Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'm big on playing characters that can feel immersed in the story, so I've thought about this quite a bit. Here's my thoughts on races for each class, judging purely from the artifacts, characters, backstory, and storyline, here's what I get from what I've seen of legion (and my own opinions)...

Demon Hunter - Either race, really. The backstory doesn't play much of a role.
    Death Knight - I have trouble playing anything but a Human, Dwarf, or Blood Elf death knight due to the timeline.
    Druid - Obviously Night Elf, Val'Sharah is where Malfurion first learned druidism from Cenarius, and all the artifacts tie into this.
    Hunter - Blood Elf and Tauren for the artifacts and story, though Gnomes could be work well too due to Titanstrike.
    Mage - Human and Blood Elf due to artifacts and backstory (Council of Tirisfal), though Aethas' whole bid is a joke, and I find it hard to believe any blood elf would truly feel comfortable back in the Kirin Tor so soon.
    Monk - Pandaren, as always.
    Paladin - Human, unfortunately. All the artifacts are tied to humans, the group is the Silver Hand, and the class hall is under a human chapel. Very annoyed there's no blood knight/sunwalker themed artifact skins.
    Priest - Draenei, Undead, Human. Draenei for obvious reasons, Undead and Humans can work too, given the artifacts and characters.
    Rogue - Pretty much anyone, the class hall is relatively neutral race-wise, as are the artifacts.
    Shaman - Orc if enhancement, others are pretty neutral. The campaign isn't too focussed on one race either AFAIK.
    Warlock - Any, though Orc has the edge through backstory and the Scepter of Sargeras.
    Warrior - Again, Human unfortunately. King Thoradin's weapon and two Vrykul weapons for artifacts. They really messed this one up IMO.

My top 5 most immersive race/class combos to experience Legion with, in no particular order, are...

Human Mage
    Night Elf Druid
    Draenei Priest
    Human Paladin
    Demon Hunter (either)

I don't think any others come close to those 5.

I heard hunters have representatives from all the various orders for their class hall, from night elves to silver convenant to blood elves and even dark rangers. Hope the other classes got treatment like that.

I for one am very happy about the Uncrowned for rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    You're only getting half the story (esp in Stormheim, where there's lots of faction-specific content). I would suggest also getting an Orc Shaman - so you can see the Horde part of the story and see what happens to the Doomhammer.
    Good point. I always end up playing the Horde side at some point. Idk about making a new toon though lol - I have too many already!
    My bear is Tauren and I have a Troll hunter; those may have to do.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Personally I'll be going blood elf paladin and night elf demon hunter.

Blood Elves have a very personal reason to hate the Legion due to what they did to their prince and tried to do to their sunwell. (Plus they made the scourge).

Night elves likewise lost their immortality to the legion, as well as their empire.

Paladins generally have a lot to do with light and dark, so good theme there. Plus the tension they'll have with death knights and the upcoming threat of a new Lich King is pretty interesting.

Demon hunters hunt demons. Enough said.

Deleted
    Human arcane mages make anything their business.

I think Demon Hunters, mages and locks have the most connection with the legion lore. As for races, Night elfs, orcs, draeneis and humans.

Legion is an expansion that has a bit of lore for everyone. Worgen and undead get Stormheim, tauren get Highmountain, dwarves get some lore about Magni, the Hammer of Khaz'goroth and stuff, night elves get an overdosis of lore.

I would say a night elf demon hunter is a good combination, as they get to enjoy lots of night elf lore + Illidan's story.
    Worgen finally get their story continued as well, and druids have a zone of their own, plus lots of extra lore and a raid. Tauren get a zone too.
    DKs and paladins also get some nice lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I agree and besides everyone has a main they're attached to, but I know I felt more connected to the WoD Shadowmoon quests on my Draenei pally than on my Worgen rogue. And Zul Drak was more fun on my Troll Hunter. "Everyone hates the Legion" (from the medallion tooltip), but I always feel more connected to the story on some of my toons than others.

- - - Updated - - -

I get that. My DK actually has a stronger connection to Tirion that my pally, because my DK owes his redemption and rehabilitation to Tirion. My DK tanked the Lich King at Tirion's side.

