Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Um did you miss something, British Independence Day was June 23rd, it is not a European country anymore. 17 million dumb people you say? Wow you must be a clever one.
    Take a look at a map you numbnuts.

Plus the UK is 100% an EU country still, until article 50 gets invoked. The chances of which are slim. And even if it were to be invoked, there's no guarantee you'll get your Brexit at the end of the negotiations. Or that the United Kingdom would actually survive that as a united political entity.

And guess what. Yes. 17 million people in the UK are dumb. Or racist. Or both, as those things do go hand in hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

Plus the UK is 100% an EU country still, until article 50 gets invoked. The chances of which are slim. And even if it were to be invoked, there's no guarantee you'll get your Brexit at the end of the negotiations. Or that the United Kingdom would actually survive that as a united political entity.

And guess what. Yes. 17 million people in the UK are dumb. Or racist. Or both, as those things do go hand in hand.
    You're the one who looks a thicko here mate

Do you want UN sanctions? Because this is how you get UN sanctions.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    @Tennisace

WHAT SHOULD WE DO!
    Well I don't really care much for the UK and found it to be a really dreary place when I visited. That said this is certainly a problem that they have to deal with themselves. Would love to see Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour party elected personally...

Sounds like it could be a good idea - if it adheres to the actual premise of what rights are, things that are yours unto yourself (your right to speak, your right to your property, your right against self-incrimination, your right against unreasonable searches, etc) and not what it's been perverted into, a language of crap that government will use force to take from someone else and give to you (like the asinine notion that anyone has a "right" to a paid vacation outside a contract that provides for one). Yes, the UDHR is a joke.

7+ Year Old Account

Plus the UK is 100% an EU country still, until article 50 gets invoked.
    No the UK is not an EU country any more, only in your dreams.

After that statement to find a racist you only need to look in the mirror.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Well I don't really care much for the UK and found it to be a really dreary place when I visited. That said this is certainly a problem that they have to deal with themselves. Would love to see Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour party elected personally...
    Is there nothing Canada can do? Arnt they beginning more aid to the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Do you want UN sanctions? Because this is how you get UN sanctions.
    How in the hell is a bill of rights going to be justification for sanctions?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Why? 17 million people can't be dumb. Most people are dumb. They just tend to listen to people who aren't. Then there is the kind of stupid, who is stupid, and doesn't like people who aren't because he can't understand all the odd words like statistics, projection, GDP, regulatory framework.

Let's see a timeline of events since the Brexit vote.

-Government calling the referendum but opposing Brexit, washes its hands and quits.
    -Main proponents and main campaigners all quit, without actually providing a path to exit or taking responsibility for it. They also backtrack on every single domestic policy promise they made and backtrack on most foreign policy ones.
    -Hate crime, racist attacks soar. The country is politically divided, Scotland talks of independence, but this time there isn't much opposition to the idea from Europe.
    -A unelected Tory government is formed. 'cuz ya know...Democracy has spoken and all that.
    -Unelected Tory government continues to fail to come out with anything resembling a path to exit, or even a time frame to when they initiate the process. Soon™.

Yeah...have fun in your realm of delusions.

- - - Updated - - -

When exactly was article 50 invoked? I'm waiting? When?

Plus I do swear to God want UK to invoke article 50. I'm not kidding. I mean it. Please. The sooner the better. It should have been invoked the day after the vote.

But we are keeping Scotland if they want to stay (which they do) and England can go bye bye fuck off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    as a life long labour support, this is possibly the single worst situation I can imagine, He is in no way suitable for leading a country, or the Labour Party. As it stands at the moment, if there was a general election called with May and Corbyn as the candidates, I would still vote Labour, but I know for a fact that May would win on a landslide. Corbyn has all the political gravitas of a dead duck.

Your name could not be more appropriate.

The UK has not left the EU, it will not leave the EU for several years at the very least. We did not suddenly vanish from the EU when the referendum was done, nothing has happened yet. We are still in the EU.

Secondly, the guy you're responding to did not say "EU", he said "European country", which the UK is whether it's a member of the EU or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Everything he stated is completely accurate. If you think otherwise, you mate, are the thicko.

