Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Only 30% of the whole community raids.
    Raiding is a dead and outdated concept of oldschool MMO's.

The faster Blizzard realize this the faster we will have a better game. (Legion)
    yeah we need more boring unbalanced piece of pvp shit... that would make the game sooooooooooooo much better ^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Again, you didnt read.

It doesnt matter what - you - believe, you can cyber in Goldshire all you want, you can do whatever the hell you want with your game time, the game's existence by default will not change.

It only exists to gear chase, aka raid, get it into your thick skull and might realize what i mean.

I never said MMO's exist to raid, WESTERN MMORPG'S EXIST TO RAID, EASTERN MMORPG'S EXIST TO LEVEL AND BUY COSMETICS.

MMO is just a word used to everything now that has an online feature, it doesnt tell me anything.
    How does a game exist solely for one activity, when most players don't participate in that activity?

No I hate seeing other people and their uncreativity. I want to stab every human paladin in tier 2 I come across. I hate when MY mobs get killed. I hate having to waste my time to corpse camp demon hunters to punish them for being sheep. I'Ve got my guild and they're all I need for social interaction.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    They need to find a way to get around this causing problems in RP servers and populated RP zones. Other than that though? Eh... if there's too many people in one area then it's nice that it thins it out so you have a more manageable amount of people. I will be very thankful for it when it comes to Legion levelling experience.

Overcrowding during events and new expansions is the big thing everyone has been whining about since the beginning.

Maybe they should just make it option. A little UI popup like "This zone is overcrowded! Do you want to activate Sharding?"
    Yeah they should do what GW2 does when there are too many in one area at once..

Deleted
    No?

Couldnt care less actually, reality is i dont wanna see anyone when i am doing quests cause the chance its some retarded teen that will break my balls with either doing the same quest as me, or some "PvP" hungry retard that will wait till i have pulled 10 mobs to attack me.

Same with alts, since you mentioned Outland, i really dont wanna see anyone when leveling.

This is WoW, a western MMO, the point of its existence is to:

Max level-->Gear up to be able to raid-->Raid to gear up to raid the next patch-->Repeat till gear reset (Expansion).

Anything else is a waste of time in terms of the "genre" of WoW, whether you like it or not its up to you, i am happy you like PvPing, Battle pets or roleplaying but the game doesnt exist for that.
    You are trying to say WoW exists for raiding only?
    So why are they even doing expansions, leveling, pet battles, pvp...? If you are right, there would be nothing else except vanilla with hundreds of raid instances added over time.
    It is nice you like raiding, but many people dont, thats why they made world content in Legion. Raid or die just doesnt work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    yeah we need more boring unbalanced piece of pvp shit... that would make the game sooooooooooooo much better ^^^^^^^^
    Whereas every class following a predetermined spec and repeating the same content for months without variation is totally fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    World PvP quests in Legion. I'm hyped for them.

I really hope they don't mess this one up

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    And the gear chase is no longer dependent on raids.

The game is whatever people do with it and Blizzard designs it for. They may have designed it for just raiders for a long time, but they aren't anymore, and most players don't raid. Deal with it.
    Dense..Really really dense.

I cant explain it better, i give up

For most of the time, phasing is just annoying and bad

Deleted
    well i agree with you, this fix for server stability really fucked over world pvp and not to say durotar the most were its usually crowded with people dueling now its bare empty and dead =/

But blizzard seems to do diffrent with RP servers logged onto AD eu last night and there were easy 100+ people in goldshire so maybe blizz could make some zones interact diffrently with the shard techno so we still can have some zones where we see every1 in it

Dense..Really really dense.

I cant explain it better, i give up
    Just repeating yourself over and over and over again isn't "explaining" anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicc View Post
    New phasing feature? Its been around since Wotlk. It is very important in making the game more immersive. For example you are doing a quest where your character is having a conversation with Khadgar. Instead of seeing 20 players running around you, you are put in a different phase for that 2 minutes the conversation is going on, so the situation feels less dumb. It is also used to make certain areas change depending on your quest progression. Dont make it sound like something new and terrible is going on. Part of the game since 8 years now....
    You are confusing quest phasing and zone sharding tech. They have nothing to do with each other.

