Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    s3
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    I like the actor, he is really good. But that clip uses Mike Brown as a case of racism which is so dishonest I stopped right there.
    You should watch the whole thing, the end result would surprise you.

He is a multi-multi millionaire, if America is so bad, he has the means to live anywhere in the world he chooses. Of course there is somewhat of a race issue (though the media largely makes more out of it then there is). It seems pretty baseless when he disrespects his country saying minorities are oppressed when playing for a sport that is dominated by minorities making more than most do in a life time while we have a black president. People need to stop crying. What does his point prove other than fan the flames of anger about race? I think all the media (and people like him) are causing people to feel divided. White people feel like they should feel guilty for being white then get mad at minorities for constantly complaining about it, causing further divide.

People just need to calm down and a lot more will get accomplished.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    You could make a pretty decent case for it, given the shitstorm of irrelevant criticism he has had to endure while in office, 99% of which has absolutely nothing to do with how well he's governed. And he's taken it about as well as anyone could hope for, I can just imagine how all those thin-skinned right wingers would react if they had to hear a fraction of the insults they have thrown at him.
    That is every single president ever. Sure old white dudes have a problem with him because of his race but minorities have such huge advantages if they would stop complaining and take advantage of it.

Equally skilled worker - minorty gets hired first (affirmative action)
    Applying for any type of financial aid (schooling, starting a business, etc) minorities automatically get significantly more due to being a minority.
    Media - hired first to show "diversity"

And before someone says there are more whites in all of those scenarios - there is a larger population of whites so that will always be the case until that changes.

Is there discrimination problems? Absolutely. Are there unjustified shootings? Yes. White people get shot when they shouldn't as well, and there was some news agency saying in larger number. Do rich white kids get preferential treatment? Yes. Would rich black kids? Yes they would too. It is about money and fame, those people always get preferential treatment.

There are problems but the past year or two has made WAY more out of it then there really is and making it worse. Media and politicians are the problem.
    Last edited by Maelleous; 2016-08-28 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    This thread is so cute. Respect is earned. I can understand why he wouldn't respect a country that has widespread issues with racism. "Like it or get out" is particularly fucking stupid, even for this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Yea, and racists exist. There are 2 sides, black people need to take responsibility, and racists need to stop with their bs.

- - - Updated - - -

I refuse to play that bullshit game, use common sense.
    A couple of simple points here. The black community DOES need to take responsibility. They need to stop being self-destructive.

2. racists need to stop their bs. How? They are racists, and really the vast majority, meaning 99.99999% is stupid ignorant rhetoric, or words. Choosing to let those words destroy you is another issue. Thus, you really arent going stop a racist from saying stupid shit. But you can choose whether or not you listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    There are 2 sides, black people need to take responsibility, and racists need to stop with their bs.
    I'm going to quote this for the irony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Not sure if this was posted before. But what is the point of playing the anthem at a league game?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    This thread is so cute. Respect is earned. I can understand why he wouldn't respect a country that has widespread issues with racism. "Like it or get out" is particularly fucking stupid, even for this forum.
    Not always. I think we should show respect to even those we do not know. Not because they have earned it, but because they deserve it with ourselves not knowing they do not.

In this case however, he has the right not to stand and such over a flag or anthem being played. But he is showing disrespect to those who value it and he should be thankful he lives in a country which he has the freedom to do ether.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well, if I was a 49ers fan, id be pissed enough not to go to any of their games. As it is, ive already wrote an e-mail to the 49ers and to the NFL letting them know that I will not be watching any 49ers games or patronizing any businesses that advertise during 49ers games.

He has his freedom of speech and I have mine. Hopefully more people do the same.

actually more than 50% but hey, who's counting?
    Wow! This must be a real dilemma for you as a 49ers fan since 50% of the black players commit crimes. Oh wait...................

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Not sure if this was posted before. But what is the point of playing the anthem at a league game?
    For Public: Tradition and homage to armed forces.
    Actual: Using the anthem to make the event seem more important than it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Wow! This must be a real dilemma for you as a 49ers fan since 50% of the black players commit crimes. Oh wait...................
    Santa Carla is trembling... Now the only thing they have to attract Tony's tourism is a bitching beach where Los Boys was filmed...

- - - Updated - - -

I almost forgot:

The military paid pro sports teams $10.4 million for patriotic displays, troop tributes

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/11/4/96...report-million

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Not always. I think we should show respect to even those we do not know. Not because they have earned it, but because they deserve it with ourselves not knowing they do not.
    Than your respect has no merit, as everyone starts with having it. You are changing the colloquialism of:

"Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

In this case however, he has the right not to stand and such over a flag or anthem being played. But he is showing disrespect to those who value it and he should be thankful he lives in a country which he has the freedom to do ether.
    No, the view of the flag is subjective and in this case he said why. There is no need to pretend he is doing against your view of the flag. A bigger problem is how a back up QB in a sports game, can generate this much attention. This is tabloid fodder, not actual news. Putting so much value into what he said is just silly. Would you complain if a random nurse didn't stand up? Quit glorifying celebrities, by pretending what they do has more meaning than it actually does.

Edit:

This is relevant as well. Was one of the most exciting players to watch at the time:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Abdul-Rauf
    Last edited by Felya; 2016-08-28 at 04:25 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Homage to the armed forces at every sports game? I'm really confused.

