Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Why buy an extreme amount of servers that are useless after 48-72 hours?
    With cloud computing you can buy those servers by the hour. Don't know if they use anyone else's data centers for WoW, but the ability to meet demand is available with the right infrastructure.

7+ Year Old Account
    hope very shitty, so i have some entertainment while waiting for the game to arrive for me!

Formerly known as Arafal

i wonder what zone will be the less chosen as the initial one, my bet go on highmountain
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Gamewise, it's the least bottleneck expansion of them all. You will be moving around the world all the time.

Besides a DDoS attack, don't see many problems happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other than the new sharding system, and new servers setups, no?

Just hope they're going to tune down the phasing, for the sake of roleplayers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account

No one go to Stormheim first it sucks trust me.

If you pick Stormheim, you'll be fucked anyway. So that alone is shitty as of right now. Literally the intro quest is broken and a mob isn't' respawning.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    If you pick Stormheim, you'll be fucked anyway. So that alone is shitty as of right now. Literally the intro quest is broken and a mob isn't' respawning.
    K I meant no one go to Highmountain it sucks trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Cata and MoP launched perfectly on my EU server.
    As did Reaper of Souls.

Well, launches in general haven't been THAT bad, at least compared to what people act like they remember (granted I didn't play MoP launch night). I can't recall Wrath launch night but I do remember the horrible shit that occured during the pre-patch in terms of dcs/server downage and shit. Cata wasn't that bad, WoD would not have been bad had it not been for the one stupid item you had to click that bugged out while opening up your garrison. So launch probably won't be shitty, but there is definitely potential for bugs with the large amount of scenarios and stuff that you'll have to deal with.

Well in my own experience, launches have generally been pretty solid considering the massive amount of players trying to get on at once. WoD was an exception, it was borderline unplayable as horde for a while because of the damn garrison bug and there were a fair amount of crashes (in part due to DDoS) the first day before things steadied out. But I played every expansion but TBC (was shortly before I started playing) and they were all 100% playable for me from the start. I've also been on a low pop server my entire WoW career so even when there was a queue it was only a half hour at most. Server queues on high pop realms are another matter entirely.

They have taken measures this time, they've done stress tests on Beta and they have new phasing systems to make it more enjoyable for people, plus as far as I know there is no piece of shit that can only be clicked by one person at a time with 5,000 people standing on top of it to get started. Note this will not make high queues or useless human beings DDoSing go away.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2016-08-28 at 06:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Finnish Nerd Absolutely horrible. Better just to delete the game from your computer and spare yourself the pain. Can I have your stuff?
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Shit, mate, half that card can be filled out before the launch even. Remember, most marks on the list can be said/done/announced by any unhappy or whining person.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Does hiding in RFC and having low lvl mobs smack you around for hours still stop you from getting logged off for being AFK?

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Has Blizzard ever once had a successful launch?

The answer is no. There will be plenty of shit for the first week or two, but sometimes, that's just what makes it fun, Blizzard-style, entertainment come launch days
    It all depends on the server you play on and how quickly you do things. Even with the clusterfuck garrison issue in WoD there were people that got ahead of the herd and were gaining levels while the masses stood around talking about /c span. Mop, Cata and Wrath all went well from my side of things. I know people had issue I didn't run into any. I have been lucky though and things that seemed to hit my servers or the masses happened while I was sleeping so I missed it and rested up to keep on going when it was over.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Lets face it, It doesn't matter how many DDoS attacks,Crashes or even World server is down issues there are it still wont be as half as cancerous as WoDs launch.

With that said it will be smooth for a launch, With the new phasing and non linear leveling spreading out the heard over multiple zones, it will be quite smooth for a Launch event.

The answer is no. There will be plenty of shit for the first week or two, but sometimes, that's just what makes it fun, Blizzard-style, entertainment come launch days
    The cataclysm launch was really smooth for me atleast

Deleted
    So thats why i start a week after patch.

Overwatch launch was flawless.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.