Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't mind that it isn't full size, that's just a concession to reality. I do think the Lordaeron symbol looks a little squished though, wish they'd developed that element a bit more.

Also as always I wish they'd cut sensible targets rather than glass and garden gnomes. Although I guess these things are really clubs rather than swords so maybe smashing tests are more appropriate...

Otherwise a very nice looking SLO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mnesymne View Post
    Not saying i could do better, but imo it looked like a cheap plastic toy at the end...
    I don't think there's any way to turn heavily exaggerated fantasy swords like Ashbringer into real functional swords. Not while still having them look like the originals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rush1701 View Post
    Ehhh.. it looks incredibly sloppy and that guy keeps cutting corners.. not sure why people keep going on about how amazing it is ;/

It's mediocre at best.. bit like his captain america shield \o/

The other team is MUCH better, and they actually take the time to just do it like it's supposed to be.
    Shrug. I actually prefer this team to the Reforged team.

This did seem like a quickie though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Ehhh.. it looks incredibly sloppy and that guy keeps cutting corners.. not sure why people keep going on about how amazing it is ;/

It's mediocre at best.. bit like his captain america shield \o/

The other team is MUCH better, and they actually take the time to just do it like it's supposed to be.
    do tell what actual expertise and knowledge of weapon making, basic forging/metal work or even general prop making you base this on

do people have any idea what goes into making real usable swords? If you're lost in fantasy, you lose a lot of the magic seeing them made. Which is idiotic because that shit is actually amazing.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-08-27 at 06:38 AM.

for me this is the best weapon he forges till now

Every episode "if I had actually made this it'd weigh...."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Every episode "if I had actually made this it'd weigh...."
    Because he is forging prop replicas, not fully working, fully forged working weapons. These types of weapons are unwieldy and impractical due to weight and size.

I have frostmourne and the thing is awkward as hell to wield.

I man are they made to be wieldly? Make that baby up to spec so it'll last a lifetime.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I love the work, but why not use the classic model?
    he makes what blizzard sends him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Yeah, he only made the weapons for the Thor Movie, all pirates of the Caribbean, and like 100 other films. But yep, sloppy.
    What does his other crap have to do with THIS sword? THIS looks sloppy and rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    do tell what actual expertise and knowledge of weapon making, basic forging/metal work or even general prop making you base this on

do people have any idea what goes into making real usable swords? If you're lost in fantasy, you lose a lot of the magic seeing them made. Which is idiotic because that shit is actually amazing.
    Why do I need to have "actual expertise and knowledge of weapon making, basic forging/metal work or even general prop making".. I have eyes, and they clearly see this shit is mediocre.

Why do people always keep throwing "let's see you do better" back, it's such bullshit. Gonna tell me to have a reality check now too? It's fun reading you defend this for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2016-08-27 at 10:52 AM.

Deleted
    it looks nothing like Ashbringer?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't mind that it isn't full size, that's just a concession to reality. I do think the Lordaeron symbol looks a little squished though, wish they'd developed that element a bit more.

Also as always I wish they'd cut sensible targets rather than glass and garden gnomes. Although I guess these things are really clubs rather than swords so maybe smashing tests are more appropriate...

Otherwise a very nice looking SLO.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think there's any way to turn heavily exaggerated fantasy swords like Ashbringer into real functional swords. Not while still having them look like the originals.

- - - Updated - - -

Shrug. I actually prefer this team to the Reforged team.

This did seem like a quickie though.
    It is outside the scope of this project, which is basically to make it cool and in game like for blizzcon, but I would like to see an actual re-imaging rather then a duplicating for weapons like this.

Take the concept of Ashbringer or Gorehowl and use it as inspiration for a more realistic weapon that could actually be wielded and that doesn't look so 'cartoony'.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    I'd prefer to see larger and heavier weapons even if they're harder to wield. The Reforged crew did an amazing Greatsword of Artorias for the Dark Souls 3 launch even though no one could swing it properly. The Reforged crew has been more impressive in general. They do a lot more forging as opposed to plasma cutting steel to shape.

Doesn't look like the Ashbringer I know.

Deleted
    My sub money was well spent. More PR shit please, I need MOAR!

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    nice i like that

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Because he is forging prop replicas, not fully working, fully forged working weapons. These types of weapons are unwieldy and impractical due to weight and size.

I have frostmourne and the thing is awkward as hell to wield.
    Yeah I also have one, thing is pretty much useless as a sword. You could stab someone with it, only if they were stupid enough to not move lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    he makes what blizzard sends him
    That's why I wonder why Blizzard chose this model instead of the classic one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    it looks nothing like Ashbringer?
    It looks exactly like the Artifact Customization of it though.

They aren't making the originals and considering the OG Ashbringer has a floating glowing disc this one is much more practical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    That's why I wonder why Blizzard chose this model instead of the classic one.
    The floating Glowing disc for one and to showcase their new expansion secondly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    My sub money was well spent. More PR shit please, I need MOAR!
    I'm sure your $15 a month really goes far towards this kind of thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Yeah I also have one, thing is pretty much useless as a sword. You could stab someone with it, only if they were stupid enough to not move lol
    Sharp as hell as well, you have to be so careful with it due to the lower blades that jut off from the base. Its a gorgeous sword, just so dangerous

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    It looks exactly like the Artifact Customization of it though.

They aren't making the originals and considering the OG Ashbringer has a floating glowing disc this one is much more practical.
    I mean he could have attached it somehow w/ a clear bit of plastic or something, would have just broken when they hit things with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Sharp as hell as well, you have to be so careful with it due to the lower blades that jut off from the base. Its a gorgeous sword, just so dangerous

Yeah the first ~10cm of the blade is sharp, the rest is not, as i said you could poke someone wit it, but they would have to be stupid to let you hah.

What does his other crap have to do with THIS sword? THIS looks sloppy and rushed.

Why do I need to have "actual expertise and knowledge of weapon making, basic forging/metal work or even general prop making".. I have eyes, and they clearly see this shit is mediocre.

Why do people always keep throwing "let's see you do better" back, it's such bullshit. Gonna tell me to have a reality check now too? It's fun reading you defend this for whatever reason.
    To be honest I don't know what you're talking about. It is based on the design he was given, and looks like the design he was given. What more would you expect from him? If you have any complaint it should be about what blizzard requested of him.

Also we don't know what discussions he had with whoever was in charge of the commission, perhaped he explained different options along the way and they rejected them (such as the options for the disc), we don't know that. That doesn't make it sloppy and rushed, and honestly it looks pretty difficult to make, I love the handle the details like the font on the blade.