Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    for me it's fine
    but what pisses me of is that he can shot and melee attack at almost the same time
    hook > shot + melee
    I hate that shit

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoxx View Post
    for me it's fine
    but what pisses me of is that he can shot and melee attack at almost the same time
    hook > shot + melee
    I hate that shit
    Most heroes can animation cancel but Blizzard is removing it on PTR right now I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not fine. It's CC plus a one-shot kill for a lot of heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I want you to explain to me what Roadhog's role on the team is if the hook combo does not kill heroes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Charge is a CC+one shot kill.

Arrow/Sniper round to the head is a one-shot kill.

Getting knocked off a cliff is generally a one-shot kill.

Trap+Bomb is a one-shot kill.

There are a LOT of things that can one-shot you in Overwatch. There are a lot of things that can one-shot you in ALL the FPS. Thats fine. Thats normal. The game is balanced around such a thing. This isn't a MMO, or a MOBA. Its a FPS, where you kill ppl in the face with rocket launchers, sniper rounds, knocking em off cliffs, hitting them in the back, ect. Its 10% skill, 90% reflexes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

It's fine in my opinion because it's not sustained, it's just burst. He reloads his gun so slowly and only has 4 shots, and his chain has a decent CD.

His chain can also be blocked by barriers/shields, and for most heroes it can be healed through actually if your healer pays attention. It's only going to be a one shot in that case against like Tracer, which really, if you land a hook on a Tracer, you deserve the kill.

Road hog has limited range, no mobility, is a huge target and is an offensive tank. A combination of negatives that balances his positives.

As a zarya i often save my shields either to present myself as a target to him to make him waste his hook in a charge (and shield it for free weapon boosting) or to shield an ally he hooks if he's smart enough to realise what iam doing (or my allies are stupid enough to put themselves on a platter to him despite me baiting him)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Charge is a CC+one shot kill.

Arrow/Sniper round to the head is a one-shot kill.

Getting knocked off a cliff is generally a one-shot kill.

Trap+Bomb is a one-shot kill.

There are a LOT of things that can one-shot you in Overwatch. There are a lot of things that can one-shot you in ALL the FPS. Thats fine. Thats normal. The game is balanced around such a thing. This isn't a MMO, or a MOBA. Its a FPS, where you kill ppl in the face with rocket launchers, sniper rounds, knocking em off cliffs, hitting them in the back, ect. Its 10% skill, 90% reflexes.
    None of these are similar situations that can be compared.

Junkrat's ability to "one-shot" is super situational. It requires you drop your trap and mine on the same place. And hope someone steps on it. Times I've seen this happen to me? Zero. Times I've done it to others? Zero. The mine is more useful as a combat tool than a trap.

Environmental kills are pretty irrelevant either way.

We're talking about a character whose entire offensive capability is designed around him CC'ing characters and one-shotting them. Period. that's bad design. We're also talking a tank here, and no other tank has an ability that powerful. Reinhart's charge does it, but it's super situational, and leaves him wide open, assuming he doesn't charge off a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I regularly survive about 70-80% of hooks when playing Mei, simply because I spam the shit out of Ice Block as soon as I see I've been hooked (if you're missing health or have orb of discord on you, you're boned anyways).
    Lucio too: Hit your pushback as soon as the stun wears off and you usually push Roadhog out of one-shot range.

More to the point, stay at or out of Roadhog's max hook range if you know there is one on the opposing team. Being at max range gives you time to press a button (wraith form, iceblock, pushback, etc) to try to survive and obviously being out of max range means you can't be hooked at all. When his hook is available, Roadhog dominates close- to mid-range. You can't allow him to play his game.

- - - Updated - - -

Junkrat's ability to "one-shot" is super situational. It requires you drop your trap and mine on the same place. And hope someone steps on it. Times I've seen this happen to me? Zero. Times I've done it to others? Zero. The mine is more useful as a combat tool than a trap.
    Zero? Seriously? Get better at Junkrat then. I do it at the start of probably 60% of my games as Junkrat, as well as randomly in the middle of games if somebody happens onto my trap and I pop him in the face with bombs or my mine to finish it. Getting 5-7 traps per game as Junkrat should be routine; if you're not converting at least half of those into deaths you're simply put doing it wrong.

We're talking about a character whose entire offensive capability is designed around him CC'ing characters and one-shotting them. Period. that's bad design.
    He's only a "tank" because he has high HP. There are multiple class in this game that melt the opposition if you let them play their game.

