Legion starting gear

I might be late to the party but is there a vendor/easy way to get 700+ilvl gear at the start of legion?
    I have a bunch alt with gear at around 680ilvl and really can't stand grinding invasions for chests - will I be at a disadvantage or can I get upgrades soon-ish when Legion hits?

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    I might be late to the party but is there a vendor/easy way to get 700+ilvl gear at the start of legion?
    I have a bunch alt with gear at around 680ilvl and really can't stand grinding invasions for chests - will I be at a disadvantage or can I get upgrades soon-ish when Legion hits?
    Legion, like the expansions before it, is designed to be doable in levelling greens (Since levelling characters can't do invasions anymore), so i think you'll be ok with an itemlevel of 680, to compare: WoD levelling greens leave you at about 620...

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Legion, like the expansions before it, is designed to be doable in levelling greens (Since levelling characters can't do invasions anymore), so i think you'll be ok with an itemlevel of 680, to compare: WoD levelling greens leave you at about 620...
    i have no idea what is this supposed to mean since im leveling some chars in invasions right now, but op, do the invasions, after 3 or 4 you should have full set of 700 gear.

What he means is that blizzard doesnt expect leveling players to first grind their gear from 620(nagrand gear ) to 700 before entering the broken isles. The first couple quest are designed around having 620 gear and will give you a full set of 700ish gear in the first 30min of questing, give or take.

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    i have no idea what is this supposed to mean since im leveling some chars in invasions right now, but op, do the invasions, after 3 or 4 you should have full set of 700 gear.
    Yeah we get that you didn't even understand the question. The OP is talking about after launch, which is when the invasions disappear.
    @hlx: It should be tuned so that you'll be able to do the initial quests with ilevel 620-630, and then you'll have picked up your artifact and some pieces of gear from quests and vendors from your order hall, so that you'll be able to carry on. Just like with WoD.

Eh ya if you are not geared to 680 at least you are gonna realyrics struggle. Luckily the artifact gives you some nice leeway but I intentionally tried this on a fresh 100 and it was brutal. Felt like the mobs were 110.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    Starting legion gear drops 685 gear (designed for 98+). So you'll be more than fine. As you level you'll get higher gear and each end zone quest gives a 800 piece of gear. On top of when you hit 110 your class order hall set (initial 1 or 2 pieces).

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Eh ya if you are not geared to 680 at least you are gonna realyrics struggle. Luckily the artifact gives you some nice leeway but I intentionally tried this on a fresh 100 and it was brutal. Felt like the mobs were 110.
    Really? I found it with the template 680 geared 100 to be rather stupid easy, especially dps ones. Tank/heal ones I was still able to do as dps.

Yeah i dont think so.

Im in i685 now on my lock and i can chew through multiple tanaan elites at once.

There is no way in hell the starting legion quest mobs are anything like the tanaan elites. So you should be fine
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

That's... not right. Maybe with one of the worst soloing specs.

It's 685 start and designed for a 98 in greens. You shouldn't really struggle at all with a 680.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2016-08-28 at 05:30 PM.

The first two things you do in Legion are establish your class hall and do your first artifact scenario which scales to ilvl and awards a 750 weapon. Broken Isles quests then start giving out 685 greens with a chance to proc upgrades.

After all the tuning passes, 680 toons felt fine to me. But after the invasions are gone, a character just finishing WoD will have a much lower item level. I think that will make the start of legion content somewhat painful until you acquire a few quest rewards. Artifact weapon should help a lot and those quests seem to be tuned better now.

DH's leave their start zone with 680ish ilvl so it shouldn't be a problem for low geared toons.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really WoD leveling leaves you at 580-600 at best.

Deleted
    U dont need ilvl 700 gear, but if u really want it, just afk in an invasion zone

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Not really WoD leveling leaves you at 580-600 at best.
    Ah ok, i stand corrected then, i haven't levelled loads of alts in WoD, and i often had crafted gear ready for the alts i did level. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    Yeah i dont think so.

Im in i685 now on my lock and i can chew through multiple tanaan elites at once.

There is no way in hell the starting legion quest mobs are anything like the tanaan elites. So you should be fine
    I think it depends a bit on class. When doing my artefact quests in 690-ish gear as a Paladin during beta a couple months back, mobs were pretty brutal and I just barely survived through some of the phases. But that was beta and I think many of these classes gave clear feedback (buff us..) so I'm hoping the initial quests are re-tuned by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    DH's leave their start zone with 680ish ilvl so it shouldn't be a problem for low geared toons.
    But after the current level 100s have all moved on, any new 100 will be much lower than that. A character that's leveling in Draenor will be lucky to reach 600 by leveling normally. No hand-picking certain rares/treasures, no scaling heirloom trinket, no left-over baleful tokens, etc. The 100 to 101/102 stretch should be designed and doable for those players.

640 is what a boosted character gets. So I think it is the starting level for Legion.

You'll be fine at 680. The artifact quests scale in difficulty according to ilvl. At 100 zone quests ilvl reward is 685(+). I tried a character on beta with 600 ilvl. It was fine.