Page 25 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Why must this encouragement be assumed to be a ploy at all times? It sounds like some sort of master conspiracy theory.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, are we talking about people now? Not this country?
    Not at all. Its the easiest way to get people to do what you please. How else do you think you get soldiers to fight in wars that actually dont protect, or benefit anyone but a select few?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    who hate someone just cause they are different.
    That doesn't have anything to do with America specifically, that could apply just as much to you or any country.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Tell that to the racist fuckers, who hate someone just cause they are different.
    Quite a few people view black lives matter as racist. Blacks oppress blacks far more than anyone else or institution.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2016-08-28 at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Not at all. Its the easiest way to get people to do what you please. How else do you think you get soldiers to fight in wars that actually dont protect, or benefit anyone but a select few?
    That's not what I asked though. Why must it be assumed that anything encouraged by those up top to those down below must always be a ploy for control?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not what I asked though. Why must it be assumed that anything encouraged by those up top to those down below must always be a ploy for control?
    How else do you get people to do what you want without benefiting directly themselves?

7+ Year Old Account
    We pay them. The vast majority of military personnel are not even in wars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    We pay them. The vast majority of military personal are not even in wars.
    And yet, we hear stories of "I fight for my country", "I fight to protect our freedoms" when in actuality the idea was to make money for someone else. Military pay is low, its mostly the educational benefits that people go for. and pride in something. Its also a bribe to get people to die for something arbitrary, but at least in that instance they may actually get something out of it.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2016-08-28 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sherenei View Post
    This 27 pages post filled with insults and racism was brought to you by someone sitting through a song.

Ridiculous isnt it?
    He started it.

How else do you get people to do what you want without benefiting directly themselves?
    Once again, that isn't the question I am asking. I am asking why it must always be assumed that when those up top encourage action from those down at the bottom, that it is always simply a ploy for control.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, that isn't the question I am asking. I am asking why it must always be assumed that when those up top encourage action from those down at the bottom, that it is always simply a ploy for control.
    What would you say it is then? My understanding of the question is my question in response.

btw send this to me in a DM, I am going to sleepz. I def want to keep up the convo when I am up again.

What would you say it is then? My understanding of the question is my question in response.

btw send this to me in a DM, I am going to sleepz. I def want to keep up the convo when I am up again.
    My question is why it can't be literally anything else, and why it must be assumed to be a ploy for control and nothing else.

7+ Year Old Account
    And yet, we only hear stories of "I fight for my country", "I fight to protect our freedoms" when in actuality the idea was to make money for someone else. Military pay is low, its mostly the educational benefits that people go for.
    Meh, it isn't anything to be worried about. A military is required for all countries and isn't going away. Even Democrats like Hillary take strong geo-political stances.

As far as soldiers, quantity is going to be going down long-term as technology becomes more advanced. Less boots on the ground are needed when you have a more capable air force and intelligence department.

That doesn't have anything to do with America specifically, that could apply just as much to you or any country.
    Obviously.You actually got offended by that lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    My question is why it can't be literally anything else, and why it must be assumed to be a ploy for control and nothing else.
    Well.... what do the people on top want? Generally its more of something. Money tends to be the most common. Maybe more control too. However this is in their benefit, not necessarily for those below them. The ones on top cannot achieve their aims alone. They need the citizenry. Yesterday it was for god, today it is for "our freedoms." The people on top for ages have gotten the people below to give what they can, including their lives, in order to achieve something for those on top, that was never intended to benefit those below in the first place.

I must sleep now. DM me instead. I certainly want to continue this, because it is an interesting discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, it isn't anything to be worried about. A military is required for all countries and isn't going away. Even Democrats like Hillary take strong geo-political stances.

As far as soldiers, quantity is going to be going down long-term as technology becomes more advanced. Less boots on the ground are needed when you have a more capable air force and intelligence department.
    Who says I am worried? I am speaking of particular world views and philosophies.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    He started it.
    He said nothing racist, the racists got butthurt and started spewing their nonsense first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    And yet, we hear stories of "I fight for my country", "I fight to protect our freedoms" when in actuality the idea was to make money for someone else. Military pay is low, its mostly the educational benefits that people go for. and pride in something. Its also a bribe to get people to die for something arbitrary, but at least in that instance they may actually get something out of it.
    I'm not convinced the reasons they give are their true motive, I just think it sounds better than for them to say they did it because it was a simple path or because they wanted the kind of recognition people who had served in older wars receive. Our grandfathers and great grandfathers are often heralded as heroes when we're told stories of them as children and I think it's quite natural for a lot of people to aspire to become heroes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well.... what do the people on top want? Generally its more of something. Money tends to be the most common. Maybe more control too. However this is in their benefit, not necessarily for those below them. The ones on top cannot achieve their aims alone. They need the citizenry. Yesterday it was for god, today it is for "our freedoms." The people on top for ages have gotten the people below to give what they can, including their lives, in order to achieve something for those on top, that was never intended to benefit those below in the first place.
    Cool, having so many rich people around benefits our economy greatly. Feel free to go to a shithole where high earners are punished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite a few people view black lives matter as racist. Blacks oppress blacks far more than anyone else or institution.
    Power is required to oppress.
    Blacks have a cultural habit of ruining each others lives and communities. That is not oppression.

Oppression is what created the environment for Black communities to wind up like that in the first place.

Blacks do not face the institutional oppression they once did, but the effects of it linger in their communities and culture, and it is going to take a long time to change that.

Now, the onus to make those final changes falls on the Black community...but they have to be given a chance, first.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

I must sleep now. DM me instead. I certainly want to continue this, because it is an interesting discussion.
    Sounds like just a lot of assumptions and generalizations. I don't see why it must be that all encouragement from the top to the bottom must be from 100% selfishness.

That view is rightfully held, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    Power is required to oppress.
    Blacks have a cultural habit of ruining each others lives and communities. That is not oppression.

Oppression is what created the environment for Black communities to wind up like that in the first place.

Blacks do not face the institutional oppression they once did, but the effects of it linger in their communities and culture, and it is going to take a long time to change that.

Now, the onus to make those final changes falls on the Black community...but they have to be given a chance, first.
    What? So you can ruin other's lives or an entire community and that isn't power? Okay... It's like if someone were to lock you up in their basement, they obviously have power over you.

If "the community" wants to get on with their lives stop rioting, race-baiting, and perpetuating the self-victimization complex.