Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm not a big fan of knowing some one is somewhere in the game but when I go there I can't see them. Makes things like mob tagging impossible now.
    Also ruined our guild contest.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    None of those quotes say either of these two things:

1. The only person in mythic gear is going to be a mythic raider.

2. The focus of the game is raiding.
    Well, you know some people have this amazing skill of reading between the lines and being able to analyze what's been said. And those are snippets of the topic which was discussed in those interviews, if you want the full interpretation of what was said you should go back and watch the vod on Slootbags stream. In that interview he mentions the core philosophy of WoW and that it's a "progression-based MMO", which in itself is another word for "gear-chase" as some other user used.

The focus of Legion is very much raiding, that doesnt mean that the other content will suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Then it's something wrong with Goldshire, because the intent of the "shard"-tech is to create shards that are never empty. Yes if you're 150 people in one shard they might phase some out to another shard, but you should never be alone, and i don't think you are. Exaggeration perhaps?
    Check out my older threads. there are photos of me standing alone in Goldshire. on the biggest most populated realm of Outland. And no it wasn't empty. My friends was in Goldshire too and we didn't see eachother.

Yes friends from same server have a problem finding eachother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Only 30% of the whole community raids.
    Raiding is a dead and outdated concept of oldschool MMO's.

The faster Blizzard realize this the faster we will have a better game. (Legion)
    What successful western mmo doesn't include raiding? Only one that comes to mind is eve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanous View Post
    What successful western mmo doesn't include raiding? Only one that comes to mind is eve.
    I can't even think of any other successful western mmorpg tbf

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Check out my older threads. there are photos of me standing alone in Goldshire. on the biggest most populated realm of Outland. And no it wasn't empty. My friends was in Goldshire too and we didn't see eachother.

Yes friends from same server have a problem finding eachother.
    As i said, then it's broken. Because the shards are meant to keep the area populated so you don't feel like you're on your own. Considered making a ticket to Blizzard instead of creating topics on MMO-champion for no reason?

Well, you know some people have this amazing skill of reading between the lines and being able to analyze what's been said. And those are snippets of the topic which was discussed in those interviews, if you want the full interpretation of what was said you should go back and watch the vod on Slootbags stream. In that interview he mentions the core philosophy of WoW and that it's a "progression-based MMO", which in itself is another word for "gear-chase" as some other user used.

The focus of Legion is very much raiding, that doesnt mean that the other content will suck.
    Oh, so they meant it, but they never actually said it. You were able to deduce that even though there is literally dozens of hours of examples of Blizzard talking about this expansion, and they never say this thing, it must be true.

You are conflating a lot of things, most importantly "gear chase" and "raiding". You can gear chase without raiding. You are also conflating "Focus of the game" and "fastest potential path to upgrades".

Do you think that since the main progression system in a Final Fantasy game is leveling, that the FOCUS of a Final Fantasy game is grinding levels?

10+ Year Old Account
    As i said, then it's broken. Because the shards are meant to keep the area populated so you don't feel like you're on your own. Considered making a ticket to Blizzard instead of creating topics on MMO-champion for no reason?
    It's their game, i been talking about it for a month now. And since blizzard confirmed being a active MMO-C forum watcher. They probably noticed a long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Satanous View Post
    GW2 added a single raid eventually, but that was actually when the game downturned.

Deleted
    I believe torrents can screw the shard system up

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You misunderstood as most people do, its irrelevant what you do with your game time, as i said, if you are happy about it, congratulations.

It doesnt matter what you want, or what whoever wants, the main point of the game is the gear chase of it, its simply its basis, its how the game works, i cant explain it better.
    And who has ever told you that????????? Blizzard??????? Cuz i have never seen them saying that?????
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Oh, so they meant it, but they never actually said it. You were able to deduce that even though there is literally dozens of hours of examples of Blizzard talking about this expansion, and they never say this thing, it must be true.

You are conflating a lot of things, most importantly "gear chase" and "raiding". You can gear chase without raiding. You are also conflating "Focus of the game" and "fastest potential path to upgrades".
    "The person who does raid finder over the course a patch might end up with a piece of high item level gear, but it is just one piece of gear. No one is going to mistake them for a Mythic raider. For the person that got that amazing drop, that probably made their day." - Casuals might be happy for that piece of gear but it's never going to be a full set of high level gear unless you raid.

Just nope. Also now i'm certain you didn't watch that interview because what i've been saying is based on what WatcherDev said during that stream. You're beyond rescue if you can't analyze messages. Are there "literally dozens of hours of examples of Blizzard talking about this expansion" hahahaha. What? So now you're pulling something out of your ass? Great job man, really convinced here.

