Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Another thread is talking about the TTP being put off for a year before they decide to enact it or not. It's something maybe?
    TPP is tentatively dead, as long as Mitch McConnal holds to that decision and Democrats stand against it.

I think the Party (The Democrats) won't be giving Obama this one as it could jeopardize the election in November, if done in the Lame Duck it could ruin the DNC for awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    You get that those positions are not mutually consistent?
    Why not?

Britain has been an American trojan horse since 1982. Always sabotaging the continent for Washington.

TTIP would have been heavily in favor of USA and lowered EU health and consumer standards.

Both are bad for American foreign policy and good for continental Europe. The hat trick would be if Ukraine falls apart and the current American puppets get hanged in the streets of Kiev.

10+ Year Old Account
    You get that those positions are not mutually consistent?
    It is if they're from the mainland. Without the UK's MEPs, the free trade proponents in the European Parliament don't have enough votes.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Both are bad for American foreign policy and good for continental Europe. The hat trick would be if Ukraine falls apart and the current American puppets get hanged in the streets of Kiev.
    Not that I especially like the current Ukrainian regime, but what comes next, after Putin has uncontested hold over Ukraine? he will inevitably turn his eyes to Lithuania, and that's continental Europe ;]

TTIP never was expected to pass.

What will be shocking is if TTP fails to pass, it's one out of ever four dollars traded in the world.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

It makes me have to hold back vomit to think that it is the republicans that are preventing Obama from doing a lameduck pass on this. really feels fucking bizzaro, and it really is further proof that the Democrats are completely controlled by the donor class, it really would have been nice if the Liberal Jesus himself (Obama) fought as hard for single payer as he is for passing TPP literally against the public wishes of both parties and the general public.
    And then there is the media trying to spin it as Obama trying to cement his "legacy" in passing the TPP. WAT? Trying to "cement his legacy" by going out of office passing the most controversial trade agreement in our nations history? Glad to see the notion of being the first black president didn't affect the business as usual relationship between donors and politicians.
    Last edited by Glnger; 2016-08-28 at 09:07 PM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Deleted
    Why not?

Britain has been an American trojan horse since 1982. Always sabotaging the continent for Washington.
    Fine that way they work together - Was not the reasons i though you had though.

Fine that way they work together - Was not the reasons i though you had though.
    Oh don't worry. It will take him roughly 3 more posts before he starts ranting about our German Overlords and how we should all seek the loving embrace of Mother Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    W

That went from 0 to 100 to reaaaaaallllllll fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Oh don't worry. It will take him roughly 3 more posts before he starts ranting about our German Overlords and how we should all seek the loving embrace of Mother Russia.
    But I prefer our Germanic overlords,

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, I do wonder if I should move to Brittany if America goes full TPP.

I mean via my biological father I can get Irish citizenship, avoid UK and the Brexit train and take a boat to France and set up in Brittany. I've wanted to learn Breton's anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    But I prefer our Germanic overlords,
    Ein volk, Ein Europa, Ein Commisioner.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    It is if they're from the mainland. Without the UK's MEPs, the free trade proponents in the European Parliament don't have enough votes.
    True, and even before it was unlikely to pass - a shame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    IT always amused me that UKIP was for the trade treaty - (Hint, it undercuts UK sovereignty too)

Deleted
    IT always amused me that UKIP was for the trade treaty - (Hint, it undercuts UK sovereignty too)
    Were they? Ahah

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Were they? Ahah
    I think so? - Tbh i never gave them much attention beyond mocking them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. I favor consumer protections over corporate subsidy.

Deleted
    I think so? - Tbh i never gave them much attention beyond mocking them.
    That would be absolutely comical. Can anyone confirm?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Good. I favor consumer protections over corporate subsidy.
    You can still have a successful industry without shitting on consumer protection anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    You can still have a successful industry without shitting on consumer protection anyway.
    Oh yeah totally. But this trade deal wasn't that, and historically the US is pretty lax about consumer protections in comparison to the EU. I mean, look at the shit we put into our food.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Oh yeah totally. But this trade deal wasn't that, and historically the US is pretty lax about consumer protections in comparison to the EU. I mean, look at the shit we put into our food.
    Yes it's absurd. This trade really was about lowering standards in europe to allow US companies to access it. And a thousand other shoddy things

This is too good to be true. I'm sceptic, still.