Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Cable Guy.

And while it isn't a love/hate thing, I have to mention Drag Me To Hell. I find it absolutely hilarious. It's a horror comedy with the werdo style and acting and the downright looney toons scenes...yet, everyone else finds it either crap or legit scary...like what the ef? I love it because I just find it hilarious. Not Cabin in the Woods, or Tuck & Dale vs Evil but still hilarious.

Troy
    A lot of snubbery against it, but I find it's a very good movie, and I love the demythification that is the basis of the concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Sucker Punch. I really enjoyed it and got a kick out of all the set pieces.
    Agreed, I think a lot of the hate comes from people expecting too much/expecting the wrong thing. If you take it for what it is, it's a fantastic movie. Visually stunning (and I don't just mean the cast...) and has an absolutely KILLER soundtrack, all held together by a very bizarre, but oddly enjoyable plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Yeah I honestly really like him as an actor. Hes pretty good in action movies. For some reason nobody I know likes them, but either way I love them.
    I never really rated him as an actor... Then I was doing English Lit in college and we went to see Cat on a Hot Tin Roof with him as the lead.

All the girls were happy, all the guys groaned and rolled our eyes... That is, until the curtain went up and he BLEW us all away; he was absolutely amazing. Since then, I'll defend his skills to anyone that questions them.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2016-08-28 at 12:51 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Yeah, speaking about Troy, I actually like it a lot.

But seeing the title, I was more thinking about the Star Wars prequels. I LOVE Star Wars, and I just don't understand those who dislike the prequels that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars prequels.
    Star Trek reboot.
    Matrix sequels.
    Constantine
    1998 Godzilla.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2016-08-28 at 01:14 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonball: Evolution.
    Star Wars Prequels

Primer (2004)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Constantine
    1998 Godzilla.
    fucking love both these as well. though I've not met many people that disliked Constantine.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Star Wars prequels.
    Star Trek reboot.
    Matrix sequels.
    Constantine
    1998 Godzilla.
    I forgot about the Matrix sequels. There was a lot of "IT SHOULD'VE STOPPED AFTER THE FIRST ONE BECAUSE 2 AND 3 WERE SHIT" talk. I enjoyed all of them.

Prince of Persia.
    Tom Raider:Cradle of life.

I actualy thought both movies were great, I periodically rewatch them for fun.

also. all the Arnold Schwarzenegger comedies. yes, I actualy like Twins, Kindergarden Cop and Jingle all the way :P I thought they were all hilarious.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2016-08-28 at 02:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Avatar - Considering how well it did at the box office everyone really lays on this movie really thick with hate that I will never understand, sure the story is a recycled version of Pocahontas and Fern Gully but I still find some good appeal in in it, its beautiful, has great CGI and the acting is okay. The movie isnt greeat by a long shot but I saw it at the cinema and loved it then as much as I do now. It's a shame that people opinions got swerved.

Resident Evil - All the movies, I think they are super dumb fun.

Clash Of The Titans (2010) - Even though I love the original more, I still love this version, its a bit boring in places and the CGI isnt that great except one scene and thats the fight with Medusa, oh my god was that awesome, and I bet it's a scene alot of people never mention because they forgot about because its the best part of the movie for me.

Van Helsing (2004) - I didn't even know people hated this movie, it was sad to know alot of people don';t like it, I think the setting is great, Hugh Jackman is awesome, the acting is... okay I guess... there's some dumb cheesy moments I like, the bad guy is just going ham and it's great.

War of the Worlds (2005) - I actually think this is the best movie version of the book, I am still awaiting the original setting which was supposed to be set in Edwardian England times, but what the hell until we get that version this is still the better, as I really hated the 1953 version which is so far removed from the H. G. Wells version. I would say outside the setting the 2005 version does it better and adds a Spielberg charm that I am a sucker for.

Forrest Gump - Yep, people hate this movie, you know why, because it beat out Pulp Fiction and Shawshank to the Oscars. To them I say this movie is better than both of those movies I don't care, Shawshank is over rated and Pulp Fiction (even though I like) isn't as awesome as people say it is, its a good movie its not Oscar worthy though. Forrest Gump on the other hand was worth every Oscar it got, (come at me bro) amazing movie and one of my favorites of all time.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The 1st wolverine movie - People hate this movie big time but I enjoyed it. Mouthless deadpool was a dumb idea for sure but it didnt ruin the movie for me.

The Core - Freaking love this movie. Delroy Lindo and Stanely tucci are brilliant! Whole lot of dumb fun although the basement dweller who hacks the entire internet is pretty cringe.

Green Lantern - CG was horrible and the villian was non existant but still enjoyed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    Tom Raider:Cradle of life.
    Both the tomb raider movies are exellent.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post

Both the tomb raider movies are exellent.
    agreed. but most people agree on the first being good, its the sequel that they hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The Last Airbender.

It got so many bad reviews and people complained about whitewashing, but I enjoyed this movie.
    The effects and acting are pretty bad no matter what, but it of course gets extra hate because the source material is so damn good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ghostbusters 2, Prometheus, and Super Mario Bros. If you go into Super Mario Bros without expecting any connection to the games, I found it to be a pretty fun movie in its own right. Is it amazing? No. But I found it entertaining with some funny moments.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    it's #27 on the list of the 50 most hated movies ever made list
    Titanic was also #7, Twilight #3, and Forest Gump #2.
    I don't know anyone who hates those movies (save for Twilight, but know it had a massive fanbase).

Also, again, that list doesn't all of a sudden make me know people who hate the movie Pearl Harbor... Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Waterworld
    The Quest
    I would say Prometheus but considering how many OTHER people have posted it, it's rather obvious that it's not a hated movie...
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

The fifth element.

The Phantom Menance
    The Pokemon movies

only god forgives