Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    ive seen a ad a few timeso n tv, but yeah you wont see ads online if you use adblock... >_>
    "Don't most people use adblock now? I do and I haven't seen a Legion ad online"
    because your blocking them

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen them mostly on youtube.

I see ads for Legion almost every time I use the Twitch app on my phone, and I feel like I've seen it a few other places too over the past couple weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Hmm must admit, this is the first expansion I don't remember there being a tv spot for
    Yeah, seems kinda odd too. Didn't really think about it as well, until adam posted this thread.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    By talking about it we're advertising it on their behalf.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Less and less people now even bother with TV, and a large number of people who play a lot online tend to be a cord-cutter. Only makes sense to not bother throwing millions at a rapidly-becoming-obsolete media, no?

For the record, I see an ad on Twitter at least daily, if not moreso. Trust me, they're definitely not "abandoning" advertisement.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    ^ this.

MMO Champ is quite literally the reason I got adblock a couple of years ago and have never turned it off since. 34 ads blocked from MMO Champ right now. To call that obnoxious is almost letting them off lightly.
    Same here. I put it off for awhile but it would take minutes to load any page and I'd often need to just close he window and do something else. It's says 30 ads blocked and avast is saying there's over a dozen ad-trackers running. This page is crazy pants.

You can open up the "inspect elements" thingy while running adblock on chrome and look at the errors for all the ads that are failing to run if you want to see what's going on. Not all of them are ads, most of them are advertising effectiveness trackers from brealtime and adnexus.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    2 days to go till Legion and I haven't seen one TV ad (UK) for it. WoD literally had a TV ad everyday 2 weeks before release and afterwards, it feels like Blizzard hasn't even bothered promoting Legion here....
    I havent seen a TV ad in years, Im probably not that small of a minority, wouldnt be surprised if they felt they didnt get a good return on the investment of tv air time. Broadcast Television is on its way out, just like newspapers and magazines ~10 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GGA1759 View Post
    I'm still looking for a place in that link that says, "Majority of people has addblock."
    I got this...

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    That debunks the "majority" has adblock software active.

The article speaks of "There are now 198 million active adblock users around the world."
    Whereas, there's this: "Globally 3.2 billion people are using the Internet of which 2 billion are from developing countries."

Generally speaking now...
    While it's safe to say that almost everyone on this platform considers web-ads atrocious, and circumvents them via ad blocker, the facts remain the facts though.
    It's only a fraction of internet users, even less so an even smaller number of devices used, that are blocking out ads.
    That's why they exists. If these ads weren't effective, it wouldn't be a multi billion dollar industry. Marketing people aren't exactly known for being idiots.
    The expected turnover from such ads isn't very high either. 0.003% success is pretty much the expected rate.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Well then, if there's no tv ad then obviously Blizz abandoned all hope for Legion and Blizz is going under. There's absolutely no other way to find out about Legion coming out, if you count out all the gaming websites talking about it, pop media sites, online advertisements, Youtube channels...virtually most any corner of the web. I keep forgetting the majority of pc gamers just sit and watch tv instead of...you know...using their pc's to be on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    People still watch TV?
    ha, beat me to it. I havent watched TV in 5 years :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I got this...

That debunks the "majority" has adblock software active.

The article speaks of "There are now 198 million active adblock users around the world."
    Whereas, there's this: "Globally 3.2 billion people are using the Internet of which 2 billion are from developing countries."

Generally speaking now...
    While it's safe to say that almost everyone on this platform considers web-ads atrocious, and circumvents them via ad blocker, the facts remain the facts though.
    It's only a fraction of internet users, even less so an even smaller number of devices used, that are blocking out ads.
    That's why they exists. If these ads weren't effective, it wouldn't be a multi billion dollar industry. Marketing people aren't exactly known for being idiots.
    The expected turnover from such ads isn't very high either. 0.003% success is pretty much the expected rate.

Don't bother, whenever @adam86shadow gets called out and proven wrong. He abandons the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm must admit, this is the first expansion I don't remember there being a tv spot for
    There is a tv spot. Idk how much its been played. I've seen it on twitch when im on my phone and no adblock.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    ha, beat me to it. I havent watched TV in 5 years :P
    Thats insane man. I love watching netflix, theres a lot of good shit your missing out on. As long as Netflix is still considering TV..Im assuming it is.

On topic- I see a Legion ad almost every time I get an ad on youtube. Its either Legion or the Korean rap guys. Theres also a ton of Legion ads on twitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Thats insane man. I love watching netflix, theres a lot of good shit your missing out on. As long as Netflix is still considering TV..Im assuming it is.

On topic- I see a Legion ad almost every time I get an ad on youtube. Its either Legion or the Korean rap guys. Theres also a ton of Legion ads on twitch.
    I have Netflix on my computer :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I have Netflix on my computer :P
    Ah makes sense. Thats what I figured, just didnt wanna assume it.

Seen a few ads on tv, Hulu and on Amazon TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2akq9jnKlow

I don't watch much TV, but I've seen adverts all over the internet, skype, facebook, cinema.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Here is my anecdotal evidence for my claim!"