Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Mastery rating != Mastery points. At 100, the conversion rate is 110 rating per point of Mastery. This is the part that is identical for all specs of all classes.

You're actually missing a conversion step. Rating gets converted to Mastery, which then gets converted to a percentage depending on spec.

Guardian gets 0.5% health and healing received per point of Mastery. Balance gets 2% bonus per point of Mastery.
    Ok, now I'm getting it. Now it fonally makes sense Still think they should add the actual point conversion somewhere on the tooltip though.

How the conversion works is nice and all, but we're still getting the same amount of health/healing and AP, and its not just a display glitch in the tooltip either, you can easily test by changing gear or using a mastery proc. What the tooltip shows is the amount we get in Attack Power right now.

My understanding was that we should now be getting 0.5% health/healing and 1% AP, so twice as much AP as health/healing.

So either the hotfix didn't take, or i'm not sure whats going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    How the conversion works is nice and all, but we're still getting the same amount of health/healing and AP, and its not just a display glitch in the tooltip either, you can easily test by changing gear or using a mastery proc. What the tooltip shows is the amount we get in Attack Power right now.

My understanding was that we should now be getting 0.5% health/healing and 1% AP, so twice as much AP as health/healing.

They've been posting hotfixes 24 hours before they go live recently. In the idea of transparancy. There'll probably be a post in the next day or so saying the hotfix is live.

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    They've been posting hotfixes 24 hours before they go live recently. In the idea of transparancy. There'll probably be a post in the next day or so saying the hotfix is live.
    That'd be great, the silence is making me think whatever they did is all we get

which isn't much

Ok, now I'm getting it. Now it fonally makes sense Still think they should add the actual point conversion somewhere on the tooltip though.
    It was there in Cataclysm. No idea why they removed it.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It was there in Cataclysm. No idea why they removed it.
    Cataclysm was my big time off of wow, maybe that's why I didn't get what you meant

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Been checking on several of the other changes from the so-called August 26th hotfix, and so far none of the ones I've checked on are implemented. It's as if they posted this list of hotfix notes several days early. Before we accuse the developers of messing up our attack power fix, we should probably wait for the hotfix to be implemented...

I suppose its possible, its been the weekend and they probably wanted everyone to get a nice bit of rest before release week, and they might implement those on monday then.

4/5 items on the tier have crit . Yippie

- - - Updated - - -

Using one stack of our AM only gives us about 15% DR though. Where a pallies gives 50.
    For me atm:
    1st stack = 17% DR
    2nd stack = 8% DR
    3d stack = 4% DR

So yes, we have highest EH. We have more passive stuff. But I'm scared on boss fights like Cenarius where he does a 6 mill hit, and the more you mitigate the smaller the puddle on the floor is. I can easily see warriors and pallies being OP there.
    That is not how armor DR works. Each point of armor still gives the same amount of absolute TTL (and usefulness) per point, regardless of how much of the stat you have.

To further illustrate that point, look at the sheet below.

Let's call armor damage reduction "ADR". That is, at 6000 armor, you're granted 44.8% reduction=ADR.

Each additional stack of ironfur is like another huge DR being layered onto you. If Ironfur instead gave you a buff that just gave flat DR, the first buff would be equal to ADR, the second would be about 70% of ADR, and the third would be just over 50% of ADR. In concrete terms, as shown on the sheet, this is equal to 44.7% DR, then a 30.9% DR, then a 23.6% DR, all being on you simultaneously.

Just as a point of curiosity, those ratios incrase as your base armor does as well. So for a druid with 10k base armor, the ratios are in fact 100%/63%/46.5%. Druids scale EXTREMELY well with item level.

Every tank is capable of being put in these terms to look very good, my point isn't that bears are overpowered (though I think the nerfs have been utterly overblown), just that the mathematics do not work as you keep asserting they do, and Ironfur is arguably one of the stronger DRs vs. physical damage.

Additionally... Pallies won't have 50% reduction from SotR for a long time. At almost 860 ilvl on beta my pally alt has ~25% mastery, which is only 41% reduction, and that's with the artifact trait already applied and fairly poor itemization (IE. More mastery than it should have). It's unlikely paladins gearing haste will hit 50% mastery in the first tier, so using that number as a baseline for comparison is ridiculous.

Also, comparing two abilities in a vacuum is ridiculous and sets up an environment for hyperbole and misinformation. Paladins have very low HP relative to bears, and therefore must have other factors to make up for it, hence their single AM button grants them both armor and magic reduction.
    Last edited by Veyloris; 2016-08-28 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Been checking on several of the other changes from the so-called August 26th hotfix, and so far none of the ones I've checked on are implemented. It's as if they posted this list of hotfix notes several days early. Before we accuse the developers of messing up our attack power fix, we should probably wait for the hotfix to be implemented...

Actually the Nerf to Mastery HP/+Healing reduction has been on live for a while now for US at least, our AP is still messed up and only giving half the amount it should according to the Hotfix's. They changed mastery to be .5% Max HP/Heal and 1% AP per actual 1% mastery . You will know when this is live when you see your mastery read Increase Health and Healing by X% and AP by Y%, Y% will be double X% value IE: +8% Health/Healing and +16%

The reason why it's not working yet as well some of the other fixes could be because they need a server restart to work which they haven't done yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, since we have an actual guide for Guardian now we are going to transfer this discussion to the guide, so all the discussion is in 1 place.

Continue Discussion over here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Guide-by-Pumps

CLOSED.