In Wotlk they introduced a way to tell the story better, most notably Wrathgate, where if you had completed the quest, you saw burnt ground at the stairs. If you hadn't completed it, all you saw was the scourge forces. This is the phasing that you are talking about, it only affects a certain part of a zone.

In WoD launch, Blizz had to create new tech to combat the server issues, and they created a manual way to split the World Server into different shards that each had a certain player cap. This way the game became playable when the server had split the load across multiple instances. Imagine an 8-core CPU, if before WoD you had all players processed on 1 core of the CPU(causing overheating, crashing), now in Legion it splits the load to all 8 cores, making everything smoother.

And now in Legion, that manual way to create a shard is no more. Instead, it's fully automated by the server itself. It creates a shard when it needs to, combines two when those ones are low in population.

Just repeating yourself over and over and over again isn't "explaining" anything.
    Oh i am explaining, you are just too dense.

WoW is a gear chase MMO, what you want to do between patches and with your time, is your god damn problem.

Blizzard doesnt care, they will simply RESET EVERYTHING AND MAKE YOU START THE GEAR CHASE AGAIN, its how WESTERN MMORPG'S WORK.

They could very well put the gear behind many different walls, but they didnt, they put the gear chase behind raiding, if you cant comprehend that, it is your problem.

I agree with the OP. The trashing he is getting over this is ludicrous. I can see some benefits from this -- overcrowded realms have their own problems, especially PvP servers -- but for the most part people decide on this when they pick their server.

Unfortunately, I don't see a simple middle ground, but I can't see why anyone would support underpopulated realms unless, again, they are on a high population PvP realm. And if you are and don't like it... why did you join it in the first place?

At the very least, this 'feature' obviously needs some fine tuning. It's terrible in its current condition.

Deleted
    Pre legion patch alts in pandaria and draenor rarely saw a single soul out in the world unless it was Tanaan or apexis daily.
    Post legion pre patch, I took an alt through pandaria, was amazed how many people I came across, teamed up with some to take down the annoying leveling rares like the one as you enter VOTFW.
    Hit draenor, and constant stream of people doing the leveling zones, if anything the game feels more alive rather than dead.

When players appear and disappear it's like "multiplayer fog".
    You don't know what's around the corner and you cannot rely that what's there will be there and if empty, will stay empty.

In short. Phasing has been a killer to the game immersion: It's bad game design.

WoW is a gear chase MMO, what you want to do between patches and with your time, is your god damn problem.

Blizzard doesnt care, they will simply RESET EVERYTHING AND MAKE YOU START THE GEAR CHASE AGAIN, its how WESTERN MMORPG'S WORK.

They could very well put the gear behind many different walls, but they didnt, they put the gear chase behind raiding, if you cant comprehend that, it is your problem.
    1. The gear chase is no longer raid-based. You can get better gear doing almost any activity in the game in Legion. Are you aware of this?

2. Blizzard has explicitly stated, repeatedly, that they design the game as best they can to accommodate as many playstyles as possible, and do not expect or want every player to raid. Are you aware of this?

Deleted

But the gear chase isn't just behind raiding, it never was... Gear chasing is in PvE and PvP

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    but the gear chase isn't just behind raiding, it never was... Gear chasing is in pve and pvp
    no its only raiding! Y u so dense?

1. The gear chase is no longer raid-based. You can get better gear doing almost any activity in the game in Legion. Are you aware of this?

2. Blizzard has explicitly stated, repeatedly, that they design the game as best they can to accommodate as many playstyles as possible, and do not expect or want every player to raid. Are you aware of this?
    If you really believing what you said in 1, you simply showed me how bad you are at the game, this discussion is over.

Go do your gear chase in "any activity" hint: Set bonuses and trinkets.

And you believe whatever Blizzard says? Adorable.

If you believe Blizzard cares about "PvP" or "roleplay" or anyone, you are beyond delusional.

Their job is to pump out stuff for you to purchase, nothing else, said it 5 times in this thread already, what you want to do in your game time, is irrelevant to anyone and everyone and especially Blizzard, they only care to continue the gear chase, expansions and subs.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-08-28 at 11:52 AM.