There is no such thing as "wasting" Vulnerable uptime. If you think about it, it makes absolutely no sense in this scenario we're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    There is no such thing as "wasting" Vulnerable uptime. If you think about it, it makes absolutely no sense in this scenario we're talking about.

Azortharion is right, you want to keep it up as much as you can. I only average above 70ish%, I am sure he is around 90+

Deleted

in the SW - MS - Barrage scenario we might actually struggle to get a 2nd aimed shot into the uptime windows (talking about roughly 20% haste here), where as in the SW - Barrage - MS scenario we won't have that problem and MS still benefits from vulnerable debuff (the one from SW). And we delay barrage for one additional second which can come down to missing 1 or 2 casts of barrage throughout a fight.

where is the mistake in this logic?
    Last edited by mmocf662b86ea7; 2016-08-28 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsab11 View Post
    in the SW - MS - Barrage scenario we might actually struggle to get a 2nd aimed shot into the uptime windows (talking about roughly 20% haste here), where as in the SW - Barrage - MS scenario we won't have that problem and MS still benefits from vulnerable debuff (the one from SW). And we delay barrage for one additional second which can come down to missing 1 or 2 casts of barrage throughout a fight.

where is the mistake in this logic?
    You won't struggle to get an Aimed Shot into the uptime window, and if you do, you would have been unable to do that anyway.

You spend the same focus, it's just about when you spend it. I don't know how much focus we're meant to have in the scenario he asked about, but if we assume a start of 70.

Sidewinders basically takes us to near-cap, we Marked, then Barrage, and we pretty easily get 2 Aimed Shots in in this case.

or

Sidewinders basically takes us to near cap, we Barrage, then Marked, and still get 2 Aimed Shots into the Vulnerable window that follows.

You only have X focus to play around with, how you spend it doesn't matter as long as you don't spend it on Aimeds outside Vuln, and you don't overcap.

So with the recent changes, do either MoC or Volley outperform barrage now? I'm beginning to hate that talent.

Will it be best to level with MM or BM? Does BM outperform MM in dungeons etc? Not sure which is best to put artifact points into

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafter View Post
    Will it be best to level with MM or BM? Does BM outperform MM in dungeons etc? Not sure which is best to put artifact points into
    Have you read literally any of this thread? This information has been regurgitated many times over.

Deleted
    What talents will be used for MM in Legion for Dungeons/Raiding?

Pleased to say I've submitted the Legion guides for all 3 specs to Icy-Veins and they should be up sometime before release. There will also be a bit of a "leveling guide" with basics.

Deleted
    Pleased to say I've submitted the Legion guides for all 3 specs to Icy-Veins and they should be up sometime before release. There will also be a bit of a "leveling guide" with basics.
    Im going to assume that these have the best artifact tree choices as well if so thats great Thanks

Thanks Azo, much appreciated

Awesome Thank you.

Deleted
    You won't struggle to get an Aimed Shot into the uptime window, and if you do, you would have been unable to do that anyway.

You spend the same focus, it's just about when you spend it. I don't know how much focus we're meant to have in the scenario he asked about, but if we assume a start of 70.

Sidewinders basically takes us to near-cap, we Marked, then Barrage, and we pretty easily get 2 Aimed Shots in in this case.

or

Sidewinders basically takes us to near cap, we Barrage, then Marked, and still get 2 Aimed Shots into the Vulnerable window that follows.

You only have X focus to play around with, how you spend it doesn't matter as long as you don't spend it on Aimeds outside Vuln, and you don't overcap.
    If you do SW MS barrage you have a shorter window as if you do SW barrage MS, thats what he was trying to say. This could come into play in several situations, for example if you have to move.

And the reason for him doing SW barrage MS is obviosly that you don t have to delay barrage, and nothing focus related. Your right that you can just spend so much focus anyway, but thats not an argument against the advantage of not delaying barrage.

