Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Can we just all agree that Blizzard is destroying world interaction?

With all the phasing going on. You barely see a small percentage of your server.
    There are like 5 different faces going on Outland realm and everytime it gets to crowded you see half the world fading away around you.
    This is one of those features who will probably hurt more people then actually help.

I don't see point in MMO's having a feature that makes the world less populated.

And no one can convince me why it's better.
    I am playing a MMORPG, i don't want to see 20% of the active players of my server.

Legion is obviously doing quite amazing so far it has shown us. but the new phasing feature, is one of the biggest NO in WoW history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    Can someone explain this new phasing feature?

I'm addicted to world pvp, i want to see everyone who is online

Don't you people ever get tired of being negative? The constant whining is actually crazy, it's always something. Yes maybe Outland will be seeing less people, not even sure that's true. But for lower population realms this is a good change. Your avatar suits you.

No?

Couldnt care less actually, reality is i dont wanna see anyone when i am doing quests cause the chance its some retarded teen that will break my balls with either doing the same quest as me, or some "PvP" hungry retard that will wait till i have pulled 10 mobs to attack me.

Same with alts, since you mentioned Outland, i really dont wanna see anyone when leveling.

This is WoW, a western MMO, the point of its existence is to:

Max level-->Gear up to be able to raid-->Raid to gear up to raid the next patch-->Repeat till gear reset (Expansion).

Anything else is a waste of time in terms of the "genre" of WoW, whether you like it or not its up to you, i am happy you like PvPing, Battle pets or roleplaying but the game doesnt exist for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to find a way to get around this causing problems in RP servers and populated RP zones. Other than that though? Eh... if there's too many people in one area then it's nice that it thins it out so you have a more manageable amount of people. I will be very thankful for it when it comes to Legion levelling experience.

Overcrowding during events and new expansions is the big thing everyone has been whining about since the beginning.

Maybe they should just make it option. A little UI popup like "This zone is overcrowded! Do you want to activate Sharding?"
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post

Max level-->Gear up to be able to raid-->Raid to gear up to raid the next patch-->Repeat till gear reset (Expansion).

Anything else is a waste of time in terms of the "genre" of WoW, whether you like it or not its up to you, i am happy you like PvPing, Battle pets or roleplaying but the game doesnt exist for that.
    Only 30% of the whole community raids.
    Raiding is a dead and outdated concept of oldschool MMO's.

The faster Blizzard realize this the faster we will have a better game. (Legion)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Don't you people ever get tired of being negative? The constant whining is actually crazy, it's always something. Yes maybe Outland will be seeing less people, not even sure that's true. But for lower population realms this is a good change. Your avatar suits you.
    Sorry but this feature has the big rights to be complained at.
    I love to hang in Goldshire, where usually i see over 50 to 100 people hang out, duel, chill, chat. It is like our server hang zone.
    Now there are moments each day. where i am fcking alone in Goldshire. Sorry but if a new player comes online and sees a town, with just him in it. That will scare him away faster then seeing interaction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    They need to find a way to get around this causing problems in RP servers and populated RP zones. Other than that though? Eh... if there's too many people in one area then it's nice that it thins it out so you have a more manageable amount of people. I will be very thankful for it when it comes to Legion levelling experience.

Overcrowding during events and new expansions is the big thing everyone has been whining about since the beginning.

Maybe they should just make it option. A little UI popup like "This zone is overcrowded! Do you want to activate Sharding?"
    This! Phasing and this new shard isnt helping RP

Completely disagree with you. They got rid of garrisons, and if you wanna spend all day in your class hall at least you see other people. Also there is a huge emphasis on world quests. some require grouping, really don't think that you're correct on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beebopcola View Post
    Completely disagree with you. They got rid of garrisons, and if you wanna spend all day in your class hall at least you see other people. Also there is a huge emphasis on world quests. some require grouping, really don't think that you're correct on this one.
    Read the thread first before commenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

The faster Blizzard realize this the faster we will have a better game. (Legion)
    Its irrelevant what the noobs or casuals do, the "genre" of the game is by default this, and it can not be changed because you are butthurt.

WoW exists to gear chase, nothing else.

Its like telling me that Fifa 2016 isnt a football game, that Tomb Raider isnt an Action game and that Dota isnt a MOBA.

i dont even know what id do without raids. find a different game that had them i guess.

