... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Letter to Blizzard..

Not on Blizzard forum.

See the problem?
    Thats all there is to this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    You seem to think quite highly of 'your money' that you MIGHT spend, and less so of the money that people already are willingly giving to Blizzard. What exactly makes YOUR money more important to Blizzard?
    Strawman?

I never said my money is special. What does that even mean? It's a matter of getting money or not getting money. Blizzard wants money, right? Well there are a ton of people that have a ton of characters on dead realms, and the more characters we have available to have fun with, the more we play the game, the more we pay for the game. It's not hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridas View Post
    Strawman?

I never said my money is special. What does that even mean? It's a matter of getting money or not getting money. Blizzard wants money , right?Well there are a ton of people that have a ton of characters on dead realms, and the more characters we have available to have fun with, the more we play the game, the more we pay for the game. It's not hard to understand.
    That part there is exactly why it is in their interests to NOT give discounts on this stuff. Doing so is literally going against that very statement.
    Last edited by skitzin; 2016-08-28 at 08:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    That part there is exactly why it is in their interests to NOT give discounts on this stuff. Doing so is literally going against that very statement.
    No. If you think that you don't understand it.

I'm not gonna dish out 200 bucks to get all my characters on a different server anyway, so either I quit prematurely, because I have less characters to play, or they make server transfers free and get more of my money through subscriptions.

Server transfers are a one time fee, subscriptions are monthly, and will be payed for years.

Consider this.

The situation on some of my servers has been this bad since Cataclysm. That's 6 years now. I've already quit in Cataclysm for 8 months because I was frustrated. I quit in WoD for 11 months. This has been an issue for years and I likely would've subscribed all the way through had I had all my characters on realms where it's playable. That's potentially 19 months I could've been subscribed longer. I didn't pay for server transfers throughout all these years, and I never will. If Blizzard holds my characters hostage on dead realms, I'm not gonna comply and give them the money. And the availability of my characters on certain realms determines how much I'm gonna play this expansion.

And I'm not the only one in this situation. There are tons of players out there, stranded on dead realms, that have build up their characters over the years and have grown attached to them. They would love to play them all, but can't or don't want to pay all that money. Especially since no one can guarantee them, that they won't at some point feel forced to transfer away from that server, too. You never know.

So those are people you are not gonna get money from for server transfers, but free server transfers would actually make them stay longer and invest more time and more money into the game.

Even something like a package deal, like 50 bucks to transfer as many characters as you want would help.

Letter to Blizzard..

Not on Blizzard forum.

See the problem?
    Not on the Blizzard forum.

Was that it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Because they are making more money of the people who gladly pay for many transfers than the supposed 'potential' money others might spend if they got free transfers.
    Source?

/10chars

Deleted
    Source?

/10chars
    It's a well-founded assumption.
    Blizz doesn't publish those figures.

No, I don't think YOU understand a great many things about this stuff at all.

First off, if your goal is money then it makes sense to charge as much as people are willing to pay. Just because YOU don't want to pay that money doesn't mean that there isn't many who already do and will do so again. Sadly your "200 bucks" is literally spit in the ocean, thus it is not sufficent reason to justify a special discount just for you.

Secondly, if they give you a discount then there is nothing to stop others in similar situations demanding the same. Doing on mass reduces the bottom line and results in a net loss compared to the current system.

Thirdly, at no point are you obligated to pay them at all for anything. That's your choice. And if you don't want to pay for transfers or faction changes then don't. You can go reroll on another server. Or stop playing or whatever.

And you ask for a source? It's quite simple if there was more money in what you are suggesting they'd already be doing it. They don't do this stuff for your benefit, they do it for theirs, they always have and always will. And sorry but imaginery dollars don't buy much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strawman?

I never said my money is special. What does that even mean? It's a matter of getting money or not getting money. Blizzard wants money, right? Well there are a ton of people that have a ton of characters on dead realms, and the more characters we have available to have fun with, the more we play the game, the more we pay for the game. It's not hard to understand.
    You said, and I quote.

So I ask again, Blizzard, do you want my money (or that of whoever pays for my WoW tokens, same thing) or not?
    Which gives the impression that YOUR money SHOULD BE more important than other individuals. Also, if you BOTHERED to read OP he's carrying on about faction changes and race changes... NOT SERVER TRANSFERS. OP appears content with the server they are on.... Or did you not read it that way? Hmm? Perhaps you should start a whine thread and demand free server transfers... it could compliment OPs whining about faction and race changes.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    You said, and I quote.