And thx for the great work ur doing here azo. Your youtube video on the artefact weapon and ur guids are very helpfull!
    Last edited by mmoc5265a260e8; 2016-08-29 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aerlins View Post
    If you do SW MS barrage you have a shorter window as if you do SW barrage MS, thats what he was trying to say.

And the reason for him doing SW barrage MS is obviosly that you don t have to delay barrage, and nothing focus related.
    The length of the window doesn't really matter as long as it's enough to put the Aimed Shots you want in it, really. The reason the guide says Marked Shot > Barrage is 1) the 2pc, and 2) because it guarantees the Marked Shot is in Vulnerable.

The length of the window doesn't really matter as long as it's enough to put the Aimed Shots you want in it, really. The reason the guide says Marked Shot > Barrage is 1) the 2pc, and 2) because it guarantees the Marked Shot is in Vulnerable.
    Also I believe you want to prioritize getting MS onto adds that might die during the duration of Barrage. That's missed MS scaling damage there.

So with the recent changes, do either MoC or Volley outperform barrage now? I'm beginning to hate that talent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stangerlift View Post
    Also I believe you want to prioritize getting MS onto adds that might die during the duration of Barrage. That's missed MS scaling damage there.
    Depends. In raw instantaneous DPS yes, but you could also Barrage into dying adds to stack up Bullseye and increase your useful damage instead of padding. Or is this about prepatch?

@Azortharion you have said sevral times that the trueeshoot cd reduction trait is bad, or it can breack a fight. what do you mean by that? yes I know to go for it last, but you have me interested.

also, on a side note once I lose 4p should I hold barrage/lnl charges if I know a movement phase is coming?
    Last edited by eathdemon; 2016-08-29 at 03:45 AM.

It's either very good or a wasted point. If it doesn't give you an extra Trueshot in the fight, then it's useless.

It's either very good or a wasted point. If it doesn't give you an extra Trueshot in the fight, then it's useless.
    Add to this that it's entirely possible it'll break almost any fight at *extreme* gear levels; There's some pretty nifty synergies going on with the various gear and traits. Let's recap:

Baseline: 40% haste + Marking targets on every sidewinder regardless of procs.

Artifact: 50% Crit dmg (bigger crits).
    Artifact: 30-60 seconds reduction on the CD (depending on your chosen relics; How much of a gain / loss this would be compared to other traits/relics depends entirely on the amount of trueshots fit into the fight as Azor stated).

4 Pc: 50% Focus cost reduction (probably not super useful as you'll have plenty of passive focus from using sidewinders for Marked shot procs/baseline focus regen, but still; MORE FOCUS, means popping Trueshot at zero focus to deal with an add will get you back up and running at full power instantly).
    2 Pc: Reduces CD of trueshot by 1 second every 20 focus spent.

Legendary boots: Reduces CD of Trueshot by 1 second every shot you fire.

As you can see, the cooldown can be reduced to 2 minutes baseline, and with legendary+2pc, every aimed shot you fire takes a further 3.5 seconds off of the cooldown; Essentially, we're looking at trueshot sitting at an effective cooldown of (probably) under 1 minute. Likewise, Trueshot becomes an *insane* on-demand burst cooldown; Your focus regen gets an adrenaline pump, your spendage gets cut in half, you hit harder, you hit faster, you don't rely on procs to get vuln on new adds anymore etc... MM essentially becomes GODS of frequent-spawning high priority adds (think of Gorefiend, Kilrogg, and Xhul).

Will it be the highest possible dps? Unlikely. That all depends if you manage to fit an extra Trueshot or not into the fight.

Does it have the ability to break a fight? Abso-fucking-lutely it does. Hunters being able to pretty much on-demand press a button that doubles their DPS for 15 seconds will be *insane* for add control, and allow other classes with even better singletarget etc to not switch, because hunters will be so fucking good at dealing with high priority targets. Which I am fucking stoked about, because fuck yes that is why I enjoy playing a hunter, so I can carry the raid mechanic-wise.