Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Artifacts Power and Healing specs

So after reading the Wowhead guide about Artifact power and how it is gained, it seems that you can only gain AP towards whatever spec/weapon you currently have active.

Does this mean I have to level to 110 with a healing spec, else have a ton of AP spent towards a DPS spec which I'm not particularly going to use at 110? Or is it possible to equip a healing artifact weapon while in a DPS spec?

You get items that give AP. You can save them for however long you want and use them on whatever artifact you want.

yeah you're basically forced to level in your raid spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    yeah you're basically forced to level in your raid spec.
    totally wrong.

You just don't use the Artefact Power. YOu switch to the spec you want, equip its artefact and use the items.

Homophobia is so gay.

All ArtPow comes from on use items that you have to click, when clicked they add W/E tooltip value was to your current equipped artifact. You can lvl as healer if you want, every rank you spend on your Artifact gives you a +1% increase in damage dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    totally wrong.

You just don't use the Artefact Power. YOu switch to the spec you want, equip its artefact and use the items.
    Does AP come from only items, though? I was under the impression that you got it from doing quests or dungeons and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    All ArtPow comes from on use items that you have to click, when clicked they add W/E tooltip value was to your current equipped artifact.
    Oh.

Well alrighty then.

You can lvl as healer if you want, every rank you spend on your Artifact gives you a +1% increase in damage dealt.
    No, I *don't* want to level as a healing spec. I was worried that if I leveled as a DPS spec, I would be forced to put any AP gained into that spec while I was leveling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Does AP come from only items, though? I was under the impression that you got it from doing quests or dungeons and such.
    the quests and dungeons give you the items.

and yes, you get AP only by consuming AP items.

just save them up till 110 and then put everything into your healing artifact.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    the quests and dungeons give you the items.

and yes, you get AP only by consuming AP items.

just save them up till 110 and then put everything into your healing artifact.
    Ah, alright.

I've kinda kept away from reading up about Legion stuff, as I want to go in "blind" per se.

Oh.

Well alrighty then.

No, I *don't* want to level as a healing spec. I was worried that if I leveled as a DPS spec, I would be forced to put any AP gained into that spec while I was leveling.
    What class/spec?

Just use the points for DPS when leveling, it's such a miniscule amount in the end that you'll catch up with the healing weapon in no time. And it'll help leveling way more.

http://imgur.com/a/VCSdQ
    you can level 2 spec at same time and be only 1 day behind

What class/spec?
    Priest. Planning on maining Holy at 110.

So yeah, if AP only comes from consumable items, then I just level as Shadow, save all AP items, and then swap to Holy and use all of them at 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    Well that's another thing, since I'm a Priest, my "main spec" AND "off spec" are both healing specs. So I'm not really wanting to invest anything into Shadow, I want to save everything for Holy/Disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    That is based on world quests, random daily, and weekly quests. It does NOT account for one time quests, treasures and all the random ArtPow drops.

- - - Updated - - -

Priest. Planning on maining Holy at 110.

So yeah, if AP only comes from consumable items, then I just level as Shadow, save all AP items, and then swap to Holy and use all of them at 110.

Well that's another thing, since I'm a Priest, my "main spec" AND "off spec" are both healing specs. So I'm not really wanting to invest anything into Shadow, I want to save everything for Holy/Disc.
    Lvl as Disc instead of Shadow, it gets +.5% DPS increase per Artifact rank and does more damage than Holy. So you can toss ArtPow on into it while lvl'ing with out it going to waste like if you went with shadow.

Lvl as Disc instead of Shadow, it gets +.5% DPS increase per Artifact rank and does more damage than Holy. So you can toss ArtPow on into it while lvl'ing with out it going to waste like if you went with shadow.
    Does Disc have competent damage while leveling, though? I mean I suppose it's not too much of an issue, since I'm in no rush at all to reach 110, but I was under the impression that Shadow is way better for questing.

Though I suppose a direct-damage based spec will be better geared towards quest mobs that die quickly, than a DoT-based class.

Does Disc have competent damage while leveling, though? I mean I suppose it's not too much of an issue, since I'm in no rush at all to reach 110, but I was under the impression that Shadow is way better for questing.

Though I suppose a direct-damage based spec will be better geared towards quest mobs that die quickly, than a DoT-based class.
    Does more than Holy but less than Shadow, you are correct about the DoT aspect. As Disc you can bubble n spam pull, wont have to worry about healing up cause of atonement or the DoT from Shadow Mend.

the thing is AP got a softcap as you can see here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...view?sle=true#

so you can theoretically level all 3 specs and be 1 week behind at the end

Blizzard said they made it healer leveling "viable" not optimal. I'm leveling as shadow as well. Will pick up my holy artifact 2nd.
    In the grand scheme, it's only going to put you back like max 5000 power.

Using the AMR graph: by the time you get to 110. You get 11 traits. This is 4,625 total AP.
    By week 3 (raid release). You'll have 20 traits or 121,070 total AP.

So even IF you put all AP into shadow while leveling (you won't). It would only cost 1 trait MAX by week 3. Going to higher levels of AP will make the difference minuscule.

Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    So even IF you put all AP into shadow while leveling (you won't). It would only cost 1 trait MAX by week 3. Going to higher levels of AP will make the difference minuscule.
    14th trait already costs more than the entire leveling AP. And that graph presumes a very relaxed AP gathering.

People are putting way to much importance on early AP gains when they are just a tiny drop in the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    14th trait already costs more than the entire leveling AP. And that graph presumes a very relaxed AP gathering.

People are putting way to much importance on early AP gains when they are just a tiny drop in the ocean.
    Penny wise, pound foolish.

Filling out the early traits for a spec you will do your leveling and world questing in will speed up your AP acquisition far more than hoarding the miniscule amounts you'll get on day one.

Deleted
    i will leveling enhancement shaman, do you think i change loot at 108? to start healing dungeons at 110?