Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meridas View Post
    I'm not willing to pay 20 bucks per character for a server transfer, doesn't mean I'm not paying.
    So. You do things you aren't willing to do. How does that feel?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    So. You do things you aren't willing to do. How does that feel?
    What? What do you mean I do things I'm not willing to do?

I just said I don't pay for character transfers, but that doesn't mean I'm not a paying customer. You know, buying gametime and expansions. The only things we actually should have to pay for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah I thought you are paying for server transfers despite not willing to pay

Anyhow, you are 100% wrong. People already explained the (very basic) economics of these services. Rage as much as you want, things will not change.

7+ Year Old Account
    Strawman?

I never said my money is special. What does that even mean? It's a matter of getting money or not getting money. Blizzard wants money, right? Well there are a ton of people that have a ton of characters on dead realms, and the more characters we have available to have fun with, the more we play the game, the more we pay for the game. It's not hard to understand.
    actuallty incorrect, we are costing them money the more we play, if we are subbed but play 10 monutes a day, they make more money off us, then somone who plays 8 hours a day, cause they are paying for the server space and bandwidth, so no they want subs, not players, we do not pay more, the more we play, blizzard pays more the more we play, somone who plays 24 hours a day for a whole month, pays the god danm same, as someone who is subbed but never plays cause "eh i may play at some point"

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not willing to pay 20 bucks per character for a server transfer, doesn't mean I'm not paying. Jesus, logic is really lost on you.

It really isn't that hard to understand is it? That there are other people like me who feel the same way? Is this the mental state of a blizzdrone?
    can you find those people? please bring those people here, all those people who have the EXACT same mindset for you, as anyone can "speak for we" without having a "we"

you are not royalty, so unless you have other people litterally with you and they agree with you right now, there is no "royal we"
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Your own words... Now, if Blizzard for one second believed that they could make MORE money by giving FREE transfers, dont you think they'd do that? I am pretty fucking certain that Blizzard has those numbers, and I'm even more doubly certain that you fucking dont. So, ask yourself, Why dont they do it, if as you claim there is so much money in it for them.
    How many times, we must say that we are not asking for free services? Can't you understand that a set of services may have some market if they are available at a reasonable price?

Bullshit.
    Great argument. But the FACT that Blizzard keeps the prices and enjoys the tons of cash flowing in is pretty much saying otherwise. The transfer prices have little or no effects in the lost subscriptions matter...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    The high cost for transfers has little to do with how much Blizzard wants to profit, and more to do with how they do not want everyone to end up on a few realms.
    Yes, they may have a problem with that, because in some cases Blizzard may not have the infrastructure ready, but it is well settled if they do the process with periodic waves that handle a maximum number of operations and when players ask for the service, they must be registered in a queue, so that comes their turn.

But another problem is the wow economy. If they released this kind of packages, probably many players would return to the game with all characters and that could result in an increase the amount of items/gold available in the game. For sometime the auction house would suffer the impact, but only to be adjust to the new reality.

Do you think that Blizzard has any problem about "many players return"? I don't think so...
    (I say this, because if your friends leave the game and you have many characters to play, you still have many things to do in wow... and leveling again is borring)

Last edited by mmocee9ecebf93; 2016-08-28 at 05:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People still have a "need" for server/race/faction change? Really?

It's never been more trivial to get any toon to max level in no time at all.
    And even the matter of character's gold etc. is more than easy to solve with perfectly legal methods of wealth transfer.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baladeosso View Post
    How many times, we must say that we are not asking for free services? Can't you understand that a set of services may have some market if they are available at a reasonable price?
    What exactly are you asking for in your OP then? Hmm? Either you are lying now, or you lied in your OP. Which is it?

Reasonable you say? Blizzard believes their prices to be reasonable, as well as many others.

I understand a great many things, including that you've been asked numerous questions numerous times and you cant be bothered to answer them.

Why exactly should Blizzard lower their prices for their services?

By your own admission you aren't a current subscriber, why in the FUCK should Blizzard give you anything for free, or even at a reduced price?
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2016-08-28 at 05:09 PM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Server transfers should be free to stop players being ripped off by Blizzard. If there's not enough players on your realm then your not getting the MMO you paid for.

15+ Year Old Account
    First, you must learn what the word "Algorithm" means, then I will explain how you are wrong.
    Before the addon was hidden behind the scenes you would stand there and watch it start doing a /who 1-60. When results were over 100 it would then do /who 1-60 orc. Then /who 1-60 tauren. If results were over 100 it would do individual zones until all results were returned. Rinse, repeat until all the zones were completed. There is also a /who delay which is why the addon takes a while to complete.

A piece of code is an algorithm. They mean the same thing. But it's not complex at all. It could done in basic with if/then statements.

- - - Updated - - -

But another problem is the wow economy. If they released this kind of packages, probably many players would return to the game with all characters and that could result in an increase the amount of items/gold available in the game. For sometime the auction house would suffer the impact, but only to be adjust to the new reality.