But Hiphopopotamus is right about Draenei being paladins since before humans knew how to make armor. We've been following the Prophet for so long, just trying to hold things together while he sought the one timeline where we could turn things around. That's how we ended up on Azeroth, with its connections to Anduin, Illidan, and the baby titan. I feel like Maraad set the tone when we went back to (AU) Draenor and prevented it turning into another Outlands. I'm happy he had a chance to end up in Auchindoun. Now it's time to pick up where he left off and win a round here on Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep ~ I would agree with this. So much so that I don't plan to rock the Legion skins at all. Far as I'm concerned, my artifact is the Hammer of Atonement, a sacred Draenei artifact I recovered by traveling back in time to the Battle of Mt Hyjal. My shield is the Aldori Legacy Defender. I'm excited for my human pally colleages that get their new artifact lore, but I'll take the new stats for my Draenei classics.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes! I have a Bear and look forward to exploring the Emerald Dream. I can't give you one good reason why I'm not excited to play him first; I love the changes they've made to druid skins and the guardian druid spec. For some reason the other two are what I'm most motivated to play atm, so I'm giving myself permission to follow my bliss, knowing my bear will be waiting in the wings and will be fun when I get to him.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you see the memorial park they gave Varian in Stormwind?!
    I was so dejected after the way they handled Vol'jin's death, I haven't even logged back to my Troll hunter to see if they did anything like that for him.
    Regarding the pala artifacts - you have seen the hidden tank appereance, right?

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...ection/AlYzIxA

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Regarding the pala artifacts - you have seen the hidden tank appereance, right?

http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-calc...ection/AlYzIxA
    Cool for the Draenei. Blizzard still needs to show some appreciation to Sunwalkers. No transmog exists that looks like it'd be a good fit for them. They along with Blood Knights got shafted in everything Paladin for Legion.

But honestly, I think all the artifacts tied into heavy lore regarding one race is very stupid. The Marksmanship Bow, Fire Mage sword, Holy Priest Staff, Holy and Ret Paladin weapons... All of those just shouldn't have happened. They don't even have racial variants :/. Well, the bow you can make look NIGHT elvish, joy for an Orc Hunter right? And the Fire Mage sword even has you working alongside a blood elf I forget who, and he just hands it to you like "here's the most sacred sword of our people forged for King Anastarian and passed down from King to King. It's in your hands now Mr. Goblin Mage"

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    It's in your hands now Mr. Goblin Mage"
    Just think of it as: Let's say a Germanic soldier long ago finds an ancient and powerful caveman sword (yes I know...). He's not gonna not use it because a different species used it... he's gonna use it because he needs a powerful weapon. Just because the Doomhammer was forged and used by Orcs doesn't mean a Dwarf Shaman hero cant just use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
    Just think of it as: Let's say a Germanic soldier long ago finds an ancient and powerful caveman sword (yes I know...). He's not gonna not use it because a different species used it... he's gonna use it because he needs a powerful weapon. Just because the Doomhammer was forged and used by Orcs doesn't mean a Dwarf Shaman hero cant just use it.
    Something both powerful, race neutral and lore-friendly would have worked too. Like something to do with Ragnaros

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Race wise:

1. Night Elf
    2. Tauren
    3. Forsaken
    4. Worgen

Will benefit handsomely from Legion lore wise, especially Night elf and to a lesser extent Tauren - this is the night elf expansion.

5. Draenei - but class related. and human but hero related
    Blood elf has the demon hunter but otherwise subdued - they have been showing up consistently and strongly every expansion since TBC, they need a break. Orcs too aren't really a focus at all - for the first time ever. Humans too are almost non-existent, their appearance coming because of Khadgar and Jaina, but ont as a group only as an individual. Trolls, Gnomes, Dwarves (heroes only here), Pandas, all take a back seat.

Classes:
    1. Demon Hunter
    2. Mage
    3. Druid
    4. Priest
    5. Paladin/Warrior

then a bit of gap
    6. DKs get a very intresting chain
    7. Hunters get also a great path too

Funnily enough warlocks seem somewhat muted, I guess they're usually the demon lovers not haters like the Dh, rogues are relatively quiet too lore wise as are Shaman who got a huge focus in Cataclysm. Monks are almost non-existent, but again they had MoP
    Humans and pandaren appear throughout Legion. In fact this seems like the first expansion where nearly every race is featured in some facet.

I mean the Peak of Serenity is destroyed by the Legion and the Shado Pan and trainees are forced to retreat to the Wandering Isle (which becomes the Monk Class Order Hall).

If you're a shaman, to get the Fist of Ra'den, you go to the Peak of Serenity where you have to fight a Vrykul, Rehgar, Chen and Li Li. You're then given the artifact weapon by Xuen

Blizzard was pretty adamant about giving everybody something. The only two races that aren't having much going for them are the gnomes and goblins.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2016-08-29 at 02:35 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only two races that aren't having much going for them are the gnomes and goblins.
    BM hunter artifact and mechanical pets are not much going on?^^

#TEAMGIRAFFE