- - - Updated - - -

@OP im assuming you're talking about the CRZ? as far as i know crz wont be a thing in the broken isles, like it wasnt a thing on draenor for 99% of the expansion. I don't think they will crz the current content, draenor only got switched at the very end.

i could be wrong, but i hope im not wrong.

Deleted
    Its irrelevant what the noobs or casuals do, the "genre" of the game is by default this, and it can not be changed because you are butthurt.

WoW exists to gear chase, nothing else.

Its like telling me that Fifa 2016 isnt a football game, that Tomb Raider isnt an Action game and that Dota isnt a MOBA.
    MMO's are worlds of endless possibilities. Thinking MMO's are only good for raids is very simple minded.
    It's a shared world with millions of players where we can do anything...the genre is simply not evolving because we are too attached to the oldschool stuff.

The raiding community is a minority. Not saying to remove raids but MMO's need stuff to do outside of them.
    Legion offers some of that but it could be much more. Maybe in the future.

No?

Couldnt care less actually, reality is i dont wanna see anyone when i am doing quests cause the chance its some retarded teen that will break my balls with either doing the same quest as me, or some "PvP" hungry retard that will wait till i have pulled 10 mobs to attack me.

Same with alts, since you mentioned Outland, i really dont wanna see anyone when leveling.

Actually that is not true. I am also more PvE player, but the game does not exist just for raiding... If anyone is playing a game to pvp and gank questing players constantly it definitely is not waste of time for him. People play game from many reasons and saying that other reasons to play the game outside of raiding are stupid is simply stupid

MMO's are worlds of endless possibilities. Thinking MMO's are only good for raids is very simple minded.
    It's a shared world with millions of players where we can do anything...the genre is simply not evolving because we are too attached to the oldschool stuff.
    Again, you didnt read.

It doesnt matter what - you - believe, you can cyber in Goldshire all you want, you can do whatever the hell you want with your game time, the game's existence by default will not change.

It only exists to gear chase, aka raid, get it into your thick skull and might realize what i mean.

I never said MMO's exist to raid, WESTERN MMORPG'S EXIST TO RAID, EASTERN MMORPG'S EXIST TO LEVEL AND BUY COSMETICS.

MMO is just a word used to everything now that has an online feature, it doesnt tell me anything.

Deleted
    New phasing feature? Its been around since Wotlk. It is very important in making the game more immersive. For example you are doing a quest where your character is having a conversation with Khadgar. Instead of seeing 20 players running around you, you are put in a different phase for that 2 minutes the conversation is going on, so the situation feels less dumb. It is also used to make certain areas change depending on your quest progression. Dont make it sound like something new and terrible is going on. Part of the game since 8 years now....

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Actually that is not true. I am also more PvE player, but the game does not exist just for raiding... If anyone is playing a game to pvp and gank questing players constantly it definitely is not waste of time for him. People play game from many reasons and saying that other reasons to play the game outside of raiding are stupid is simply stupid
    You misunderstood as most people do, its irrelevant what you do with your game time, as i said, if you are happy about it, congratulations.

It doesnt matter what you want, or what whoever wants, the main point of the game is the gear chase of it, its simply its basis, its how the game works, i cant explain it better.

Because Sharding the realm helps with the biggest issue at launch or high pop realms in general, LAG.

Or do you want another WoD launch(Garrison instance server crashing was only half of the problem)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicc View Post
    New phasing feature? Its been around since Wotlk. It is very important in making the game more immersive. For example you are doing a quest where your character is having a conversation with Khadgar. Instead of seeing 20 players running around you, you are put in a different phase for that 2 minutes the conversation is going on, so the situation feels less dumb. It is also used to make certain areas change depending on your quest progression. Dont make it sound like something new and terrible is going on. Part of the game since 8 years now....
    It's there since legion pre patch. Once there are to many people in the area your in, lets say 50 people in small area your in. then that will cutt off into 25 people. so you won't have to worry about a to busy zone. So other words a big fck you to socializing. And a small step into the single player mode.

You misunderstood as most people do, its irrelevant what you do with your game time, as i said, if you are happy about it, congratulations.

It doesnt matter what you want, or what whoever wants, the main point of the game is the gear chase of it, its simply its basis, its how the game works, i cant explain it better.
    And the gear chase is no longer dependent on raids.

The game is whatever people do with it and Blizzard designs it for. They may have designed it for just raiders for a long time, but they aren't anymore, and most players don't raid. Deal with it.