Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    "They do not live. They do not die. They are outside the cycle."
    That would work if not for the case that Y'shaaraj is dead for sure 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    If Blizzard had better writers, they would claim that it lost most of it's powers with the death of Yogg-Saron. But they don't, and it will be forgotten since there isn't any saronite on the broken isles.
    I dont think so...blood of a god is still the blood of a god aged or not. Besides i doubt are characters can resist their calls, and yes 25 random heroes and all that, but your not one of them. Your a mercenary who can 1v5 grunts but not a dragon in its flights.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's an Ore powercreep.

"Dang, Saronite is so strong and immune to magic"
    "WTF, Elementium super strong"
    "lul, Ghostiron better than anything"
    "Blackrock Ore is so freaking hard, it requires a powerful Fury to melt!"

Lorewise, it should have also driven you mad until the Ashen Verdict came up with a way to purify it.

Wonder why no one ever tried to forge Quel'delar out of it, well off to the Halls of Reflection to check on the other Blade that has a mind on it's own.
    Pretty sure lorewise Elementium is the strongest of those 4. For gameplay reasons it isn't.

Deleted
    Thank you all for the input. We just might have an entry in the list of "stuff we might try against the legion but blizz won't let us cuz story"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Yep... word of a fanatical follower vs the creature itself cursing us as it is dying.

Nevermind Blizzard themselves saying OGs die.
    Old Gods can die, and are almost all dead. Although it really doesn't mean much to them. For all purposes, they are dead, but are written with just enough ambiguity they can affect the plot as needed. They are in a state where they are gone forever if not needed again while at the same time kinda there if you want to Old God some shit up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Old Gods are canonically dead, but in the Warcraft universe death is pretty much a slap on the wrist - Y'shaarj still had some aspect of "life" after being plucked from the ground by Aman'thul directly, I'd assume the others will continue to have to have some kind of diminished but present effect still. But only N'Zoth remains essentially whole and vital, still capable of making and enacting big plans. His fellow Old Gods are only echoes or spirits, if they remain anything at all, but that may be enough for whatever it is they have planned.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    That would work if not for the case that Y'shaaraj is dead for sure 100%.
    Dead things can't talk to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    He can't anymore. His heart destroyed so I'm pretty sure he's the only Old God who is super mega ultra dead. C'thun could still get revived since that's what Cho'gall wanted to do and I'm assuming Yogg-saron wasn't killed either. But Y'shaaraj is dead now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    He can't anymore. His heart destroyed so I'm pretty sure he's the only Old God who is super mega ultra dead. C'thun could still get revived since that's what Cho'gall wanted to do and I'm assuming Yogg-saron wasn't killed either. But Y'shaaraj is dead now.
    But...but...http://wow.gamepedia.com/Xal%27atoh,...ge_of_Gorehowl

Uhhh, MU Gul'dan would beg to differ. He is dead - as a normal orc warlock, not a demon and certainly not an Old god. His skull can still talk to you, and even hold more meaningful conversation than the Old Gods even (the OGs only whispered one-sidedly, Skull of Gul'dan asked and answered questions). So, no, dead things can talk to you just fine in Warcraft-verse, as long as they are powerful enough. In "The Last Guardian", Khadgar *might* have explained that phenomenon as some form of magical sympathy while trying to figure out how Medivh was able to read a letter without even opening it (he was picking up the thoughts of the writer from the letter)

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Guardian
    Khadgar took a deep breath. “One of the magical laws. When someone handles an item, they leave a part of their own magical aura or vibration attached to the item. As auras vary with individuals, it is possible to connect to one by affecting the other. In this way a lock of hair may be used in a love charm, or a coin may be tracked back to its original owner <....>The more someone uses an item, the stronger the resonance, so therefore an item that experiences a lot of handling or attention will have a stronger sympathy.”
    Going with that, a body part (in Khagar example, a lock of hair, and in our cases - skull of Gul'dan and Old Gods' dead body) would definitely contains a lot of those "magical aura or vibration", especially for powerful beings.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

7+ Year Old Account
    the skull of gul'dan, ghosts, spirits, banshee's, and several different undead say hi.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Saronite only absorbed the light, not all elements? I always wished they had some form of debuff on Yogg, every item you wore that had saronite in the name giving you like 1% less in effectiveness.