Bottom line: Heroes want to do a certain thing. If you let them, you lose. Don't let them. The idea that being able to kill somebody 75% of the 50% of the time you hit a hook every six seconds you try being overpowered is laughable. Move erratically. Stay at range. The only hero I get hooked more than twice per game on, on average, is Roadhog himself, and that's because he's fucking gigantic and an easy target for the enemy team.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

10+ Year Old Account

We're talking about a character whose entire offensive capability is designed around him CC'ing characters and one-shotting them. Period. that's bad design. We're also talking a tank here, and no other tank has an ability that powerful. Reinhart's charge does it, but it's super situational, and leaves him wide open, assuming he doesn't charge off a cliff.
    Reaper, Genji, Mei, Lucio and Tracer can survive it if they're quick (Wraith, Deflect/dash, Iceblock, Knockback, Blink/Recall respectively). The other healers are on the backlines, so if you go to get them your team is a person down in the early fight and you'll likely die if you try that, rather negating the fact that you just took out one of theirs.

The other characters capable of 1-shots have utility outside of it, and Roadhogs only other utility is to charge your Mercy's ult, and the ult of everyone on the enemy team at the same time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    I want you to explain to me what Roadhog's role on the team is if the hook combo does not kill heroes.
    I want you to explain why he should have such an ability in the first place (and nothing but that).

The hook is the most frustrating mechanic in the game. I know you'll say bullshit like "it's not, git gud" but literally every single pro gamer, casual and whatever it's called when you are between these two, has raged about that ability more often than not.
    It doesn't require aim, is way too unforgiving for the hooked player and forgiving for the player aiming the hook and will pull you through hell and beyond, the range is way too long too and just about everything is wrong with that ability.

Give him something else, that would be the correct thing to do, but it's too late for that, he'll remain the most annoying hero there is, right next to Hanzo.

99% of all the Roadhog hooks aren't even aiming when they push the button, because it's not hitscan.
    They throw, and then they swing their crosshair around, because they know it'll hit, the hitbox is as large as a payload, so to speak.

It doesn't matter how easily you can or can not kill him. The mechanic itself is stupid and anti-fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Reaper, Genji, Mei, Lucio and Tracer can survive it if they're quick (Wraith, Deflect/dash, Iceblock, Knockback, Blink/Recall respectively). The other healers are on the backlines, so if you go to get them your team is a person down in the early fight and you'll likely die if you try that, rather negating the fact that you just took out one of theirs.

The other characters capable of 1-shots have utility outside of it, and Roadhogs only other utility is to charge your Mercy's ult, and the ult of everyone on the enemy team at the same time

Ya... because Roadhogs sustain and ult is so bad, right?
    And the only way you can survive Roadhogs pull/1-shot is when he messes up. You can hold down whatever button lets you survive if there is a delay after the hook so it's not a "if you are fast enough" issue. The thing is, the stun is longer than the hook and Roadhog can shoot you before you can use skills.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-08-28 at 10:10 AM.

try playing roadhog for a day and youll see why this isnt an issue.

The problem is the size of the hook and the auto-connect feature it has. Beyond that, it's fine.

Deleted
    Here. Let me show you what is the real problem with hook. That is the reason i hate it. It is so freaking easy to hit with and only counter for it is to stay away from him

https://gfycat.com/FreshFondChafer

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I want you to explain why he should have such an ability in the first place (and nothing but that).
    Simple, he's a short-ranged sniper. Quickly and efficiently killing low health targets is as much his job as it is Widowmaker's. Hell, there's more counter play to the hook than there is to Widowmaker since you can't out-range her shots.

Deleted
    If he had to "snipe" I wouldn't have a problem with him.

So how do you want him to be reworked?

Nerf his hook and his entire character falls apart and becomes useless.

He's already fairly mediocre right now so I don't see how you could possibly nerf his hook without completely reworking the character.

He's fine.

Edit: The things with his hook and pulling at weird angles is the game, not him as a character, you've been hit by other things while in cover but they don't look as obvious as Roadhogs hook does.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm not sure why it's "bad design". It's a specific concept that's distinct from the others, which is good character design. Sure, he can two-shot people (seriously, let's stop calling it a "one-shot" when it requires hitting them twice), but plenty of heroes can do the same, or even true one-shots. And there's a significant CD to it, as well as a solid aim component, it's completely defeated by barriers and deflects, and it stuns Roadhog for slightly longer than his victim, allowing a fast response to provide an escape for some heroes.

I really don't see how any of this is unbalanced. It certainly isn't leaviing Roadhog in such a powerful position that he's a preferential pick, and he's not great as a solo tank, since he can't really handle focus fire as well as any of the others. Even Zarya is better equipped for that.

And while he might murder one person now and then with his hook, a fully-charged Zarya can wreak absolute havoc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Ya... because Roadhogs sustain and ult is so bad, right?
    And the only way you can survive Roadhogs pull/1-shot is when he messes up. You can hold down whatever button lets you survive if there is a delay after the hook so it's not a "if you are fast enough" issue. The thing is, the stun is longer than the hook and Roadhog can shoot you before you can use skills.
    It's normally a 50/50 for me if I live or die on any of the characters I listed.

His sustain is fine, but at that point you're just charging enemy ults.
    And his ult isn't all that game changing for how long it takes to charge.

Deleted
    It is just fine i think. He would be so useless without it. The only problem is the hitbox wich is a bit big