Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Arrow Mark of the Illidari

So is it time to return any leftover marks we have laying around to our DH alts? And while we're at it, we can apologize for screwing up the raid on Argus? The one that might have killed Kil'Jaeden once and for all?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Demon hunters and Illidan never went to Argus. They went to a place called Nathreza homeworld of the Nathrezim to get Seal of Argus. Pretty sure those marks are done for.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Demon hunters and Illidan never went to Argus. They went to a place called Nathreza homeworld of the Nathrezim to get Seal of Argus. Pretty sure those marks are done for.
    By killing Illidan we screwed up his plans for a raid on Argus. Might wanna read up on current lore before commenting on the lore forums.

That something planned as in the near future. In your words you stated "we can apologize for screwing up the raid on argus" which means by your words we screwed up the raid he was doing already. I know the current lore but you need to word your sentences a lot better.

Yeah we did that, but as preparation for a raid on Argus. That was the reason for getting the Seal. Illidan had actually traveled (in spirit form) to Argus, found Kil'Jaeden, and set up magical anchors for a portal. We were SO close to raid night... when some self-styled 'heroes' crashed the party and ruined it all.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I mean, sure.

Let's all apologize for the years-later-after-the-fact-justification for why Illidan's character was entirely retarded in Burning Crusade. To the point that they had to pull a Kerrigan and just go "uhhh well shit its because he's the chosen one or something" to try and pretend all the absolutely evil and horrible shit he did was actually alright all along.

I love most of what Legion offers. I think my biggest disappointment is that, in their effort to fix their mistake in BC, they pulled a Sylvanas-post-Wrath and just utterly and completely ruined Illidan's character.

It's hard to have a lot of passion for a storyline that amounts to "Oh shit we fucked up SUPER badly 8 years ago, now let's just do something completely over-the-top and character-ruining to fix it."
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-08-28 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I mean, sure.

Let's all apologize for the years-later-after-the-fact-justification for why Illidan's character was entirely retarded in Burning Crusade. To the point that they had to pull a Kerrigan and just go "uhhh well shit its because he's the chosen one or something" to try and pretend all the absolutely evil and horrible shit he did was actually alright all along.

I love most of what Legion offers. I think my biggest disappointment is that, in their effort to fix their mistake in BC, they pulled a Sylvanas-post-Wrath and just utterly and completely ruined Illidan's character.

It's hard to have a lot of passion for a storyline that amounts to "Oh shit we fucked up SUPER badly 8 years ago, now let's just do something completely over-the-top and character-ruining to fix it."
    Did anyone really need to turn this thread into unbridled bitching about Illidan changes in Legion?

- - - Updated - - -

That something planned as in the near future. In your words you stated "we can apologize for screwing up the raid on argus" which means by your words we screwed up the raid he was doing already. I know the current lore but you need to word your sentences a lot better.
    First of all I am not OP. Second of all we literally screwed up the raid on Argus by invading. The raid he was already doing succeeded bro, the item it was for might have gotten into different hands but it is still a victory for Azeroth. Raiding Black Temple fucked his plans for Argus and OP was totally right in what he said. Stop looking for reasons to be snarky.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, sure.

you can't deny that any product of fan-fiction need fan-service, in this case we are having Sylv/illidan, so just move on with the wave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by lorejunkay View Post
    Did anyone really need to turn this thread into unbridled bitching about Illidan changes in Legion?
    Well when the OP talks about apologizing for stopping Illidan, it should be noted that was a VERY recent retcon completely trying to justify Illidan's actions as anything other than self-serving.

So, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    you can't deny that any product of fan-fiction need fan-service, in this case we are having Sylv/illidan, so just move on with the wave.
    Accepting it and thinking its good are two different things. I've accepted it from the second I did those quests on the alpha. Anyhow, enough off topic. That wasn't my intention but the vodka made me do it.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-08-28 at 12:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Although I'm a little iffy on the whole Illidan Light-based redemption angle, I'm glad the character of Illidan was salvaged from TBC's close on him. Illidan was a complex anti-hero in the "War of the Ancients" and the subsequent RTS games, self-serving and prideful but ultimately good in his way (e.g. defeating Tichondrius, saving Tyrande, and his general desire to save Azeroth). He's done a multitude of terrible things as well. I hope Legion preserves that aspect of his character and he doesn't do a heel-face turn into Pollyanna goodness.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Well when the OP talks about apologizing for stopping Illidan, it should be noted that was a VERY recent retcon completely trying to justify Illidan's actions as anything other than self-serving.

So, yes.
    Its canon, bitching ain't gonna change that.

7+ Year Old Account
    You'll have to excuse two or three people here on the lore forum who cannot control themselves.

illidan went to argus in spirit form

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    You'll have to excuse two or three people here on the lore forum who cannot control themselves.
    Yes how dare anybody have a negative thing to say about bad storytelling.

- - - Updated - - -

Its canon, bitching ain't gonna change that.
    kay.

10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    So is it time to return any leftover marks we have laying around to our DH alts? And while we're at it, we can apologize for screwing up the raid on Argus? The one that might have killed Kil'Jaeden once and for all?
    I don't think a raid on Argus conducted by the Illidari would've worked in any case, if I recall correctly that was why Xe'ra pulled Illidan out of Argus near the ending of "Illidan" in the first place. He was able to set a portal touchstone down on Argus, but he nearly got himself destroyed in the process.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2016-08-28 at 04:01 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't think a raid on Argus conducted by the Illidari would've worked in any case, if I recall correctly that was why Xe'ra pulled Illidan out of Argus near the ending of "Illidan" in the first place. He was able to set a portal touchstone down on Argus, but he nearly got himself destroyed in the process.
    A raid is considered an invasion of a large group of people aiming to destroy the enemy. Illidan's plan was more subtle get in kill the leader get out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    A raid is considered an invasion of a large group of people aiming to destroy the enemy. Illidan's plan was more subtle get in kill the leader get out.
    I'd thought his plan was to do the same as he did to Nathreza for which he would need assistance if not a large force as a distraction. As it was he barely survived basic reconnaissance himself.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Deleted
    I'd thought his plan was to do the same as he did to Nathreza for which he would need assistance if not a large force as a distraction. As it was he barely survived basic reconnaissance himself.

It wouldn't have worked Kil'jaeden is too smart probably has an escape plan if the whole planet started to blow, an upclose attack on the other hand may have prevented his escape also Illidan had a bone to pick with him

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    It wouldn't have worked Kil'jaeden is too smart probably has an escape plan if the whole planet started to blow, an upclose attack on the other hand may have prevented his escape also Illidan had a bone to pick with him
    I'm not sure Illidan could take Kil'jaeden one on one - he was cowed by his appearance in Outland in WC3 and that was after his empowerment by the Skull of Gul'dan. Some kind of assassination might be possible, though.

Nah, he was planning to go to Argus together with his DHs to kill Kil'Jaeden & his generals inside KJ's palace. That's probably why he put the anchors inside the palace, so that they wouldn't have to fight through the entire demon force to reach KJ. Portal explosion is just the finishing touch. He nearly got destroyed because he was in spirit form, basically a soul without his body. He was pretty much helpless in that state, as he put it "his strength was not what it was when anchored by his corporeal form".

Also, in "Illidan", according to Akama, Illidan's power has grown beyond comprehension. It's not like he reached his peak in TFT - after all, didn't Maiev reveal that Illidan also took remnants of Sargeras' power inside the Tomb? That might have taken a while to digest.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-08-28 at 08:25 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.