Legion invasions had a high participation rate

I've been levelling my last toon to 100 before Legion and I was quite surprised that there are still so many people doing invasions almost three weeks in with 6 of them up at once.
    I was expecting them to be barren within a week once everyone had gotten their gear and other unique items. But the high amounts of XP earned has made them pretty lucrative for this whole pre expansion event.
    Compared to previous pre launch events, I'd say this one has been a success. Well done, Blizzard.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thoroughly enjoyed them actually. I just xferred to a new realm. It was nice to have a fun way to level up that didn't require quest dungeon grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does that count people just being AFK and resetting or people actually participating?

You'll notice that there have been more and more lowbies doing them since xp adjustments. People have been going ham to get their alts up before they're gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Danzel View Post
    Does that count people just being AFK and resetting or people actually participating?
    I don't know about you, but every time I had dinged 60 on an alt, I would always fly to all the boss mobs since they award such a huge chunk of XP. There are quite a lot of players attacking the bosses as well. It's quite hilarious to watch the Fel Reaver faceroll everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    It's quite hilarious to watch the Fel Reaver faceroll everyone.
    The funny thing is, there are other bosses that award a good chunk of XP and nethershards... but they don't have skulls on the map. In the Northern Barrens, between the Abyssal Eruptor (just outside the Crossroads) and the Fel Reaver, there's a Legion structure that is protected by one such boss. And everyone bypasses him, because no skull on the map.

Instead, you see an endless stream of people corpse-running or flying in from the graveyards, because they went after the Fel Reaver.

And even if you DO participate against the Fel Reaver, you have a high chance of getting no XP because you can end up killed or the Fel Reaver may race out of your tracking range. (I've lost XP on him at least half the time, mostly because of the latter.)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I've been levelling my last toon to 100 before Legion and I was quite surprised that there are still so many people doing invasions almost three weeks in with 6 of them up at once.
    I was expecting them to be barren within a week once everyone had gotten their gear and other unique items. But the high amounts of XP earned has made them pretty lucrative for this whole pre expansion event.
    Compared to previous pre launch events, I'd say this one has been a success. Well done, Blizzard.
    They still appear busy because the CRZ/shard system combines players from different realms. Although people constantly hate on the system, it does have its advantages. I'm sure there's like 1/10th the number of invasion instances being run this week as opposed to when it first launched. Back with the WotLK zombie invasion, it was just people from your server, so it got empty after awhile.

Good participation was partly due to them being fun and progressing the story. But also due to being able to level alts and get easy gear.

The high participation rate could be due to players leveling their alts. I was able to get 4 chars from 10-100 (20hrs each) with slightly more than a week of game play. It was really great. I did find that their xp varied considerably during level 80s-90 during phase 3; Westfall. When that happes, I just go back to farming Ironforge, Dun Morogh (Phase 1 - 2 only) from then.

Just don't complete the phases so you can do them all over again; immediately. Do note that your characters will likely have incomplete ilvl 700 gear when they ding. I use my shipyard from my other characters to provide the newbies' their gear.

i enjoyed it enough to farm the xmogs and lvl some chars to 100

seemed good for temporary content

10+ Year Old Account
    Like most things, they are a lot of fun in moderation. Run them back-to-back for hours at a time and I think they might get to be a lot less fun rather quickly. Not my favorite pre-Expansion event but by no means bad either.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Sh*t reaver and the dreadlord guy with mind control are nasty
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Good.

Content,level-up/reward and excitement are all draws for players.

they should definitely do more things like this for patches and stuff.

i liked them, i liked the easy gear, i liked going around saving people. felt like the world was alive for once, instead of a static, unchanging, non-living thing.

Deleted
    I also enjoyed them a lot, except when there was no healer around and i kept dying to those boss mobs xD