Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's only disrespectful to the country itself, and the reason he clearly described; that country's failures to address issues with systemic racism. Which is certainly reason to choose to not show respect to that country, in protest.

The only people such a peaceful protest could "push away" are blind nationalists who would never be convinced by any argument or evidence against their nation in the first place.
    I don't think you quite understand the term "nationalist." Speaking moderately of course, nationalists don't believe their respective nations are invincible and free of misgivings about the way their country is being run. Nationalists simply believe that the unity of a people under a nation's "banner" can create the most powerful form of holding a large mass of people together. Without a flag, without some kind of symbol or mutual ideology, we are broken and divided. To burn that symbol willingly because it makes you feel like a fringe XxedgelordxX with a super rebellious message just spells out idiocy instead.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    "Oppresses Black People"

Yeah the fact your President is a Black Man, means your "oppression" is all in your head and you need to take responsibility for your own shitty life choices.

Sick to death of useless minorities blaming their self-made problems on everyone else but themselves.
    That still doesn't mean shit either lol. In fact him being the president brought out alot of racism, not to mention congress weren't fucking with him. Yea minorities need to take responsibility, but lets not pretend there are 0 issues in the US for minorities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Indeed it is. Its what is used to get people to fight in your interests and not their own.

Now, would it be rational for someone to say the following;

I am so proud myself because of the accomplishments of others, its almost like I am apart of those accomplishments because I lived in the same arbitrary area as the one who did all the work,

I am proud of this particular regions history. I have not participated in any of it, yet I feel proud of it,

I hate the guy across this made up line, they are different due to being across that line.

These are all rational sounding when nationalism/patriotism is used instead.
    To be fair, you can be proud of your country without taking it to these extremes. Everything in moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    That view is rightfully held, too.

- - - Updated - - -

What? So you can ruin other's lives or an entire community and that isn't power? Okay... It's like if someone were to lock you up in their basement, they obviously have power over you.

If "the community" wants to get on with their lives stop rioting, race-baiting, and perpetuating the self-victimization complex.
    The racists also need to stop with their bs as well.
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    That still doesn't mean shit either lol. In fact him being the president brought out alot of racism, not to mention congress weren't fucking with him. Yea minorities need to take responsibility, but lets not pretend there are 0 issues in the US for minorities.
    No, there aren't zero. But they are certainly closer to zero than the average SJW al shaptron race baiter would tell you that there are.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Gotta keep some kind of boogie man going dude, am I right?

You have mentioned no examples of racism. You just keep insisting that you are right. You are just assigning the label 'racist' to some unknown group of people whom you do not specify or extrapolate on, and then you say that they should stop doing whatever it is they are doing.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Gotta keep some kind of boogie man going dude, am I right?
    Do racists exist or not??????

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    You have mentioned no examples of racism. You just keep insisting that you are right. You are just assigning the label 'racist' to some unknown group of people whom you do not specify or extrapolate on, and then you say that they should stop doing whatever it is they are doing.

Did black people burn down their own communities and then complain that they should've taken it to the (white) suburbs because a black guy was rightfully shot by a police officer? Hm?

Deleted
    Citation needed weasel.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOmaxi View Post
    As for the part you didn't bother to even attempt to understand and just dismissed as "ridiculous", the explanation is actually pretty simple. When police get away with killing people on the street, this tells me that legal process is being circumvented
    Maybe I need to remind you exactly what you said:
    To begin with, is executoin without trial or jury the norm in USA nowadays?
    I know Euros learn from a young age that its cool to hate America, but you aren't even trying to be subtle now are you?

Did black people burn down their own communities and then complain that they should've taken it to the (white) suburbs because a black guy was rightfully shot by a police officer? Hm?
    Yea, and racists exist. There are 2 sides, black people need to take responsibility, and racists need to stop with their bs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Citation needed weasel.
    I refuse to play that bullshit game, use common sense.

I may not agree with Colin, but I far prefer this than to looting, rioting, killing police, and attacking people of the skin color you believe are oppressing you regardless of whether they've actually done anything or not.

At what point does the statement "Racists exist." somehow equate to "This country oppresses black people and people of color!"?

Yea, and racists exist. There are 2 sides, black people need to take responsibility, and racists need to stop with their bs.
    Pretty much. Although I don't see these racists burning down black businesses and calling for attacks on whites, calling for segregation, etc... the list goes on. KKK are some old fossils who've been discredited and depopulated to maybe 3000 countrywide, you're afraid of those old fossils? BLM has the power of anti-racism, guilt-baiting, and the racial narrative of being oppressed. Come on

Deleted
    I refuse to play that bullshit game, use common sense.
    That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
    The burden of proof is on you.

Pretty much. Although I don't see these racists burning down black businesses and calling for attacks on whites, calling for segregation, etc... the list goes on. KKK are some old fossils who've been discredited and depopulated to maybe 3000 countrywide, you're afraid of those old fossils? BLM has the power of anti-racism, guilt-baiting, and the racial narrative of being oppressed. Come on
    Nothing you said discredits the fact that, black people need to take responsibility, and racists need to stop with their bs.

Nothing you said discredits the fact that, black people need to take responsibility, and racists need to stop with their bs.
    Did it seem like I was trying to, after I clearly said in the first sentence "Pretty much"? This seems like a way to ignore the clear difference I drew between the evil racists with their evil "bs" and the clear violence and racism coming from blacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
    The burden of proof is on you.
    You lack common sense I guess. You would ask for proof, if I told you milk was white lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Did it seem like I was trying to, after I clearly said in the first sentence "Pretty much"? This seems like a way to ignore the clear difference I drew between the evil racists with their evil "bs" and the clear violence and racism coming from blacks.
    You listed a few things that are untrue or done by a tiny minority.

You listed a few things that are untrue or done by a tiny minority.
    Might want to reference/cite those things.

- - - Updated - - -

You lack common sense I guess. You would ask for proof, if I told you milk was white lol.
    This is approaching conspiracy level. Like "the jews are running everything, the president is a communist, isn't it obvious?"