Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Yeah, I'll call bs on that one.
    Would be a weird thing to just "make up" don't you think?

Deleted
    Longevity of a marriage is inversely proportional to the expenditure on the wedding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    15 yo Glenlivet costs like €40 and is probably stacked on the shelves of the nearest supermarket here :<
    It's $75 to $100 here not in supermarkets here.

Deleted
    Lol what? Why would you want to spend so much on a wedding? Would you not prefer to spend that on a car or on a house instead?

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    They cost as much as you are willing to spend. they can cost nothing too.
    You have right.

This is just another click-bait from stupid magazine for desperately females, who don't know how to live properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    As a person that has been married and divorced twice, if your future spouse has a wedding picked out that is anywhere near 100k, find a new spouse.
    You are not very good at picking spouse.
    Why should we listen to your advice?

My advice is that never get married in the first place !

Wow...100k on a wedding. So glad me and my partner don't want huge weddings, so it'll barely cost at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    You are not very good at picking spouse.
    Why should we listen to your advice?

My advice is that never get married in the first place !
    They are good at picking spouses. They are not good at picking compatible spouses. They may know a lot about wedding shit having been through it twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I mean, if they're willing to spend that much, then it's none of my business. I think my parents spent around $5,000 on mine.
    Wait, your parents spent on your wedding? wtf?

100k plus half your shit for the divorce... that is quite expensive. I can't say that I am ready to flush a few million dollars down the toilet just yet.

Yeah if the woman wants to spend a year's salary for a wedding, it's a really, really not a good sign. "Dream wedding" and similar bullshit are for people who haven't grown up mentally yet. Don't marry such people.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    I always thought it is female's parents pay for the wedding.
    At least the first wedding

It is usually fairly cheap too.

I guess different culture is different.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Dont' invite 150 friends and everything will be OK. We have had only 15 guests and that was nice.

This is a indirect result of the female entitlement issue thats been plagueing our society for the past decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    You would be surprised how quickly the number of people you "need" to invite to things like this can get out of hand very rapidly.

My wife estimated about 200 invites. I thought she was crazy...I was wrong. After we tallied up siblings, parents, aunt/uncles, and close cousins the number was modest. After we included, all of the above's signigigant others/kids, and close friends the number was huge.
    But why include them all?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Total waste of money. Not surprising as most people are terrible with money. If it's important to you to have a large wedding with family + reception it can still be done for way cheaper than 100k. I also think jewelry/engagement + wedding rings are a waste of money, but that's just me.

My ideal wedding: wildflowers as a bouquet and in my hair, out near a mountainside somewhere, white linen dress, close friends and family only. Could probably do the whole thing + an awesome reception for $500.
    I think my cousin's wedding cost, what, $200? They invited maybe around 8 closest people and just bought a lot of food and celebrated at his fiancee's family's house. I really don't see the point of doing more than that; I think, honeymoon can be special, but wedding doesn't have to.

And yes, I totally agree about jewelry. And if jewelry is to be bought still, at least it should be cheap jewelry, not that insanity some people do, like buying $20k rings.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Total waste of money. Not surprising as most people are terrible with money. If it's important to you to have a large wedding with family + reception it can still be done for way cheaper than 100k. I also think jewelry/engagement + wedding rings are a waste of money, but that's just me.

My ideal wedding: wildflowers as a bouquet and in my hair, out near a mountainside somewhere, white linen dress, close friends and family only. Could probably do the whole thing + an awesome reception for $500.
    Depends on how much you use on them Mine and my partners wasn't waste
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Would be a weird thing to just "make up" don't you think?
    Not at all. People brag about stupid shit all the time.

"I got friends who had $100k weddings straight out of high school. It's so average, look how rich me & my friends are".

7+ Year Old Account
    I could see *maybe* spending (at most) $500, and that's assuming you want to invite a bunch of people and also taking into account hotels/party/etc. Anything more than that is excessive and stupid. As for myself, when my now ex and I got married, we just had a backyard BBQ type of thing and spent maybe $40.

One of my sisters spent 50k on hers (my parents had saved for years for it). My other sister just ran off with some guy and didn't spend a dime.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2016-08-28 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Nopenopenope.

And here I thought we had something special, after I had spent 2 months inside you!
    What now? How does this work?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    It's pretty common if your parents are well off. My dad paid for my sister's wedding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Longevity of a marriage is inversely proportional to the expenditure on the wedding.
    so your saying the only thing women care about is money? then don't marry gold diggers.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-08-28 at 12:59 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.