Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just register... end of wedding expenses.

Intelligent couples elope and just have a reception down the road for a paltry sum. Why waste that money or get in debt for a single day that's just for show? A real woman would prefer that money go to buying a house, building a future together; rather than wasting nearly 100k on a fancy party for her and the families. I wouldn't marry a girl who's too selfish not to elope and do it right, no sane human being would pay for a wedding that cost more than 10k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Intelligent couples elope and just have a reception down the road for a paltry sum. Why waste that money or get in debt for a single day that's just for show? A real woman would prefer that money go to buying a house, building a future together; rather than wasting nearly 100k on a fancy party for her and the families. I wouldn't marry a girl who's too selfish not to elope and do it right, no sane human being would pay for a wedding that cost more than 10k.
    because some people are stupid enough to put appearances before everything else.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so your saying the only thing women care about is money? then don't marry gold diggers.
    Did I mention women?

Couples often spend money as a subconscious means of covering a poor match. Both parties are complicit in that. You must have known a couple like that....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Girrag View Post
    Dont' invite 150 friends and everything will be OK. We have had only 15 guests and that was nice.
    In Romania a 150 people wedding is a small one. But the costs are less, I would say maybe 10-30k euro/usd per wedding and you make that money back since people here give you money. It's like 2x the cost per person you get back via wedding money gift. Dunno why in US/Canada is different and why people there choose to buy useless stuff instead of giving money.

Basicly you get put a downpayment on an apartment, car or go to an exotic honeymoon + have some money left after the wedding. Each couple chooses what they want.

A lot of Mexican Americans will have their weddings in Mexico, usually in a Mexican city near the border. It's much, much Cheaper. No reason gringos can't do it other than there might be a language barrier.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Knew it was you tennisface
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

I just went to a beautiful wedding. Country setting, by a river with over 150 people and the food was good. Was only 12k. Why do people have to spend 10x that to have a good wedding again?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    A lot of Mexican Americans will have their weddings in Mexico, usually in a Mexican city near the border. It's much, much Cheaper. No reason gringos can't do it other than there might be a language barrier.
    Just hope the guests don't get robbed and executed by masked banditos from the local cartel. I am sure the police will help.... oh wait, they are either: on the take from the cartel or afraid of the cartel......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I just went to a beautiful wedding. Country setting, by a river with over 150 people and the food was good. Was only 12k. Why do people have to spend 10x that to have a good wedding again?
    Prob because they all want the same locations, same catering, same photographer, etc because "that's the best, you want the best". So like any business they raise the prices because they have customers willing to pay that much.

Well, it was Canadian dollars so

Ordained Minister here...ill do the paper signing for free, you pay for the legal stuff.

If you have money to burn, weddings are ok in my head, just a massive party.

If you do not...take the money, put it on a house.
    End the cycle of stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Prob because they all want the same locations, same catering, same photographer, etc because "that's the best, you want the best". So like any business they raise the prices because they have customers willing to pay that much.
    If it is your "special day," why would you want the same as other people? You want your "special day" not a similar version of someone else's "special day."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    Ordained Minister here...ill do the paper signing for free, you pay for the legal stuff.

If you have money to burn, weddings are ok in my head, just a massive party.

If you do not...take the money, put it on a house.
    End the cycle of stupid.
    If you have a good family/ friends, you will probably make money on the wedding (as long as you don't overspend on the wedding).

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    They cost as much as you are willing to spend. they can cost nothing too.
    Basically this. Too many lemmings out there. Do what you want to do for your wedding. Spend what you want to spend. If your friends aren't impressed get new ones. If your family is not impressed, who cares, they still have to be your family anyway.

Otherwise, if your Fiancé wants to pretend she's a princess for a day and throw a royal banquet for hundreds of people to fawn over her, I suppose 100G would follow.

- - - Updated - - -

If it is your "special day," why would you want the same as other people? You want your "special day" not a similar version of someone else's "special day."
    Same reason nonconformist goths conform to the exact same standard/style as every other goth. They are uniquely different, exactly like every other goth.

If you have a good family/ friends, you will probably make money on the wedding (as long as you don't overspend on the wedding).
    In China, people who attend the wedding have to give gift or even cash.
    The gift is very expensive, so many people don't attend the wedding.

I always thought western culture is different, more realistic.
    You never know.

Even if I could afford to spend £2000 on a cake, I still wouldn't spend £2000 on a goddam cake.

This is part of why I hate weddings, it's just an overly expensive party because two people put small metal hoops on their fingers.

I'd rather just get hitched at a Pizza Hut and spend $2000 max, and that's just on the food I'll eat.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    In China, people who attend the wedding have to give gift or even cash.
    The gift is very expensive, so many people don't attend the wedding.

I always thought western culture is different, more realistic.
    You never know.
    In western culture the gift should be worth more than the money the hosts put out to feed you. So if the wedding is 30/head and you have a family of four: your family's gift should be more than 120$, I would say at least 200$. I typically give at least double (depends on how close the host is to me) the estimated cost for each head in my family (we have four). I also always give cash, for any occasion. I figure it is better than a blender, it saves me time and as we all know "time is money, my friends......."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    This is part of why I hate weddings, it's just an overly expensive party because two people put small metal hoops on their fingers.

I'd rather just get hitched at a Pizza Hut and spend $2000 max, and that's just on the food I'll eat.
    I would go to that pizza hut wedding (as long as they had the checkered tablecloths and the red sort of transparent glasses) and I would eat my fair share, but my gift will compensate for the damages....

My wedding costed around $3k. My wife was mad that I spent too much lol

She has the right priorities! We have a 20-30% down payment saved for a house and are currently shopping for the perfect one.

10+ Year Old Account
    100k would keep me fed for rest of my life. If I ever find a man who wants to marry me, wedding would be pretty much just a small party for both families at some rented cottage in Finnish forest. All it needs is some good local food, sauna and lake + both families ofc.

Wedding cost what you pay for them. Mine was less than a year ago and was nowhere NEAR 100k. They are expensive (but so would be taking 200 people out to dinner to Chilis with unlimited alcohol).

Now that marriage means about nothing ... and media/secularism has made weddings more exciting than everything that comes after it... why not spend thousands on a big part! Just less money to split in the divorce 2-3 years later.