I'm sorry you don't like inconvenient truths.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Santa Carla is trembling... Now the only thing they have to attract Tony's tourism is a bitching beach where Los Boys was filmed...

- - - Updated - - -

I almost forgot:

The military paid pro sports teams $10.4 million for patriotic displays, troop tributes

- - - Updated - - -

Than your respect has no merit, as everyone starts with having it. You are changing the colloquialism of:

"Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned."

No, the view of the flag is subjective and in this case he said why. There is no need to pretend he is doing against your view of the flag. A bigger problem is how a back up QB in a sports game, can generate this much attention. This is tabloid fodder, not actual news. Putting so much value into what he said is just silly. Would you complain if a random nurse didn't stand up? Quit glorifying celebrities, by pretending what they do has more meaning than it actually does.

Edit:

This is relevant as well. Was one of the most exciting players to watch at the time:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Abdul-Rauf
    I'm a season ticket holder for the cardinals, a pretty loyal fan. The 49ets game is the only one I won't go to.

Sorry that offends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Homage to the armed forces at every sports game? I'm really confused.
    Yeah, it's silly. The military pays sports leagues to do it. It also makes sports seem more important. It's the same reason why pro wrestling does it, minus being paid by military.

Although, WWE support the troops campaign is no joke. They do amazing stuff.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

- - - Updated - - -

I almost forgot:

People like SuperTony love the 44% or now I guess 50% that black people commit violent crimes or crimes. I am asking Tony and others; "Why are there not 50% of the black 49er players committing a crime"? Oh yeah. Most of the crime happens in poor and to be more specific in urban areas. So maybe socio-economic issues are a big factor in crime. Not just being a certain race.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a season ticket holder for the cardinals, a pretty loyal fan. The 49ets game is the only one I won't go to.

Sorry that offends.
    It doesn't offend me. I personally would question going to watch the highest rated team face the worst rated team in the division, regardless of Krapernic. But, what did Gabbert do to you avoid watching him play? Shouldn't watching Krapernic hold a clip board satisfy your rage more, than the pain of not seeing Gabbert sacked 5 times?

2 weeks bitches!!! I am psyched!!!

I'm sorry you don't like inconvenient truths.
    So 50% of black doctors, lawyers, professionals, white and blue collar workers commit violent crimes?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post

Yes, always.

"Respect must be earned. It is not a thing to be simply given away." --- Worf

I fully support what the athlete in question did. He's exercising his 1st Amendment rights. I don't completely agree with his stance, but his right to do so is beyond question.

Members of the military in here who are criticizing him for doing so are hypocrites.

I asked a vet of Korea once what he thought of another type of protest; flag burning. His reply: " It hurts me to see kids do that, but I'll be dead as a doornail before I let anyone try to stop them."

People like SuperTony love the 44% or now I guess 50% that black people commit violent crimes or crimes. I am asking Tony and others; "Why are there not 50% of the black 49er players committing a crime"? Oh yeah. Most of the crime happens in poor and to be more specific in urban areas. So maybe socio-economic issues are a big factor in crime. Not just being a certain race.
    People like supertony always like to claim that we live in a post-racial society where discrimination doesn't exist and race doesn't matter, but if they truly believe that then the high crime rate in black communities is a collective failure of American society, not specifically black America, because of course no such thing exists in a truly post-racial society.

The truth of the matter is that right wing nutjobs have no interest in trying to fix black criminality, because it almost never affects them personally and it's quite a convenient talking point they can throw out there whenever black people speak up on any other issue.
    Last edited by Macaquerie; 2016-08-28 at 05:01 PM.

People like supertony always like to claim that we live in a post-racial society where discrimination doesn't exist and race doesn't matter, but if they truly believe that then the high crime rate in black communities is a collective failure of American society, not specifically black America, because of course no such thing exists in a truly post-racial society.
    I know. I mean we have a black President. Kumbaya

So 50% of black doctors, lawyers, professionals, white and blue collar workers commit violent crimes?
    Black people make up 13% Of the population and account for over 50% Of national murders and violent crime.

Period.

Whine about it, try to make fun of it, whatever. It doesn't change the fact.

Hell 13% is the whole population. Take out women and found children and you're talking 8% Of the population

- - - Updated - - -

The truth of the matter is that right wing nutjobs have no interest in trying to fix black criminality, because it almost never affects them personally and it's quite a convenient talking point they can throw out there whenever black people speak up on any other issue.
    When did I claim we are in a post racial society?

Futhermore fixing black criminality would require the black community to confront the culture of glorifying criminal behavior and disregad of education.

Not going to happen

I know. I mean we have a black President. Kumbaya
    Honestly, I really wish people would stop throwing out that "B-b-b-but what about black on black crime?!?!?" line. I mean, you don't even need to know or talk to any black people to recognize how seriously they take that issue and how much effort they have poured into trying to fix it. You just need to turn on ESPN and watch one of those sappy segments about how so and so grew up with nothing in the projects and is now trying to give back by opening up a rec center to keep kids off the streets and blah blah blah. Unless you have somehow sheltered yourself to such a degree where black people don't even exist on TV to you, you should be well aware of that kind of stuff.