10+ Year Old Account
    Dw @Chelly I got you covered for smug.

10+ Year Old Account
    This made me chuckle.

https://www.change.org/p/the-united-...nime-and-manga

Especially the reasons.

For years, anime and manga have been a blight on any country unfortunate enough to have access to them. This is a serious problem that needs to be addressed, as anime and manga can have numerous dangerous impacts on a nation.

Anime encourages social ineptitude. Many anime fans, instead of pursuing real relationships, are encouraged by anime to have a "waifu" or "husbando," an anime character they have romantic feelings for, to substitute a real person. As mentioned prior, anime fans often hide away in their rooms watching anime and not going out into public, preventing social interaction.

So I forced myself to watch another nine episodes of The Irregular at Magic Highschool before giving up again.

First of all, yes I am aware that this is an adaptation of a LN, and the LN is undoubtedly better. No, I'm not going to read it. I'd rather spend my time watching anime ATM. An anime needs to stand on it's own; you know somethings bad when your 14 episodes into a show and still have no idea how the core gimmick of the series works or who all the factions are, and constantly have to refer to the wiki to understand the plot, and the story arcs themselves have alot of buildup for little pay off. I'm over halfway through anyways, so I might consider finishing it for the sake of it. At the current rate however, I don't see this getting more than a 4/10 (bad), the same rating as SAO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    @Artorius Should see a new chapter of Chihayafuru in a week or so, next volume of BE LOVE comes out 9/1 and should have a new chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    So I forced myself to watch another nine episodes of The Irregular at Magic Highschool before giving up again.

First of all, yes I am aware that this is an adaptation of a LN, and the LN is undoubtedly better. No, I'm not going to read it. I'd rather spend my time watching anime ATM. An anime needs to stand on it's own; you know somethings bad when your 14 episodes into a show and still have no idea how the core gimmick of the series works or who all the factions are, and constantly have to refer to the wiki to understand the plot, and the story arcs themselves have alot of buildup for little pay off. I'm over halfway through anyways, so I might consider finishing it for the sake of it. At the current rate however, I don't see this getting more than a 4/10 (bad), the same rating as SAO.
    If you don't like it, don't watch it

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    why is she so perfect

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Sometimes an anime is so revered by so many that I will continue on even if it's not blowing me away. In the case of what he was watching, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    It's the same problem I had with SAO; I want to watch it because the premise is so good and the first few episodes were so compelling that I continue to watch it in the hope that it will recapture it's initial magic or do something creative with the premise. I'm not alone in this; Digibro outright cites this as the reason why he continued with SAO despite hating it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    why is she so perfect

Orange 9 - Underwhelming episode again. I'm not one to really nitpick manga vs. anime, but this adaptation is focusing on a lot of very secondary things. The whole Kakeru and Naho being retardedly beta is being played up so fucking much. I'm almost to the point where I don't want to watch anymore until it's done airing.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    It's the same problem I had with SAO; I want to watch it because the premise is so good and the first few episodes were so compelling that I continue to watch it in the hope that it will recapture it's initial magic or do something creative with the premise. I'm not alone in this; Digibro outright cites this as the reason why he continued with SAO despite hating it.
    Best be careful mentioning that name around here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Best girl material right there
    Show? Is it Tales? Trying to tell from art.

ReZero: Solid episode but fuck that end. I was so sad to start hearing the ED.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Best be careful mentioning that name around here.
    Why is mentioning Digi the Wise something to be careful of?

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with SAO's anime is that they tried to make it into an action anime without giving any attention to the deeper side of it.

I won't deny it, the anime is far from being something amazing. It's actually pretty bad most of the time.

But the LNs are actually great, Mother's Rosario best book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm...a bit to much steins gate + gate inspired:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

ReLIFE 142 - I was waiting for Kaizaki to lose his shit a little. This little funk he's been in has been frustrating to watch.

I actually like my creation quite a bit, especially the multicolored hair that's reminiscent of Hijiri Byakuren. Definitely a waifu for laifu. I give my thanks to the poster of the original link.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Show? Is it Tales? Trying to tell from art.

ReZero: Solid episode but fuck that end. I was so sad to start hearing the ED.
    Yeah, it is tales.

I swear this is like the third time I've seen Tennisace banned.

Also finished Re:Zero for the week. Overall happy enough with it; it moved at a good clip and I consider the Witch's Cult to be more relevant than the White Whale. The cliffhanger is also curious, so I guess things go crazy next episode.

Alderamin 8: I actually cared about Kanna's death. It was foreshadowed pretty heavily though.

Alright team, 4 episode of anime in 4 days. We're on the come up.