Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    No, he's arguing semantics. Abstinence works 100% of the time. What doesn't work is abstinence education, because humans are animals and you're not going to fully suppress one of the most fundamental animal drives completely.
    Oh no. He wasn't arguing semantics. He honest to God claims Abstinence was something people actually did before the 1970's (or some other arbitrary decade full of hippies).

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    No it isn't, and if it weren't for some idiots telling us to leave religion off the table as a discussion point I'd go down that road.

Your subjective morality always leads to Stalinism and the like.
    Well while you're in timeout, I'd advise looking up the definition of both "objective" and "morals". There's a small chance you will be enlightened.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Still the joke doesn't make sense. She just popped.

Quote Originally Posted by Diangello View Post
    Still the joke doesn't make sense. She just popped.
    She didn't pop. The "pop" illustration is in a thought/fantasy bubble, it's what he's expecting to come next, but it's visibly apparent in the final image that the button is already up and popped, which is why he's shocked and she's crying. (and is completely unfair because a freaking bicycle seat or climbing can pop the button, it doesn't even need to be anything remotely sexual)

No sex before marriage can work for some people, but it's also trapped untold numbers of people in unhappy marriages, and led to people launching themselves in marriages they weren't actually prepared for or well matched for just because both parties are frankly horny. I consider it an unreasonable cultural expectation that encourages lies and undermines relationships.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    She didn't pop. The "pop" illustration is in a thought/fantasy bubble, it's what he's expecting to come next, but it's visibly apparent in the final image that the button is already up and popped, which is why he's shocked and she's crying. (and is completely unfair because a freaking bicycle seat or climbing can pop the button, it doesn't even need to be anything remotely sexual)

No sex before marriage can work for some people, but it's also trapped untold numbers of people in unhappy marriages, and led to people launching themselves in marriages they weren't actually prepared for or well matched for just because both parties are frankly horny. I consider it an unreasonable cultural expectation that encourages lies and undermines relationships.
    Horse riding was actually the most common cause of "the pop" for nobility in much of history, if I recall correctly.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much all my relationships started off sexual, shit the girl I was with the longest and still am I slept with in literally minutes of meeting her, sex is really meaningless fun, it can be intense but most of the time it's two people trying to get off, don't act like it ain't coz it is, and if you can't have a relationship where sex isn't so impactful on it you really shouldn't be in that relationship because sex isn't an indicator of being able to pay the bills in time or if you can stand talking to the other person for more then 10 years of your life. Only kikes believe such dribble and that's that.
    Processor:Intel I5 8600 @ 3.5Ghz
    Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) ddr4
    GPU: EVGA SC 1070
    some other stuff i can't remember eh

I do think sex can be far more than just physical pleasure... but it's also perfectly fine for it to "just" be for the physical aspect.

*shrug* I see no particular reason for people to wait for marriage, outside of religious beliefs. I've even tried finding justification for it, and it pretty much always boils down to pregnancy, stds, or "because God says so". The first two are easily dealt with, and the third is irrelevant unless you follow that particular faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobblo View Post
    Why is over half of your response responding to something i never implied?

Sex should be monitored by ourselves. We should make a conscientious effort to change our views on sex as a people. While we are doing that, we are becoming more and more liberal in our beliefs, and i believe, we are ultimately hurting as a society because of it.
    Because the stuff you say is either unclear as all hell or self contradictory. Like your post here.

1, Monitor ourselves. Most people don't have sex randomly. It is conscious choice taken for a variety of reasons, physical and emotional pair bonding, need for affirmation or just simple physical pleasure. People who have sex randomly with anyone and anything suffer from a psychological disorder that we generally treat with psychiatric care.

2, You just said we should monitor ourselves and that we should make an effort to change our views on sex. Change how? Be clearer.

3, But right after that you say that while (definition of while is important http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict.../english/while) we are doing that we are becoming more and more liberal...but you utterly fail to clarify whether this is a consequence of this change we are undertaking during this period, or this "becoming more liberal" is despite of it.

