Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dont think it's worth it running any sims atm with tunning still going on because what you see today may change on tuesday/wednesday. It sucks but this is how things are. They may even release some hotfixes by the mid of the week if not earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    I dont think it's worth it running any sims atm with tunning still going on because what you see today may change on tuesday/wednesday. It sucks but this is how things are. They may even release some hotfixes by the mid of the week if not earlier.
    I disagree that it's not worth it. If we have a really solid idea of where we stand now, if we get some small changes good or bad most people will be able to kind of eyeball it and figure out more or less where we stand after the changes. Like, if TV accounts for 50% of our damage, and TV gets a 10% buff, if we did 500k at x level of gear before the buff, then now at the same level of gear we're doing ~525k single target. Data is valuable even if it could change. And if nothing does change, then we'd have a really good idea of where we stand.

Maybe I am being a bit selfish though. I for one will not be checking these forums regularly after Legion launches. Way too much shit to do in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but in those ret sims, I don't see any sim that is done at 840 ilvl with an optimized gear set for single target, using 2 trinkets and a 34 point artifact. Which seems to be what the combat rogue T19P sim is.
    The outlaw rogue T19P set is, like all the other T19P profiles, using a 19 point artifact and 2 trinkets. As of the most recent raid sim I ran Outlaw was simming at ~330k ST on a 5 minute fight length while Ret was at ~267k without Shield of Vengeance and ~276k with Shield of Vengeance. This puts us, again, in the mid to upper tier of specs that are not major outliers. Please take these results with a grain of salt - always possible there are bugs or that things aren't fully optimized correctly.

It's worth keeping in mind though that Outlaw, together with Arms and Feral, are pretty significant outliers in the sim results. It would not be surprising to see them retuned.

If Blizzard was even half committed to balance there shouldn't be outliers at this stage though, the difference between ~275 and ~330 is huge. After more than 10 years I'd think we could expect them to have perfected internal testing and how to balance specs to be within 5% of each other.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2016-08-28 at 07:53 PM.