- - - Updated - - -

It's their game, i been talking about it for a month now. And since blizzard confirmed being a active MMO-C forum watcher. They probably noticed a long time ago.
    So what? If you actually wanted it solved you could write a ticket and see if it's indeed intended or not? Why whine about it on MMO-Champion hoping they will see when there's a really easy way to do it.

"The person who does raid finder over the course a patch might end up with a piece of high item level gear, but it is just one piece of gear. No one is going to mistake them for a Mythic raider. For the person that got that amazing drop, that probably made their day."

Just nope. Also now i'm certain you didn't watch that interview because what i've been saying is based on what WatcherDev said during that stream. You're beyond rescue if you can't analyze messages. Are there "literally dozens of hours of examples of Blizzard talking about this expansion" hahahaha. What? So now you're pulling something out of your ass? Great job man, really convinced here.
    You don't think there is at least 24 hours of Blizzard speaking publicly about Legion? Really? There was at least six hours of it at Blizzcon alone.

Are you really trying to interpret that quote as saying "Upgrades only come from mythic raiding"? Because that is the only way you can think that that quote somehow goes against what I am saying.

Deleted
    Yeah I don't like it either. The game did just fine without this excessive use of phasing or sharding or w/e they call it now.

It sucks. I wanna see EVERYBODY.

You don't think there is at least 24 hours of Blizzard speaking publicly about Legion? Really? There was at least six hours of it at Blizzcon alone.

Are you really trying to interpret that quote as saying "Upgrades only come from mythic raiding"? Because that is the only way you can think that that quote somehow goes against what I am saying.
    So you want me to provide evidence of them talking about it being a progression-based MMO but you can just say "they have talked about the game" and that's it? Get out of here man.

In a progression-based MMO the main goal is to get as good gear (progression) as possible. To be able to do that you have to raid at the highest level. Yes that's exactly what i'm saying, if you're too thick to understand that's not my problem, really.

Sorry but this feature has the big rights to be complained at.
    I love to hang in Goldshire, where usually i see over 50 to 100 people hang out, duel, chill, chat. It is like our server hang zone.
    Now there are moments each day. where i am fcking alone in Goldshire. Sorry but if a new player comes online and sees a town, with just him in it. That will scare him away faster then seeing interaction.
    Really? I think I play a completely different game, then. WoW, to me, is the process of levelling through a series of guided, structured goals (quests) and once at max level, gearing up and practicing to tackle the most difficult team challenges with my friends. Nothing else matters in this game, to me.

I don't think I've even set foot in goldshire since I got my last alliance character past 10. So, to me, this feature is AMAZING. Screw the crowding of important events. I want to have a good time questing, not feel like i'm a south-american prison.

But then again, I don't care for PvP at all. So maybe that's just me. Maybe this feature should be optional for pvp servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Yeah I don't like it either. The game did just fine without this excessive use of phasing or sharding or w/e they call it now.

It sucks. I wanna see EVERYBODY.

Problem is, when you're on a low populated realm that will sometimes literally be 0 people. The shards are there for low-pop realms, not the Outlands/Ravencrests/Kazzaks.

So you want me to provide evidence of them talking about it being a progression-based MMO but you can just say "they have talked about the game" and that's it? Get out of here man.
    I never said it wasn't a progression based MMO. I said the focus of the game is not exclusively raiding, and I said you can gear chase without raiding, meaning you can get upgrades without raiding. I never said it was as fast as mythic raiding. I never said you will eventually have full mythic raid gear before the next patch.

Maybe your whole "read between the lines" comment was more telling than it seemed. How about you stop reading between the lines and just respond what I am actually saying, instead of just making up a bunch of horseshit I never said?

Deleted
    Can't believe how many responses I'm reading from people that don't like having other players around and would prefer being entirely alone. Why don't you all just play single player games, then? Did you forget what the "MM" in "MMO" stands for?

It's a good idea to temporarily use phasing tech where traffic is abnormally high (such as launch day in the start zone). Other than that there is no need for it. It creates weird and annoying situations where you're standing next to your friend but can't see them because of phasing. Or the "LFD" problem of seeing random strangers all the time rather than recognisable names at your favourite hang spots. It's dumb.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-08-28 at 12:36 PM.

Deleted
    Problem is, when you're on a low populated realm that will sometimes literally be 0 people. The shards are there for low-pop realms, not the Outlands/Ravencrests/Kazzaks.
    Then only do it for low pop realms!