15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by globezorz View Post
    Such a waste of time, why would I skip out on xp and gear while leveling just to hit 110, then waste time running back through all the zones for gear that's going to be ilvl 790 when normal mode dungeons drop 805+ level gear? The rest of the tips are fine but that was is dumb. Especially with 3 weeks to gear up, it's just not beneficial.
    Because you will have time to waste regardless between doing dungeons and world quest (taking you into those areas/near where the rares are ANYWAY) for 3 weeks, while raids and mythic+ are not available. It is beneficial, if you have any regard in trying to get as many opportunities for titanforged with your best secondary stats in mind.

Of course, if you're just a casual(generally speaking), do as you please. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Because you will have time to waste regardless between doing dungeons and world quest (taking you into those areas/near where the rares are ANYWAY) for 3 weeks, while raids and mythic+ are not available. It is beneficial, if you have any regard in trying to get as many opportunities for titanforged with your best secondary stats in mind.

Of course, if you're just a casual(generally speaking), do as you please. :P
    The titanforged is still not as good as heroic dungeon gear? You'd need the piece to be titanforged +35 just to break even with a heroic dungeon. I just don't see the point. But everyone can do what they want. The rare gear scaled with your level, not your ilvl, its 790 gear. If need 790 gear come week 2 or 3 you're doing something wrong.

My main point is, if you're running heroics and base mythics, getting the BiS pre-raid crafted gear, then the treasure/rare mob gear is literally useless and would be better served to boost your stats and xp while leveling, or straight up skipped to save time altogether.
    Last edited by globezorz; 2016-08-27 at 10:24 PM.

Could anyone send me the artifact tree order with the lastest fr build please?

Oh god! Please remake gurthalak! Best weapon ever
    Now if you had said Jin'rohk, The Great Apocalypse, Armageddon, or my personal favorite Grand Marshal's Claymore I would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    Now if you had said Jin'rohk, The Great Apocalypse, Armageddon, or my personal favorite Grand Marshal's Claymore I would agree.
    Can I get an updated model of Zin'rohk, Destroyer of Worlds?

Anyone know what the 110 PvP server FR warriors sim at or how much dps they should be doing on a boss target dummy. Just trying to see if I have the rotation correct now.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing I noticed is that I can fit a FR in the GCD of a CS, so if I proc Tac I can CS>FR>MS and get a 1X FR MS.

Another thing I noticed is that I can fit a FR in the GCD of a CS, so if I proc Tac I can CS>FR>MS and get a 1X FR MS.
    If you do that you can waste a proc, only do it if you are about to rage cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelon View Post
    If you do that you can waste a proc, only do it if you are about to rage cap.
    I don't see how your wasting a proc, since I am getting a stronger MS and SD. Procs are a chance, to my knowledge its not based on PPM is it? There is no hidden CD on Tac since I have proc'd it 3 times in a row so far.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    The one thing that irks me about the class fantasy that they went with for arms is "Tactician." Why the hell is "Tactician" the buzz word for an arms warrior lol? For guys like Garrosh/Grommash. I don't know, in the past, when I think arms warrior, I think brute with a 2h that often swings slow, but relentlessly swings damn hard and with a lot of force.

None of this tactician or precision garbage they keep throwing around. Arms in my head is the "warlord" fantasy not the tactician/strategist fantasy. Arms the relentless brute and Fury the furious (lol) berserker.
    Grommash was precision as fuck, he landed 1 mortal strike on Mannorth TWICE, you drop a huge beast with 1 axe swing, that is precision

tactician? idk about dat

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    Grommash was precision as fuck, he landed 1 mortal strike on Mannorth TWICE, you drop a huge beast with 1 axe swing, that is precision

tactician? idk about dat
    Varian, when he was Arms, killed a fel reaver with 1 hit to the face...

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Because the classes are multi-faceted rather than just one thing.

Fury Warriors aren't mindless berserkers. Yes, they follow the raging berserker theme, but that doesn't automatically mean they are dull-witted, rage-aholics, or adrenaline junkies, they're still Warriors.

Similarly, Arms Warriors aren't just mindless brutes wildly swinging a large weapon, they are also Knights, Men-at-Arms, Mercenaries, and brawlers. You name Garrosh/Grom, and while they might be brutish, even though both did some f'd up stuff, and inevitably fell in combat, it's hard to argue that they didn't possess keen tactical minds.

Classes in WoW (attempt to) encompass many fantasies under a few common themes. Inevitably there will be some conflict, but don't take each spell as indicative as the whole of the theme.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't confuse the weapon with the class. Arms Warriors are not corrupted, nor do they pulse Shadow Damage, they both come from the weapon itself. While the idea of using these powers might not resonate with some people, keep in mind that weapons imbued with otherworldly energies is not exactly a new concept:
    • Warriors wielding the Hand of Ragnaros weren't conjuring Fireballs, the hammer was.
    • Warriors wielding Thunderfury didn't control the power of the wind to create tornadoes, the sword did.
    • Warriors wielding Shadowmounre didn't control the shadow, powers of death or absorb souls, the Axe did.
    • Warriors wielding Gurthalak didn't summon old-god tentacles, the sword created them.
    Well, the joke is over because I have to explain it, but the over-exaggeration and choice wording was to imply the whole "warriors are death knights" class fantasy because both are raised (saved) by Val'kyr, although from a different figurehead and the two of the artifact traits strike me similar to Death and Decay (ground aoe) and current Virulent Plague (dot).

