Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axcel View Post
    Hey Guys,

I'm having an extremely tough time deciding if I should return or not for Legion. Blizzard has let me down in the past,
    and I am having trouble deciding if I should dish out the 15$ to renew my membership, and then another 50 for getting
    legion itself.

So I've come here, to seek your advice. Of everything you've seen, beta, live, everything. Do you think Legion is worth
    giving a chance? If so, why? If not, why?

Thanks.
    I will wait until I see good reviews and youtube streamers to assure that I 'll not be disappointed. I 'll not buy in first weeks or maybe in the first month.
    I would do it only if it was for Legacy Servers, because Nostalrius team and Mark Kern gives me more confidence than Blizzard Devs and J. Allen Brack.

Honestly if you quit before, you'll quit again.
    Legion is awesome, but its still World of Warcraft.
    If you arent some one who takes the time to make lasting relationships in this game then you will always find times where there is nothing compelling you to continue playing.

Meanwhile if you make lasting friendships with people who all enjoy playing together, you will stay subbed for 8 years straight through Cataclysm and WoD.

But at face value, this will be the best launch ever so I would recommend it for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by baladeosso View Post
    I will wait until I see good reviews and youtube streamers to assure that I 'll not be disappointed. I 'll not buy in first weeks or maybe in the first month.
    I would do it only if it was for Legacy Servers, because Nostalrius team and Mark Kern gives me more confidence than Blizzard Devs and J. Allen Brack.
    I'll save you some time. You will be disappointed with Legion if you think anything about private servers and fired developers are more stable than Blizzard's current product!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Honestly if you quit before, you'll quit again.
    Legion is awesome, but its still World of Warcraft.
    If you arent some one who takes the time to make lasting relationships in this game then you will always find times where there is nothing compelling you to continue playing.

Meanwhile if you make lasting friendships with people who all enjoy playing together, you will stay subbed for 8 years straight through Cataclysm and WoD.

But at face value, this will be the best launch ever so I would recommend it for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll save you some time. You will be disappointed with Legion if you think anything about private servers and fired developers are more stable than Blizzard's current product!
    Yeah, I will be disappointed for sure if the things are like the following post...

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Now we can finally inspect Quel'Thalas from above. (Looks awful)

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I will be disappointed for sure if the things are like the following post...
    Obvious bug. You're not supposed to be get up there. It's just like Undercity was a giant wall/background and didn't exist on the top level until they rebuilt the entire zone from scratch. Silvermoon is the same way. Lots of fake falls, ceilings, etc. That's why Blizzard hasn't enabled flying in Silvermoon/Ghostlands because it would take a ton of effort to rebuild them for the 10 people who travel through there a month.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    As a beta player I'd say it's definitely worth it as the given content is quite good and way better than WOD (even though that wasn't a hard thing to do).

15+ Year Old Account
    I would've taken Mark Kern as a positive if he hadn't left Blizzard, been handed a few million dollars and couldn't even produce a product after 5 years only to be fired by his board. Using him as an example of being an industry leader of any kind is like saying Jenny McCarthy was right about vaccines.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I'm going to wait 2 months after Legion launches to try it. That way I can lurk on these forums and see if any "Welp, no content, WoD 2.0" appears. :>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I would've taken Mark Kern as a positive if he hadn't left Blizzard, been handed a few million dollars and couldn't even produce a product after 5 years only to be fired by his board. Using him as an example of being an industry leader of any kind is like saying Jenny McCarthy was right about vaccines.
    I need to agree with you in something, but only in this -> "yes, I also prefer to use Jenny McCarthy as an example!"
    Last edited by mmocee9ecebf93; 2016-08-28 at 01:18 AM.

This expansion has great potential and they seem determined to release frequent and significant content. I would definitely buy it if you like WoW.

Hey Guys,

I'm having an extremely tough time deciding if I should return or not for Legion. Blizzard has let me down in the past,
    and I am having trouble deciding if I should dish out the 15$ to renew my membership, and then another 50 for getting
    legion itself.

So I've come here, to seek your advice. Of everything you've seen, beta, live, everything. Do you think Legion is worth

Thanks.
    I've recently returned and I'm glad I did. I quit back in Cata and tried to come back a few times, but this is the first time that's gotten me to stick. I can't say whether you'll have the same experience, but that's mine at least.

Here's the reasons I've returned:
    • Better animations and 'class fantasy' for classes.
    • Level scaling in a lot of areas
    • Instanced gathering nodes
    • Better base UI
    • New DH class is fun
    • Karazhan is returning

And I feel like there's some other reasons, but those are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my eyes, this is the most promising expansion since TBC/WOTLK. It is also the last chance for Blizzard to turn the sinking ship about.

Update:

I bought legion!
    Sorry to hear you got suckered into buying the expansion. This expansion is going to be the worst thing to happen to the game, and that is saying something after the disaster WoD has been.

The development team is more full of clueless and stubborn than it's ever been and is currently delivering what may in fact be WoW's final blow.

Deleted
    Legion has the potential to become the best WoW expansion ever, provided Blizzard now delivers good content patches for it.

Why do people post these kinds of threads?

We cant tell you if you are gonna love or hate an expac all we can tell you is what we think from we have seen or played on beta

Ive played beta and i must say i like how legion is shaping up but what killed WoD was lack of content after 6.0 now blizz has promised us that wont happen again and its up to you if you believe them or not.

Now i can play wow thanks to tokens from now till the end of recorded time so i will be around until they shut off the servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Renamename View Post
    Why do people post these kinds of threads?

We cant tell you if you are gonna love or hate an expac all we can tell you is what we think from we have seen or played on beta
    Some people think they're special snowflakes. They love to get these threads going so they can feel like people are posting directly to them. Makes them feel like Internet celebrities, when they give updates about their current status or thoughts.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    Sorry to hear you got suckered into buying the expansion. This expansion is going to be the worst thing to happen to the game, and that is saying something after the disaster WoD has been.

The development team is more full of clueless and stubborn than it's ever been and is currently delivering what may in fact be WoW's final blow.
    By the sounds of your hate filled post you must not have played in the beta at all.. As Legion, holds the most promise since WoTLK and MoP.. All can say is thank goodness you and people like you are not coming back..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2016-08-28 at 05:48 AM.

Deleted
    Hey Guys,

legion itself.

Thanks.
    Nope, #YouThinkYouDoButYouDont

Yes. Look at a review or guide on any class you played/would be playing. See if it's appealing enough.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

I say return if you think you're prepared. Cause if you're not prepared, well I know a guy who won't like that very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    You shouldn't return, because I want log-in queues to be short.
    yeah dont bother coming back OP, you'll just quit again.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...