Which gives the impression that YOUR money SHOULD BE more important than other individuals. Also, if you BOTHERED to read OP he's carrying on about faction changes and race changes... NOT SERVER TRANSFERS. OP appears content with the server they are on.... Or did you not read it that way? Hmm? Perhaps you should start a whine thread and demand free server transfers... it could compliment OPs whining about faction and race changes.
    The OP is about using Blizzard character services with many characters involved (server transfers are included in this type of service).
    Last edited by mmocee9ecebf93; 2016-08-28 at 09:35 AM.

it takes literally 3 hours to go from 1-100 farming invasions

why would you ever character transfer

I'm not gonna dish out 200 bucks to get all my characters on a different server anyway, so either I quit prematurely, because I have less characters to play, or they make server transfers free and get more of my money through subscriptions.

Server transfers are a one time fee, subscriptions are monthly, and will be payed for years.
    Even considering that you would quit, which you probably won't, you are a minority. A tiny one. Usually people play one or two characters which really matter and would need a transfer, not five or ten.

And I'm not the only one in this situation. There are tons of players out there, stranded on dead realms, that have build up their characters over the years and have grown attached to them. They would love to play them all, but can't or don't want to pay all that money. Especially since no one can guarantee them, that they won't at some point feel forced to transfer away from that server, too. You never know.
    There might be "tons" of people that don't like their servers, but they won't quit the game. If this was a problem for Blizzard, they would have changed the prices and/or model for transfers. They have access to "real" data and "real" reasons for why people quit the game, they have a cancellation form (considering people don't lie why they cancel). I'm pretty sure that if "tons" of people would have stated there that they quit because they can't transfer a lot of characters from one server to another because it's too expensive, Blizzard would have done something about it if that is affecting their income.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baladeosso View Post
    The OP is about using Blizzard character services with many characters involved (server transfers are included in this type of service).
    Well, in that case, by all means, buy 10 or 11 and get one free... sounds perfect...

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Business sense and basic understanding of economics.
    Your ass, then.

Business sense and basic understanding of economics and most of all, fucking LOGIC, would tell you that a player that isn't subscribed to the game is not spending any money on the game.

- - - Updated - - -

First off, if your goal is money then it makes sense to charge as much as people are willing to pay.
    And people aren't willing to pay 200 bucks just to play their characters. Grats, genius. You failed to understand this.

dam blizzard locks your account until you give them $200?

thats harsh

10+ Year Old Account
    Your ass, then.

Business sense and basic understanding of economics and most of all, fucking LOGIC, would tell you that a player that isn't subscribed to the game is not spending any money on the game.

- - - Updated - - -

And people aren't willing to pay 200 bucks just to play their characters. Grats, genius. You failed to understand this.
    Blizzard wants money, right?
    Your own words... Now, if Blizzard for one second believed that they could make MORE money by giving FREE transfers, dont you think they'd do that? I am pretty fucking certain that Blizzard has those numbers, and I'm even more doubly certain that you fucking dont. So, ask yourself, Why dont they do it, if as you claim there is so much money in it for them.

Your own words... Now, if Blizzard for one second believed that they could make MORE money by giving FREE transfers, dont you think they'd do that? I am pretty fucking certain that Blizzard has those numbers, and I'm even more doubly certain that you fucking dont. So, ask yourself, Why dont they do it, if as you claim there is so much money in it for them.
    The high cost for transfers has little to do with how much Blizzard wants to profit, and more to do with how they do not want everyone to end up on a few realms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    Even considering that you would quit, which you probably won't
    By quitting I mean cancelling my subscription at least for a while. I'm just coming back from an 11-month break, so why would you ever think I wouldn't do that? The longer my breaks are the less money Blizzard gets from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    you are a minority. A tiny one.
    Bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

real logic
    than a single subscriber.

You talk about "le real logic" and then go on to say how I'm just a single subscriber and I don't matter.

Are you being dense on purpose? Do you really think I'm the only one that has cancelled his sub because he has tons of characters on dead servers? Are you really that naive?

Does it really need to be pointed out that I'm not the only one that would sub for longer if I had access to free server transfers?

Your ass, then.

- - - Updated - - -

No. YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO PAY.

You are not "people", you are a person - a single person.

There are plenty of others who have already paid that and more on these services. Many of these same people will pay that money again to use them again. We know this because that's how markets work. They set prices based on what people will pay. If enough people aren't will to pay then they won't, trigging a price change. I'LL SAY IT AGAIN - THAT'S HOW MARKETS WORK.

Like how the fuck do you not get this?

The high cost for transfers has little to do with how much Blizzard wants to profit, and more to do with how they do not want everyone to end up on a few realms.
    If they were worried about that then they wouldn't do them at all like they used too in the beginning. It was player demand that lead to these services being implemented. It's always been about the money.
    Last edited by skitzin; 2016-08-28 at 02:39 PM.

Deleted
    No. YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO PAY.
    I'm not willing to pay 20 bucks per character for a server transfer, doesn't mean I'm not paying. Jesus, logic is really lost on you.

You are not "people", you are a person - a single person.
    It really isn't that hard to understand is it? That there are other people like me who feel the same way? Is this the mental state of a blizzdrone?