Maintaining relevance of crafted items

Okay, forget the recurring question of what's more profitable. The important question for me is whether the gear will stay relevant throughout the expansion. I liked the 3 max crafted items in Warlords, with the ability to continue upgrading them with crystals and essences to stay relevant with the raid tier.

But with obliterum, it doesn't seem nearly as viable with a max of 850, while heroic raid gear is reportedly 865. Will they continue to increase this cap?

Think we'll have to see. However they have pushed the "lots of work has been put into professions this time" "We have a dedicated profession team" etc. I'd like to believe they intend to raise the cap to around 860 to keep professions relevant. Otherwise they will start becoming redundant three weeks into the expansion once more and more none raiders (as raiders probably won't require the gear for obvious reasons) gear up from mythic+ dungeons. I pray they don't pull a 'Billy wants two gathering professions and doesn't want to feel forced to pick up a crafting profession so we wont increase beyond 850 until 7.2'

So after those ramblings...

Want to say: Yes they will increase it when raids are released to at-least 855 and maybe even 860

Inclined to say: Don't hold your breath

IIRC its 850 Launch and 875 when NightHold opens up

Quote Originally Posted by deeshoo View Post
    Okay, forget the recurring question of what's more profitable. The important question for me is whether the gear will stay relevant throughout the expansion. I liked the 3 max crafted items in Warlords, with the ability to continue upgrading them with crystals and essences to stay relevant with the raid tier.

But with obliterum, it doesn't seem nearly as viable with a max of 850, while heroic raid gear is reportedly 865. Will they continue to increase this cap?
    It would appear that all crafted items, with the exception of trinkets perhaps, are completely irrelevant in Legion. It will take far too long to upgrade them to anything worthwhile, and by then you will have raid/mythic+ gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    From what I gathered they did a lot for professions, but then also mention that Crafted Gear is not something to keep current. I kind of agree with it. Because otherwise you could go solo and get the best gear out there. Unless there is someway to gather crafting materials from the raid dungeons, specifically from the bosses themselves then it would make sense for them to be able to grant raid equivalent gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rale89 View Post
    Got a source?
    They talked about it in the Crafting stream a while ago, but early on in Beta crafted able to go up to 875. They plan to keep crafting relevant thru out the xpac like with WoD which is why we can upgrade with Obliterium and the whole thing with the Oblit forge in Dalaran.

Last i checked normal mode EN drops 850 ilvl, this opens up few weeks after launch and 850 is also the limit with high end crafted gear. Also Normal NH loot is 875 iirc, and with crafting going up to 875 early on along with their comments about keeping it relevant then its safe to assume that when NH opens up we can upgrade the loot to 875 then.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    From what I gathered they did a lot for professions, but then also mention that Crafted Gear is not something to keep current. I kind of agree with it. Because otherwise you could go solo and get the best gear out there. Unless there is someway to gather crafting materials from the raid dungeons, specifically from the bosses themselves then it would make sense for them to be able to grant raid equivalent gear.
    It would take massive amount of time, effort, and gold. Yeah you can make your own gear, but the mats could be sold on AH so that is a gold cost in a way. With Mythic and Mythic+ along with the WF/TF system there are plenty of ways to get gear. Anyways the best gear out there is Teir sets and that only comes from raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It would appear that all crafted items, with the exception of trinkets perhaps, are completely irrelevant in Legion. It will take far too long to upgrade them to anything worthwhile, and by then you will have raid/mythic+ gear.
    That is why i plan to focus on Belt, Bracers, and Boots for my main crafting slots because those are non-Teir slots and with time i can have perfectly itemized items in all 3 slots.

Well, gear is one thing, but vantus runes, tomes and codices, flasks and potions, gems and enchants, will of course be relevant for the whole of the expansion.

i.e. get alchemy + inscription/jewelcrafting and you are golden

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Well, gear is one thing, but vantus runes, tomes and codices, flasks and potions, gems and enchants, will of course be relevant for the whole of the expansion.

i.e. get alchemy + inscription/jewelcrafting and you are golden
    Don't forget the Engineering Autoress Wipe Pillars