7+ Year Old Account
    When exactly was article 50 invoked? I'm waiting? When?
    We are not an EU country because any EU legislation that historically affects us is in danger of being repealed. No future EU legislation applies should our sovereign parliament decide it doesn't.

No EU citizen can currently move to the UK and be confident they will be given indefinite leave to remain. etc etc

Plus I do swear to God want UK to invoke article 50. I'm not kidding. I mean it. Please. The sooner the better. It should have been invoked the day after the vote.
    I agree totally, however the serving of Article 50 is an EU requirement and as you now know, EU legislation past and present does not necessarily apply.

All that is required is the repeal of the 1972 European Communities Act and we can be formally out next Monday. Informally we are out already.
    Whether to use Arcticle 50 or repeal of the 1972 act is being debated now. But it doesn't matter, we are in reality out already.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Its about time... Right now any Terrorist scum can abuse it and say that his victimized in his country and he may die if deported (Abu Hamza say hello here).... So ?? Terrorist die... anyone have a problem with this?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post

No, it wasn't.
    No one can know for sure why 17 million voted for Brexit, for some it might have been immigration issues, for others it most certainly could have been about the ridiculous Human Rights Act.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It's torries writing it, that's all you need to know. The same people (May included) who have doctored multiple government reports to influence legislation that suits their own conservative agendas.
    I don't like the torries, sure. But better them writing it than whatever the hell Labour is supposed to be at the moment.

Either way, we'll have to see what they do.

No one can know for sure why 17 million voted for Brexit, for some it might have been immigration issues, for others it most certainly could have been about the ridiculous Human Rights Act.
    Seemed like it was about racism and ignorance to me.

We are not an EU country because any EU legislation that historically affects us is in danger of being repealed. No future EU legislation applies should our sovereign parliament decide it doesn't.

No EU citizen can currently move to the UK and be confident they will be given indefinite leave to remain. etc etc

I agree totally, however the serving of Article 50 is an EU requirement and as you now know, EU legislation past and present does not necessarily apply.

All that is required is the repeal of the 1972 European Communities Act and we can be formally out next Monday. Informally we are out already.
    Whether to use Arcticle 50 or repeal of the 1972 act is being debated now. But it doesn't matter, we are in reality out already.
    Not how it works.

The UK is part of a network of mutually binding treaty obligations. It can absolutely exit the EU immediately but that would mean an instant economic suicide, as the day after British businesses would no longer be able to operate on the international markets, the stock market would crash and so on.

Article 50 is the mechanism that would allow the UK to make that process to some degree orderly.

The free movement of EU citizens in the UK will remain even after Brexit. This is an absolute certainty for 2 reasons, it's an unmanageable problem that cuts both ways, and the free movement of people is a non negotiable element for British access to EU markets. Countries like Norway who aren't part of the EU still abide by these rules.

There is a reason why Brexit hasn't happened. There's no practical way of doing it without delivering the shittiest deal that everyone will absolutely hate.

If UK assumes a similar position as Norway, then Brexiters get nothing they wanted, if the UK cuts itself off from the EU it commits economic suicide.

Again, I don't care. Just fucking do it. Don't circle jerk around your idiotic referendum then endlessly postpone any action on it whatsoever.

Deleted
    The clue is in the name, a British Bill of Rights has nothing to do with the European ill conceived Human Rights Act.
    The referendum wasn't about any of this though.

Um, part of the "anti-EU" sentiment was certainly fuelled by perceived abuse of the Human Rights Act. There will most certianly have been people for whom that was the reason they voted in favour of Brexit. To pretend it wasn't any part of the decision or vote result is ... well, wrong.

As you were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I am fascinated by the fools who think that referendum was about more than EU membership.
    Pray tell, what has Pakistani or Indian immigrants have to do with this vote? What would leaving EU solve in this regard? You can get Polish plumbers out (except those with citizenship), but not others.
    Or are all the racists coming out of the woodworks? Well, statistics of hate crime says they did xD And as we know, racists are dumb...