4, Considering that you seem to believe that becoming more liberal is a bad thing for society, I have to deduce that you are saying we should become more prudish and conservative, but as we aren't doing this, society seems to somehow be worse off.

Again, a cursory reading of what you type out is more often than not is either misleading or confusing as all hell. If you don't want to be misunderstood, spell out what you mean clearly.

What changes should we be making to how we view sex. And don't stick in random conjunctions between ideas that aren't actually meant to be connected.

I don't know whether English is your first language or not, and I'm not Grammar Naziing on you, but seriously you need to make your contributions clearer if you don't want to be misunderstood. (Tho I doubt I misunderstood you, at the core of your beliefs, as you might not want legal changes, but the societal changes you seem to want can be equally damaging.)

Lol abstinence. It doesn't work, it has never worked and it never will work.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Deleted
    As a woman, no. No sex before marriage is absurd.

Test the fucking horse before buying it. Sex before marriage is essential or you cannot marry.

lol lawd this is dumb I'm going 2 f a woman I'm dating in 1 week and if she does not sleep with me by that time she will be replaced... end of post!

Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    lol lawd this is dumb I'm going 2 f a woman I'm dating in 1 week and if she does not sleep with me by that time she will be replaced... end of post!
    That seems like the opposite extreme. If that's all you care about marriage is clearly not what you're looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    Lol abstinence. It doesn't work, it has never worked and it never will work.
    I assume you mean it doesn't get people to stop having sex, so sure. But abstinence works 100% against STDs, it really does. Just need to stop dropping your pants everywhere you go or getting impregnated on the subway like Dom Deluise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I assume you mean it doesn't get people to stop having sex, so sure. But abstinence works 100% against STDs, it really does. Just need to stop dropping your pants everywhere you go or getting impregnated on the subway like Dom Deluise.
    That argument is like saying never stick a penny in an electrical socket and 100% of the time you'll never get shocked. It's fucking stupid. Of course if you don't have sex you won't get STDs. Nobody's fucking arguing that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Except it totally didn't. You're objectively factually wrong about this. "Sexual immorality" didn't begin in the 1960s. As someone else stated, prostitution is "the oldest profession," and fucking has been prominent in literally every society we have any level of historical documentation on.
    What a load of crap, I wager cooking is the oldest profession.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    That argument is like saying never stick a penny in an electrical socket and 100% of the time you'll never get shocked. It's fucking stupid. Of course if you don't have sex you won't get STDs. Nobody's fucking arguing that point.
    Okay? Then it's irrelevant/blatantly wrong to say abstinence doesn't work. I think people mean to say "the methods of being abstinent haven't worked well so far". Although seriously how fucking hard is it to not have sex? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    [IMG]Of course if you don't have sex you won't get STDs. Nobody's fucking arguing that point.[/IMG]

In fairness, this is something of an exaggeration. Never underestimate the stupidity of people "not having sex" in the "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" sense.

For example: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-conceive.html
    See also: https://www.stdcheck.com/blog/how-to...ut-having-sex/

So, no, abstinence doesn't offer 100% from pregnancy even, let alone STDs. It may be that it actually encourages risky behavior, as well as discouraging things like getting checked for STDs.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    [IMG]Of course if you don't have sex you won't get STDs. Nobody's fucking arguing that point.[/IMG]

In fairness, this is something of an exaggeration. Never underestimate the stupidity of people "not having sex" in the "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" sense.

For example: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-conceive.html
    See also: https://www.stdcheck.com/blog/how-to...ut-having-sex/

So, no, abstinence doesn't offer 100% from pregnancy even, let alone STDs. It may be that it actually encourages risky behavior, as well as discouraging things like getting checked for STDs.
    Not really. Only shame about sex would do that.

That list seems pretty obvious. Don't share personal things you put on your herpes, etc... If you change oral sex to "not sex" (not sure how that happens, or if that really convinced anyone), of course you can say that.

Deleted
    I'd rather have no talking before marriage than no sex before marriage.

I rather subscribe to my mother's philosophy on the subject: would you buy a car without taking it for a test drive?