Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Makes sense. Keeps them powerful but now they feel like a bonus as they should.
    Nerfs definitely make sense, but they missed a ton of ridiculously overpowered legendaries. For example:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=137060/archavons-heavy-hand

This one reduces the cost of Arms' primary damaging ability by a whopping 75%. Insanely powerful. Wasn't nerfed.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=137072/amanthuls-wisdom

This one allows a resto druid to pre-HoT ~10 people while drastically reducing overhealing! Game-changing for raid healing. Not nerfed either.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=132451/m...he-rune-master

This one rewards Arcane 16% of its maximum mana when casting Arcane Barrage. Burning then conserving mana is core to Arcane gameplay, so this is just incredibly powerful too.

So while they may be nerfing a few outliers that were even more powerful than these three (and many others, I picked them at random), it is not correct to say that legendaries are "a nice bonus" now. They're still absolutely one hundred percent mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    They should take them out of the game

- - - Updated - - -

Because cucked legendaries ruin the entire idea and purpose of legendaries. Legendaries are supposed to be OP, but balanced around being really hard to get. The cloak and ring were super strong and given out like candy. Look at how it trivialized content. They should be purple items, not orange
    OMG color of item ruins the game...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post
    It's almost as if all these legendaries should never have been added into the game? I wonder which dumbass said that awhile ago?

Literally the dumbest idea i've ever seen put into an MMO.
    Hyperbole FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And what's different about that and every other beta where they fucked up the final tuning necessitating another pass shortly into the expansion?
    That no other beta had overpowered and completely random legendary items. They nerfed the most OP ones and made them decent/very good. If anything they will nerf them more I don't see them needing that much testing they are not balancing classes around legendaries anyway.

They should take them out of the game

- - - Updated - - -

Because cucked legendaries ruin the entire idea and purpose of legendaries. Legendaries are supposed to be OP, but balanced around being really hard to get. The cloak and ring were super strong and given out like candy. Look at how it trivialized content. They should be purple items, not orange
    What content did the ring trivialize? It made raiding easier but there was still bar and at that point most people had finished all the world content. The rings isn't gonna carry you to a mythic kill that's just being dishonest.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    What content did the ring trivialize? It made raiding easier but there was still bar and at that point most people had finished all the world content. The rings isn't gonna carry you to a mythic kill that's just being dishonest.
    If there was no ring half as many guilds would've killed mythic archi and probably less guilds would have cleared heroic

Deleted
    People will still tell anyone and their mother that they got a legendary and feel like they won in some huge lottery. So nothing changed.

When they first got revealed everyone with half a brain said they would be nerfed to a state where their effects would make a difference that was minor at best. Yeah it was pretty easy to see this one coming. Tbh I still think adding them in was a waste of time in the first place.

If there was no ring half as many guilds would've killed mythic archi and probably less guilds would have cleared heroic
    I doubt it would be half especially after the nerfs and valor point upgrades were added.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

You're implying that the content wasn't designed with the ring in mind, but I highly doubt that's the case.

I believe that if they left the legendaries untouched, the final raid in the expansion (if not the 2nd to last) would be tuned with the legendaries in mind. I'm sure the content would be doable with 0 legendaries -- but, as you stated, that's not reasonable for most groups.

The nerf will affect early content so that guilds/players don't have an extreme upper hand due to legendary loot drops. The conspiracy theorist in me wants to believe that they knew they were going to nerf them long ago but left them alone til the last second to amp up the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    When they first got revealed everyone with half a brain said they would be nerfed to a state where their effects would make a difference that was minor at best. Yeah it was pretty easy to see this one coming. Tbh I still think adding them in was a waste of time in the first place.
    Im not totally happy with the implementation since the "targetting" should be in on day one. However, I do really like the idea of gear upgrades that do more than increase your stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't a lot of these changes actually buffs in PvP? Many are getting way higher secondary stats now, to balance out the weaker procs or effects. And the stats remain when doing PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    Aren't a lot of these changes actually buffs in PvP? Many are getting way higher secondary stats now, to balance out the weaker procs or effects. And the stats remain when doing PvP.
    Legendaries don't work in PvP IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Legendaries don't work in PvP IIRC.
    They don't in instanced PvP but they do in world PvP.

Legendarys should not be as good as a legendary. Got it, and legion has been out for several weeks now, just because they have not turned on XP or allowed us into the new zones does not mean we are still playing Wod.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Makes sense. Keeps them powerful but now they feel like a bonus as they should.
    Except for a lot of them that are clearly and remain 30% damage buffs like the execute ring for arms and fury. It was obviously something that should have remained a talent or baseline ability but instead blizzard gated it behind an rng drop.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2016-08-28 at 06:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgameshh View Post
    You're implying that the content wasn't designed with the ring in mind, but I highly doubt that's the case.

I believe that if they left the legendaries untouched, the final raid in the expansion (if not the 2nd to last) would be tuned with the legendaries in mind. I'm sure the content would be doable with 0 legendaries -- but, as you stated, that's not reasonable for most groups.

The nerf will affect early content so that guilds/players don't have an extreme upper hand due to legendary loot drops. The conspiracy theorist in me wants to believe that they knew they were going to nerf them long ago but left them alone til the last second to amp up the hype.
    They said over and over again that HFC was tuned for players without the ring. I dont even remember them doing raid testing with the ring.

You can skip so many mechanics with it its crazy. It's definitely dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Except for a lot of them that are clearly and remain 30% damage buffs like the execute ring for arms and fury. It was obviously something that should have remained a talent or baseline ability but instead blizzard gated it behind an rng drop.

- - - Updated - - -

They're stats do their procs don't.
    No, they don't. The only thing they contribute is their ilevel. Your character gets a predetermined set of stats based on ilevel up to a cap in legion.

Except World pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    They said over and over again that HFC was tuned for players without the ring. I dont even remember them doing raid testing with the ring.

You can skip so many mechanics with it its crazy. It's definitely dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

No, they don't. The only thing they contribute is their ilevel. Your character gets a predetermined set of stats based on ilevel up to a cap in legion.

Except World pvp.
    Good point.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They have already said you could farm for them. And if you're looking to clear mythic they most assuredly will help with that.
    You can "aim" for them and your dropchance goes up after not getting one "for a while".
    You can farm just as easily for any mount or any legendary.
    Still doesn't mean you have to.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Ryxxi View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...gendary_nerfs/

Some took a huge blow, like fel rush boots are 5% instead of 20%, some are minor.
    and once again they pussied out because of mythic crybabies whining - thats why we cant have nice things in game for casuals blizzard being blizzard again

its exackly this kind of philosphy that made WoD shit it was in the end. legion will end the same if they dnt change their "lets cater only to mythic crybabies mentality"
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-08-28 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Ask yourself, would you rather take the mage with the right legendary, the one that lets you use alter time twice as long. Or some other mage with the wrong legendary item?

With the current system you won't be allowed to raid because you got the wrong item to drop from the guarantee legendary drop. Not to mention how screwed up you are when you need to play every hour of the day in hope of getting a legendary drop from trash mobs.
    if your guild sits you because you got the wrong drop means you need to find a new guild