Or the gold farmers would have instant access to move gold between servers. Not to mention it would make the accounts they compromise a nightmare because they would transfer all over, free of charge.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    What exactly are you asking for in your OP then? Hmm? Either you are lying now, or you lied in your OP. Which is it?
    If you read the OP again, you will notice that I never used the word "free"! I think you misunderstood something.

What I was proposing is a package of services (with N character changes included) and you would pay for that package. Some other person have said, that Blizzard should only sell a day of character changes (even if i agree and think that is even better, this wasn't my proposal).

So, if someone is lying here, is not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Before the addon was hidden behind the scenes you would stand there and watch it start doing a /who 1-60. When results were over 100 it would then do /who 1-60 orc. Then /who 1-60 tauren. If results were over 100 it would do individual zones until all results were returned. Rinse, repeat until all the zones were completed. There is also a /who delay which is why the addon takes a while to complete.

A piece of code is an algorithm. They mean the same thing. But it's not complex at all. It could done in basic with if/then statements.
    "Alice in Wonderland" believed that everything was true. That's why her world is a infinite loop that never change! She can make fantasies of being forever a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Or the gold farmers would have instant access to move gold between servers. Not to mention it would make the accounts they compromise a nightmare because they would transfer all over, free of charge.
    You have your response in my last comments about... as you say "free of charge".
    Last edited by mmocee9ecebf93; 2016-08-28 at 08:33 PM.

Deleted

leveling again is borring)
    That would be the thing that wins over people to come back? Really?

Leveling again is boring? Pay up then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yeah, well, read those infamous 'EULA' and 'Terms of Services'. You'll find out that your character does not belong to you, therefore it's not yours to change its characteristics at any time you wish. It belongs to Blizzard, and you'll alter it only as many times and how much Blizzard allows you to. You don't accept that? Well, tough.
    I love you, not in a creepy way.

I love parrots, because they repeat everything that has already been read in this forum!
    Maybe, just maybe, if you get the same response multiple times, there might actually be a reason behind it?

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    All I saw was the word 'need', then I stopped reading.

you don't need any of that.
    Exactly.

Granted, the Blizzard charges of service look quite high but they also stop everyone and their mother realm/faction transferring willy nilly.

Like you said, no one needs these services.

Best of luck though OP, I appreciate the costs are high -but try and rethink if it's really worth it; if it is, then go for it, if not then make the best of where you are now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillor View Post
    Leveling again is boring? Pay up then?
    Why to pay, if I can just stay unsub?
    Now I see... I don't "WANT" to play the game! Blizzard didn't have Legacy Realms available yet.
    (Did I miss something? Oh, I did a mistake, I should say "NEED")
    LOL
    Last edited by mmocee9ecebf93; 2016-08-29 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    All I saw was the word 'need', then I stopped reading.

you don't need any of that.
    Agreed!

OP
    No, you do not need any of it.
    You are not even Subbed at the moment...why would they listen?
    You really should check the sense of entitlement you have AND the real meaning of NEED.
    I read Your post, I think you are whining and wanting free stuff because "Blizzard owes you" for ...having an account ,that is not currently active,for a "long time".
    No, they really don't.

You are looking for something free and trying to justify it with the 5 year account thing...to fit your sense of entitlement.

Nonsense.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your ass, then.

Business sense and basic understanding of economics and most of all, fucking LOGIC, would tell you that a player that isn't subscribed to the game is not spending any money on the game.

They only need to sell ~6 transfers to cover your lost sub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    They only need to sell ~6 transfers to cover your lost sub.
    They can will be that lucrative with some ass holes, not with me!

1) I think you have confused the words 'need' and 'want'... you dont NEED anything... you WANT something.

2) how would you 'lose' your achievements? if its still the SAME battle.net account, then you lose nothing.

3) You've admitted that you aren't currently subscribed, why should Blizzard GIVE you any discounts for their services?
    This.

Can't cough up the cash? Reroll, achievements and mounts and all that shit = account-wide now with very few exceptions.

Seconded

Almost all my main characters are on a PvP server where the Alliance side is dead. We're talking 99.99% Horde here and almost no Alliance. It has been so much of a pain when I last played in WoD that it made me quit the game. I'm not gonna dish out 200 bucks to transfer 10 characters away from there. I started a Demon Hunter on a new realm, and I'm gonna play in Legion, but whether I'll be able to play all of my characters or not will be a deciding factor in how long I will stay subbed.

Do you want my money or not?
    this is why they give you free level 100 boost - choose 1 new main and level all alts from scratch

- - - Updated - - -

They can will be that lucrative with some ass holes, not with me!
    go to work - you should easily make 20 $ in 1 hour if you are educated and good at what you do. problem solved. its not their fault if you are stuck at burger fliping type job when 40 +