Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    You misunderstood as most people do, its irrelevant what you do with your game time, as i said, if you are happy about it, congratulations.

It doesnt matter what you want, or what whoever wants, the main point of the game is the gear chase of it, its simply its basis, its how the game works, i cant explain it better.
    That is not true, some people I know play and dont care abou the gear at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    With all the phasing going on. You barely see a small percentage of your server.
    There are like 5 different faces going on Outland realm and everytime it gets to crowded you see half the world fading away around you.
    This is one of those features who will probably hurt more people then actually help.

I don't see point in MMO's having a feature that makes the world less populated.

And no one can convince me why it's better.
    I am playing a MMORPG, i don't want to see 20% of the active players of my server.

Legion is obviously doing quite amazing so far it has shown us. but the new phasing feature, is one of the biggest NO in WoW history.
    I won't agree with anyone who can't give me a well-constructed argument to convince me. All I see is a child crying.

I dont care if I see people from other servers on sw but its just a fake way you make the world look populated.

The things I have problems with are the phasing. If someone is on my server I should expect to be able to see them. Yesterday while I was posting auctions someone on my server called out an infiltrator. When I went to the location no one but one person and was there. A guildy was there though and when they tried to invite me it said player not found.

The other thing is someone asked me to open a lock box. I agreed to it and when we tried to do it we couldn't because we were on different servers. What's the point of seeing each other and you can't actually interact?
    Last edited by Dopplegager; 2016-08-28 at 04:04 PM.
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Only 30% of the whole community raids.
    Raiding is a dead and outdated concept of oldschool MMO's.

The faster Blizzard realize this the faster we will have a better game. (Legion)
    30% means that participation is raids is a lot higher now compared to back in Vanilla and TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    That is not true, some people I know play and dont care abou the gear at all.
    And I am one. People who play WoW to gear up in 2016 is.....well, lets me put it nicely, wasting there time.

Gear has no pride, prestigues and point any longer. Catch up mechanics every 3-6 months render all your work useless and so on.

I get gear just to be able to farm fast, thats it.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the comments here are also confusing cross-realm with phasing. But in the case of both the reasons and areas they are implemented in are for good reason.

As wow's playerbase has declined most people don't want to play in a game that feels like no one is around or that there are 2 people in SW or Org. That's not terribly fun. So that's where cross-realm comes in to add more people in an area, even if it occasionally means some minor side-effects like someone calling out a dreadlord when they are actually on a different realm. Those things are pretty rare though and not a huge deal.

Likewise, in some questing areas and with the invasions you wouldn't want 5000 players in the same area. You'll see that especially Tuesday when in the starting areas for each zone without phasing everyone would be standing around waiting for respawn timers for quest mobs (even with the new tagging system). I've been through that and it's not fun either.

As far as world pvp and pvp in general, I think Blizz already had it bumped down the priority list. World flying mostly killed it, and the debacle that was Ashran and backlash from it being awful just pushed it down the list even further. Wow arena just kind of preaked in about 2012 and fizzled in terms of competitive esports. As Blizz realized that it wasn't going to be a big success in esports like SC2, HS and maybe Overwatch they just haven't made it nearly as much of a focus. The only thing pvp-related added in Legion is the Dalaran sewers and at least on beta I never saw 1 player attack another one while I was down there. I'm sure it will happen sometimes on live, but the feeling I got was that it won't happen very often or that it will be a hotbed of pvp activity.
    Last edited by Auxora; 2016-08-28 at 04:01 PM.

Sorry but this feature has the big rights to be complained at.
    I love to hang in Goldshire, where usually i see over 50 to 100 people hang out, duel, chill, chat. It is like our server hang zone.
    Now there are moments each day. where i am fcking alone in Goldshire. Sorry but if a new player comes online and sees a town, with just him in it. That will scare him away faster then seeing interaction.
    I'd wager that the 'activities' in Goldshire will scare more people away than seeing an otherwise empty starting quest area.

If RPers get stepped on to give everyone else a smooth xpac launch, that's a sacrifice I'm willing to take.

And no one can convince me why it's better.
    Well, I'll just ignore this thread then lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

No, I don't think that we can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    I'd wager that the 'activities' in Goldshire will scare more people away than seeing an otherwise empty starting quest area.

If RPers get stepped on to give everyone else a smooth xpac launch, that's a sacrifice I'm willing to take.
    Nope, it is actually a hang spot for alot of people. It's just a group of people who get to know eachother over time.
    It's actually quite social. Untill now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Can't destroy something that hasn't really existed in years.

I havnt had bad experiences with phasing since Cata, don't know why people complain.

This is taken just a few minutes ago on AD. Admittedly would have been a lot easier to organize without sharding the city but that's supposedly going away in Legion.

no can not....

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Don't you people ever get tired of being negative? The constant whining is actually crazy, it's always something. Yes maybe Outland will be seeing less people, not even sure that's true. But for lower population realms this is a good change. Your avatar suits you.
    Must be fun bending over and taking it.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Nope, it is actually a hang spot for alot of people. It's just a group of people who get to know eachother over time.
    It's actually quite social. Untill now.
    Prove it.

Oh wait- you can't. This whole thread is essentially you crying about phasing (which is arguably better than a login queue or a lagstravaganza like the warlords launch) because you can't see other people in Goldshire of all places and plugging your ears with your fingers and just disagreeing with everyone for "reasons".

What do you offer to back any of your claims up? The weakest strawman ever in the form of 'the new player experience'.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    At least two other people within less than 10 minutes have reiterated my thoughts about how it worked.

You're the one misremember reality broseph.
    The fact that people tend to think back to things more fondly doesn't mean it wasn't better. By that logic, it's impossible for the past to ever have been better than the present, which I'm fairly sure it can. Applying science like that is what you'd expet to find in a kindergarden, not on a forum with supposingly thinking adults.

Queues? There were no queues in Vanilla dude. There was no automatic system. You have no idea wtf you're talking about.
    Well, finding a group took longer. You really didn't get that from the context?

Also...are you pretending longer queues is a good thing? LOL.

Yes it's way better that it took an hour+ to find a group. WHAT AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE!
    ... I called it a drawback. If certain words are unfamilar to you, there's dictionaries and stuff.

No, no it didn't. Are you fucking serious? Are you serious here? Do you really not remember a bunch of people in tier 2 or 3 in IF or Org sitting in their tier gear pretending they were important? Fuck there were plenty of them in my own guild who did it.

I'm done here. Take off the nostalgia goggles broseph.

Jesus rofl.
    ... What do they have to do with anything?

Yep putting more players in the same zone together destroys world interaction.....

The fact that people tend to think back to things more fondly doesn't mean it wasn't better. By that logic, it's impossible for the past to ever have been better than the present, which I'm fairly sure it can. Applying science like that is what you'd expet to find in a kindergarden, not on a forum with supposingly thinking adults.
    What the hell does this have to do with anything? Are you really sitting here right now trying to justify nostalgia-goggles?

Well, finding a group took longer. You really didn't get that from the context?
    Your entire post seems nothing but goal-post moving and obfuscation. This has literally nothing to do with the main point. It took incredible amounts of time longer than it ever will again to find a max-level dungeon. And no matter how many times nostalgia-kids (See, I can insult you too!) like yourself pretend it is, sitting in Org or IF spamming trade chat is not fun. It's not even really playing the game.

... I called it a drawback. If certain words are unfamilar to you, there's dictionaries and stuff.
    ...lol. A drawback. Sure broseph. Alright. Great. Thanks for just...conceding the point to me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    How about this - I don't want to network better. Why should I have to network because you want me to?
    Why the fuck do you play an MMO?
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.