Deleted
    Im thinking of maining arms for legion and I would like someone elses take on the spec does anyone else think arms should just have a rage generating ability and not rely on CS and autos?

also is hamstring still used not it doesn't proc OS?

Quote Originally Posted by Recke View Post
    Well, the joke is over because I have to explain it, but the over-exaggeration and choice wording was to imply the whole "warriors are death knights" class fantasy because both are raised (saved) by Val'kyr, although from a different figurehead and the two of the artifact traits strike me similar to Death and Decay (ground aoe) and current Virulent Plague (dot).
    Sorry, I don't really consider it a joke, because it's a pretty oft-repeated complaint that Arms Warriors use Shadow magic now, when in fact they do not.

As for the Val'kyr, I think that's just bad writing. My own, well documented, issues with the Warrior "lore" of Legion aside, I think the reuse of Val'kyr is pretty poor, and I'm not really sure why they've become part of Death Knights toolkit to begin with. It makes sense that Sylvannas uses them, she controls those that broke away from the Lich King, and they aren't exactly related to Odyn's versions anymore (light-side/dark-side representation couldn't be any more apparent), but the Death Knights never really draw any such association other than the fact that the Lich King, at one time, controlled them, so now Death Knights should use them too. Pretty thin reasoning IMO.

for arms and fury not looking at the current numbers what are they good at? from what i have been reading both are good at st and aoe with arms for cleave and fury for burst aoe. also what does EN hold i see only two good cleave fights with most st add killing/burst aoe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Focused Rage sucks in PvP. I still think the rage cost is not worth the measly 20% damage increase and you're better off just running Mortal Combo so you can actually have rage to use Slam/Overpower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Focused Rage sucks in PvP. I still think the rage cost is not worth the measly 20% damage increase and you're better off just running Mortal Combo so you can actually have rage to use Slam/Overpower.
    Gladiator warriors appear to disagree.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/34...burst-as-arms/

You don't stack Focused Rage x3 alone in pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

The titanforged is still not as good as heroic dungeon gear? You'd need the piece to be titanforged +35 just to break even with a heroic dungeon. I just don't see the point. But everyone can do what they want. The rare gear scaled with your level, not your ilvl, its 790 gear. If need 790 gear come week 2 or 3 you're doing something wrong.

My main point is, if you're running heroics and base mythics, getting the BiS pre-raid crafted gear, then the treasure/rare mob gear is literally useless and would be better served to boost your stats and xp while leveling, or straight up skipped to save time altogether.
    So you didn't watch the vid or play on the beta I take it? No one said anything of not doing the base mythics, either.

Crafted gear is still a waste of time/money/mats except for the JC pieces that give class/specc buffs.

Deleted
    Two quick questions:

1. I tried to make a Weak Aura for Odyn's Fury remaining CD and availability on live but i can't seem to find the correct status for WA to find it. Apparently it is not a spell...do i have to select item CD and put in the items or what exactly is the problem?

2. In our "pre-legion discussion" my guild talked about leveling artifacts and some people proposed to maybe only put in 12-14 perks until the mythic raid opens, in case Blizzard's balancing patch with the release of mythic changes the way you would level your artifact. How do you guys plan on handling this?

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    The one thing that irks me about the class fantasy that they went with for arms is "Tactician." Why the hell is "Tactician" the buzz word for an arms warrior lol? For guys like Garrosh/Grommash. I don't know, in the past, when I think arms warrior, I think brute with a 2h that often swings slow, but relentlessly swings damn hard and with a lot of force.

None of this tactician or precision garbage they keep throwing around. Arms in my head is the "warlord" fantasy not the tactician/strategist fantasy. Arms the relentless brute and Fury the furious (lol) berserker.
    What are you even talking about? Orc blademaster in WC3 is a damn definition of precision and tactics.

Inb4 orc blademasters are not canon or something.

I don't see how your wasting a proc, since I am getting a stronger MS and SD. Procs are a chance, to my knowledge its not based on PPM is it? There is no hidden CD on Tac since I have proc'd it 3 times in a row so far.
    Everytime you spend rage you have a chance to reset CS & MS. If you first use CS then FS and tactician procs on the FS charge you just potentially wasted a whole proc because the upcoming MS that you are going to hit is also going to fish for tactician proc.

Yes FS proc chance is only 12.675% chance with exploit the weakness, but you are still limited by rage, so you should not spend it like that unless you are about to rage cap or got Battle Cry active.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorrg View Post
    Im thinking of maining arms for legion and I would like someone elses take on the spec does anyone else think arms should just have a rage generating ability and not rely on CS and autos?
    I think it would work a lot better. Enhance shamans have auto attacks and rockbiter to generate maelstrom. Demon Hunters have auto attacks and (insert the name of their move here) to generate fury. I don't see why Arms is the only spec that relys solely on auto attacks. IMO just make CS and MS generate rage, and Slam/WW/OP/anything else spend it. It's how it used to be and I loved it.