Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Go Topless Day to free the nipple in Vancouver this Sunday

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/go-to...ree-the-nipple

Dozens of women will be marching through Vancouver topless this Sunday to uphold their right to #freethenipple, and celebrate the 8th International Go Topless Day.

The Go Topless Day Vancouver Parade will start at Safeway at Robson and Bidwell at 1 pm and end at the Vancouver Art Gallery at the corner of Robson and Hornby around 2:30 pm.

Although it is legal in Vancouver for women to go topless as well as men, organizers say many people do not even know about – or respect – that right.

“No woman should be humiliated or harassed because she takes a quiet sunbathe topless, while men are allowed,” write organizers on the Facebook event.

“The more women… exercise their right freely, the less others will react around them.”

Men are also invited to take part, but to make a point about the different way female toplessness is treated, men are asked to cover their nipples with an X or a bikini top/bra.

“If women are not respected and [are] asked to… cover their breasts because it is indecent then men should cover themselves too!” say organizers.

To women thinking of coming along, but feeling shy about doing so, organizers emphasize the group will all be in it together – and if you want to come clothed, then that’s okay too.

“Let’s unite together to express this freedom and assert this right.”
    Go Topless Day Vancouver 2016

When: Sunday, August 28

Time: 1 to 2:30 pm

Where: Starts at Safeway at Robson and Bidwell, ends at the Vancouver Art Gallery, at the corner of Robson and Hornby

Does it specifically say you have to be a woman?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Unpossible! T&A would have told us!

@Hubcap Nope, not a hint, not even:
    Men are also invited to take part, but to make a point about the different way female toplessness is treated, men are asked to cover their nipples with an X or a bikini top/bra.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see the hard hitting real issues of the World are constantly worked on by these people

Ironically the only people I ever see complain about Women being Topless in Public are other Women.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2016-08-28 at 08:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post

“If women are not respected and [are] asked to… cover their breasts because it is indecent then men should cover themselves too!” say organizers.
    Men should cover up because women get told to cover up but women don't have to cover up because men don't get asked to.

Yup, fucking retarded. My nipples flow free at least 8500 hours a year.

Deleted
    Attentionwhores being attentionwhores.

sounds like a fine parade, if i wanted to spend an hour and a half in traffic and venture into Vancouver i might attend the parade but.. nah

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Men should cover up because women get told to cover up but women don't have to cover up because men don't get asked to.

Yup, fucking retarded. My nipples flow free at least 8500 hours a year.
    wow, are you a nudist?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    “No woman should be humiliated or harassed because she takes a quiet sunbathe topless, while men are allowed,” write organizers on the Facebook event.
    I don't think it's fair I'm being humiliated for pulling out my dick in public.

Don't these feminists ever get that men would have no problem with seeing their tits in public? You can jump up and down in front of my window, topless, all day, and I wouldn't mind. I might even tip you. We live in a world where men pay money for seeing women naked. And these women think we want them to cover up. The same women that complain when men only look at them or make them compliments.

Go ahead and walk around topless. See how it goes. Don't complain when men treat you accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Good to see the hard hitting real issues of the World are constantly worked on by these people

Ironically the only people I ever see complain about Women being Topless in Public are other Women.
    only on the internet would someone say equality isnt a worthwhile pursuit

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Why are you not working on the real world issues instead of posting on a forum?
    Because I don't care to waste my time on Issues, Real or Trivial.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    Only on the Internet would someone think walking around topless was any sort of worthwhile "equality".

Also as I said, Women seem to be the only ones I ever seem to see complain about other Women being Topless. would guarantee the vast majority of Men could not give a shit.

So this March has nothing to do with Equality since they mostly seem to be keep themselves down as a Gender.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    Only on the internet, does someone use this level of a stupid Strawman.

At least, that's the hope, for your sake. Otherwise, you are about as "intelligent" in your reasoning as the feminists.

How about men going around with bikini-bottoms? Surely, the dick falling out isn't a problem, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Well I'll contribute too, from Finland *throws bra away*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    sounds like a fine parade, if i wanted to spend an hour and a half in traffic and venture into Vancouver i might attend the parade but.. nah

wow, are you a nudist?
    No I'm a NEET

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    How about men going around with bikini-bottoms? Surely, the dick falling out isn't a problem, right?
    Nah man, they are getting triggered by our very nipples. They can put up with the fat, hairy beer belly, but not the nipps. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I have never heard a person tell a woman to cover her breasts I have told many a male to put a fucking shirt on.

- - - Updated - - -

No I'm a NEET
    Not really something people brag about lol

Quote Originally Posted by Meridas View Post
    I don't think it's fair I'm being humiliated for pulling out my dick in public.

Don't these feminists ever get that men would have no problem with seeing their tits in public? You can jump up and down in front of my window, topless, all day, and I wouldn't mind. I might even tip you. We live in a world where men pay money for seeing women naked. And these women think we want them to cover up. The same women that complain when men only look at them or make them compliments.

Go ahead and walk around topless. See how it goes. Don't complain when men treat you accordingly.
    your dick is a sexual organ, a breast isn't a sexual organ.

hopefully this picks up in the US more. i mean, it's not like i'll be walking around without a shirt if it's legal, but i think people should have the right to if they want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

hopefully this picks up in the US more. i mean, it's not like i'll be walking around without a shirt if it's legal, but i think people should have the right to if they want.
    And do you agree with the sentiment of Men not being allowed to have exposed nipples?

It's plain Sexism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

Brb grabbing my assless leather chaps and going to town.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is they're so rarely the women you want to see topless...

Anywho... as for people saying "sexually dimorphic/engrained gender roles/yadda yadda..." So what? That, in it of itself, isn't an argument.

Sure, you can point out that women have different breasts than men, but that isn't really a reason that they should be "treated" differently.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    And do you agree with the sentiment of Men not being allowed to have exposed nipples?

It's plain Sexism.
    Pretty sure they were shooting for "irony"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.