Worth rerolling from EU to US

So I recently moved from the U.K to the east coast of the U.S I am curious as to whether it is worth rerolling a US account. I still have time to use the 100 boost and legion events to be at least semi-decently geared going into legion. Most of my recent raiding has been guild alt runs doing heroic and some mythic content but, due to the time difference, I will no longer be able to make those. I haven't done progression raiding for years and dont have any intentions to start again. Is it possible to find a causal raiding guild that doesn't require a certain attendance % yet still raids weekly, and isn't just full of bad players? If i stay on EU servers how much PUG raiding and PVP happens after about 1am EU server time. My latency to EU servers is around 120ms which I find Ok. I'm curious if anyone has been in a similar position and found it worth rerolling or regretted losing the time and effort put into their other account

They might be able to switch your account over from EU to USA, would talk to them about it.

I've been in a similar situation - moved from the US to the EU.

Depends what you're trying to do - finding PvE raids starting around 1am would be extremely hard. I've only seen one such guild advertisement in the years i've been playing on EU servers. PvP might be slightly easier, but I honestly doubt the choice would be much better. Possible option would be a weekend-only guild, but those aren't that easy to find either and times would probably be bad for you as well

If you are only trying to casually play it shouldn't be an issue.

I left (well, technically still have) my old account with 4 max-level chars (60 at that point, with AQ40 up to C'Thun & starting on Naxx). Quite good account as well. Tried finding early-raiding guilds but didn't have much success. Other option was to raid early morning (2-3-4am CET) which was tiring as well. I wouldn't think twice and reroll to a new account - the logistics of trying to manage it at off-hours would be too tiring and frankly not worth it.

P.S. In the past the stance of Blizz in such cases was to not "move" the account over at least for WoW. Almost sure it's the same scenario as well and they can't simply turn on a setting and swap you over. A new account would be the only option (although you could link them I believe).
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    They might be able to switch your account over from EU to USA, would talk to them about it.
    That is most likely a negative. They'll just ask you to create a new account.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That is most likely a negative. They'll just ask you to create a new account.
    If he did, they should be able to move his toons over to the new account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Blizzard doesn't convert EU licenses over to US licenses or visa versa including the transferring of characters, mounts or items from one to another. The only option is to buy a new license and reroll. And yes, it's worth it. Having to schedule your activities to impossible times overseas is too frustrating, inconvenient and often not worth it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I play on Stormrage (East coast server) from New Zealand, and I don't find 200ms - 250ms bad at all. I know I could be playing on Oceanic servers, but I already have a guild here with raid times that suit me.

Deleted
    Paid character transfer from one WoW account to another costs 20€ per character. There's absolutely no way they'd do it for him for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Paid character transfer from one WoW account to another costs 20€ per character. There's absolutely no way they'd do it for him for free.
    Transferring between different licenses in different regions isn't even possible anyways. No matter how much one is willing to pay.

Depends on how invested you are in your old account.

First off Blizzard won't swap or merge it. It's really annoying (I moved and lost 3 collectors editons and a chance at that thrall bust) but its legacy thing that isn't changing. That said for lag and play times I'd probably suggest you move if you're staying in the US. As said above the advantages of being online at a time everyone else is raiding and running instances is invaluable.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is sadly as well, a negative. Or, they have at least not permitted it before.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never heard of a case where they let someone transfer characters across regions. Not even in case of people that are partnered or have been partnered with blizzard at one point in time. They just don't do that. Even if it might be possible.

Thanks for the replies, the consensus is that it seems to be worthwhile. I'll send a ticket to a GM on the off chance that they can link achievements or even transfer characters. I know it has been a complete no-go in the past due to EU and US being separate somewhat independent subsidiaries but you never know what you may get by asking.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moraith View Post
    So I recently moved from the U.K to the east coast of the U.S I am curious as to whether it is worth rerolling a US account. I still have time to use the 100 boost and legion events to be at least semi-decently geared going into legion. Most of my recent raiding has been guild alt runs doing heroic and some mythic content but, due to the time difference, I will no longer be able to make those. I haven't done progression raiding for years and dont have any intentions to start again. Is it possible to find a causal raiding guild that doesn't require a certain attendance % yet still raids weekly, and isn't just full of bad players? If i stay on EU servers how much PUG raiding and PVP happens after about 1am EU server time. My latency to EU servers is around 120ms which I find Ok. I'm curious if anyone has been in a similar position and found it worth rerolling or regretted losing the time and effort put into their other account
    It depends. Are you okay with the time zone difference and a ping over 100ms ? if no you should come to the U.S realm.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    It depends. Are you okay with the time zone difference and a ping over 100ms ? if no you should come to the U.S realm.
    I am, I was just curious if other people had been in the same situation and switched and if they felt it was worth the trade off of starting a new account.

it used to be the case where paid character transfers from EU to US was impossible and i would assume it still is the case.

Ya absolutely 0 chance they will swap the accounts or the characters or anything at all between regions. Have tried many many times.

Regardless, I think its worth having both accounts now. Its so easy to level characters, and there is such a low baseline at which these characters can be useful.
    The main reason to consider it is if you actually have people to play with on US.
    If not, there is no point. There are plenty of guilds in EU that will raid during the hours you may be available in the East Coast. Its only 5 hours apart.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That is sadly as well, a negative. Or, they have at least not permitted it before.
    Why not? They are both on the same Battle.Net account? I've transfered between two of my accounts. Or is it because it is EU to US?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Why not? They are both on the same Battle.Net account? I've transfered between two of my accounts. Or is it because it is EU to US?
    You sadly can't transfer between regions. That is why.