Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    I've seen ads for it, but I can't remember if it was on TV or Youtube.

And you know what's really interesting? A day or so ago there was a thread about somebody whining about getting a Legion ad email from Blizzard.

Now here's a guy who says they aren't advertising enough.

The WoW community, everyone. Top form as usual.
    I wouldn't say I am complaining just noticed that WoD's advertisement campaign seemed much bigger

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    Don't bother, whenever @adam86shadow gets called out and proven wrong. He abandons the thread.
    I don't live here lol

- - - Updated - - -

I also never made the claim that majority use adblock, I said "Don't most?" see the ? that means a question not a statement

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    2 days to go till Legion and I haven't seen one TV ad (UK) for it. WoD literally had a TV ad everyday 2 weeks before release and afterwards, it feels like Blizzard hasn't even bothered promoting Legion here....
    Spending most of the money in Asian countries maybe?? Rather than the declining or stale EU-US markets, focusing it a bit more on places still hyped on the game?

I do not use adblock ...so...one person who is seeing the ads

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Thats insane man. I love watching netflix, theres a lot of good shit your missing out on. As long as Netflix is still considering TV..Im assuming it is.

On topic- I see a Legion ad almost every time I get an ad on youtube. Its either Legion or the Korean rap guys. Theres also a ton of Legion ads on twitch.
    Actually Netflix has shit choice in the UK. SKY FTW

seen alot of overwatch adverts on primetime uk tv but no legion,seems odd tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    "Here is my anecdotal evidence for my claim!"
    Have you seen many TV ads?

They have most likely been pumping a lot of that advertising money into those azeroth armory weapons. And I think I did see tv adverts (us) a while back.

I'm fairly certain I've seen Legion ads on Youtube videos and I know for a fact that I've been seeing Legion ads on Xbox Live.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I pay for internet but not cable, because everything on cable is on the internet in one way or the other. Don't own a TV.

Ad-block is required to use the internet at all.

Ads don't really exist in my life so I guess my perspective is who gives a shit? I find everything that I want to without advertisement.

what crappy ad blockers are you all using to still get adverts on youtube videos? shit if i wanted adverts i can't skip on my videos i'd watch live broadcast television!

36 advert requests blocked on this forum page. 33% of all requests. lol

There's still plenty of Overwatch ads on TV here, while I've never seen one for Legion. I guess the marketing budget to show on TV all went to Overwatch instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Think they're just focusing on marketing elsewhere than on British TV.

Lately haven't been able to go 5 minutes on the internet without seeing a Legion ad so there's plenty of online marketing, which is pretty much going to hit the target demographic.
    Pretty much that... why pay a lot of money to have tv adds that don't really have any effect on the target group when you can get omnipotent online coverage for less. As a mostly passionate gamer, I don't even waste a tiny amount of my time watching brain-dumbing TV.

It's been years since I saw a live TV feed (some store display). Even longer since I paid for my own.

I can't imagine a bigger waste of money than buying commercial time for a video game.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    It wasn't adam guys

Adam replied to a person asking the question with a link as proof. Read through the thread....

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard isn't pushing Legion as hard because WoD was advertising more for the movie I believe. I still believe it will sell well regardless. People will buy it just because it has warcraft on the box and people have been waiting for WoD to end.

2 days to go till Legion and I haven't seen one TV ad (UK) for it. WoD literally had a TV ad everyday 2 weeks before release and afterwards, it feels like Blizzard hasn't even bothered promoting Legion here....
    Was thinking that. Kids were watching TV tonight and the Blizzard credits popped up and I was like "oh hell yea Legion ad!" ... nope... just an Overwatch ad.

Deleted
    You really must live a happy life if your biggest problem is some company's advertisements (or lack of).

If Blizzard is this important to you, go get help. Professional help.

What is the purpose of TV advertisements? You can go to the official site and see it there. There is not much sense in advertising a product which is absolutely useless when you buy it unless you buy another one which was not advertised and which you have to either skip completely or waste your time with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    You really must live a happy life if your biggest problem is some company's advertisements (or lack of).

If Blizzard is this important to you, go get help. Professional help.
    Interesting mental gymnastics there....

I'm discussing advertisement about WoW on a WoW forum... Don't know how you think I am deeming this a big problem

Seen a short trailer ad on tv numerous times. Had several ads for it pop up when watching Youtube on my tablet, which doesn't use Adblock.

They haven't abandoned advertising, but they're not repeating the WoD debacle of tons of hype and ads for a lackluster expansion which I deem a good thing.

well all I watch is Netflix and Hulu and I've seen adds for it on Hulu