Deleted

overclocking gpu

back with my old Graphic card (a Hd6670) i could overclock the card with Radeon's CCC. Overdrive it was called i think. Is this also possible with Nvidia? (Gtx 750ti) Is this actually harmful?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just download MSI Afterburner and overclock using that.

It's relevantly safe especially if you don't mess with the voltage at all. Turn up the max power limit/temp and adjust the clock speeds until you can't go any higher without becoming unstable. If you want to turn the voltage up a bit you could. Software usually limits the amount you can turn it up anyways. Just be mindful of temps to avoid throttling (not that it should be an issue on the 750ti).
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    So basicly just increase core and memory speed, a bit at a time. When is it becoming unstable? What should be the max temp on the card?

Is there any set value i can put them on?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what is the best tool to stress test gpu? I heard of 2 programs, Furmark and Heaven
    Last edited by mmoce38467a1b7; 2016-08-28 at 10:00 AM.

Think Nvidia drivers see when you run furmark and will not go all out after the card reaches a certain temp so not sure it will do the job accurately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Think Nvidia drivers see when you run furmark and will not go all out after the card reaches a certain temp so not sure it will do the job accurately.
    How about heaven? or other alternatives

- - - Updated - - -

Reason why im considering OCing is, when doing invasions, i feel like my GPU isn't up for the job. My fps drops from 80 ish to 30-40.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    Reason why im considering OCing is, when doing invasions, i feel like my GPU isn't up for the job. My fps drops from 80 ish to 30-40.
    Perfectly normal, OCing wont improve that anyway.

When it comes to busy places with lots of people fighting the game gets bottlenecked by the cpu not the gpu, thus the only real way to gain performance in such situations would be to overclock the cpu however you will never achieve perfect 60+ fps when so much is happening at once

Deleted
    How about heaven? or other alternatives

- - - Updated - - -

You could overclock your GPU and you would maybe see a 2% fps increase max. It's all about CPU and even then it will get taxed hard when theres a lot going on

in the words of like every gpu overclocker, please do not run furmark. at best you'll find out what temperature your gpu hits when it is doing something your gpu will never, ever, ever get anywhere near during any real usage. and at worst it will literally kill your card.

unigine heaven is fine for a quick test of OC stability / heat. but honestly the very best stability test is just using your pc and playing games you usually play. as long as it is stable enough to do that, it does not need to get 10000 points and hit 150 degrees in 2 minutes of furmark~

and as said above, this is almost certainly your cpu. invasions have a lot of people and a lot of stuff going on. as long as you're fps is fine in lfr/battlegrounds/whatever content you focus on, don't worry too much. 30-40 is still pretty good if your invasions are very busy
    Last edited by the boar; 2016-08-28 at 05:31 PM.