Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Um, part of the "anti-EU" sentiment was certainly fuelled by perceived abuse of the Human Rights Act. There will most certianly have been people for whom that was the reason they voted in favour of Brexit. To pretend it wasn't any part of the decision or vote result is ... well, wrong.

As you were.
    Yeah sure ok but the referendum was about Brexit, not changing the human rights act. Linking the two would be dishonest. Get a referendum to change the bill and than we can talk about numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Um, part of the "anti-EU" sentiment was certainly fuelled by perceived abuse of the Human Rights Act. There will most certianly have been people for whom that was the reason they voted in favour of Brexit. To pretend it wasn't any part of the decision or vote result is ... well, wrong.

As you were.
    Putin had Russia's long term ally Assad terrorize the Sunni Syrians and drive them into the EU like cattle where they would become refugees, the goal being to destabilize the EU, looks like it worked. The refugees were worth 1 or 2 percentage points at least and the Brexit vote to leave was very close.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Putin had Russia's long term ally Assad terrorize the Sunni Syrians and drive them into the EU like cattle where they would become refugees, the goal being to destabilize the EU, looks like it worked. The refugees were worth 1 or 2 percentage points at least and the Brexit vote to leave was very close.
    If Putin is the kind of mastermind who can concoct that level of plan, then maybe he should lead the world since apparently he is a genius and psychic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Quoting so it cant be deleted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

Article 50 is the mechanism that would allow the UK to make that process to some degree orderly.
    It may not be in British interests to make that transition orderly. For now the EU position is no discussion before Article 50 is served. The British position is no Article 50 before discussions. So far this stalemate holds but for sure the EU has been warned this cannot go on forever. Once EU citizens have been given the chance to stock up on basic provisions of water and food as advised by Merkel just a couple of days ago, EU inspectors have gone house to house to check people have complied with these legal requirements, Britain can and will just leave the next day, along with its 400 million a week charity donation to Brussels.

Britain is prepared to give the EU some time to cope with our departure, but the goodwill is not going to last forever.

The free movement of EU citizens in the UK will remain even after Brexit.
    No, this is a red line for Britain. The EU have been warned this is unacceptable and have again been given time to come up with a solution.If the EU does not accept there will be no free movement of people, and continues to delay, again at some point the stalemate will fall, the UK leaves the next day, again along with its charity donation to Brussels.

If UK assumes a similar position as Norway.
    Britain is not interested in the deal Norway has, it is unacceptable to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Yeah sure ok but the referendum was about Brexit, not changing the human rights act. Linking the two would be dishonest. Get a referendum to change the bill and than we can talk about numbers.
    No linking the two is relevant to Brexit. It clearly demonstrates how EU legislation past and present no longer applies to the UK directly as a result of the Brexit vote. It is the first of many bad EU laws to go and as I said before shows exactly why in reality we are no longer a part of the EU.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    It may not be in British interests to make that transition orderly. For now the EU position is no discussion before Article 50 is served. The British position is no Article 50 before discussions. So far this stalemate holds but for sure the EU has been warned this cannot go on forever. Once EU citizens have been given the chance to stock up on basic provisions of water and food as advised by Merkel just a couple of days ago, EU inspectors have gone house to house to check people have complied with these legal requirements, Britain can and will just leave the next day, along with its 400 million a week charity donation to Brussels.

Britain is prepared to give the EU some time to cope with our departure, but the goodwill is not going to last forever.

No, this is a red line for Britain. The EU have been warned this is unacceptable and have again been given time to come up with a solution.If the EU does not accept there will be no free movement of people, and continues to delay, again at some point the stalemate will fall, the UK leaves the next day, again along with its charity donation to Brussels.

No linking the two is relevant to Brexit. It clearly demonstrates how EU legislation past and present no longer applies to the UK directly as a result of the Brexit vote. It is the first of many bad EU laws to go and as I said before shows exactly why in reality we are no longer a part of the EU.
    What you said has nothing to do with either the claim you made or the question I asked.

Deleted

The vote was about removing as many bad European rules and regulations from British life as possible.
    Yeah but the EHCR - actually, Has nothing to do with the EU and is wholly separate with a different court and all.

- - - Updated - - -

We are not an EU country because any EU legislation that historically affects us is in danger of being repealed.
    Nope.
    No future EU legislation applies should our sovereign parliament decide it doesn't.
    Yes it does.
    No EU citizen can currently move to the UK
    Yes they can.

and be confident they will be given indefinite leave to remain. etc etc
    They couldn't that five years ago either.

I agree totally, however the serving of Article 50 is an EU requirement and as you now know, EU legislation past and present does not necessarily apply.
    Yes it does.
    All that is required is the repeal of the 1972 European Communities Act and we can be formally out next Monday.
    Cool - Then you are in legal limbo, exiting the EU illegally - That would be awesome - please do - it would be the only fucking way you could fuck this up any more.
    Informally we are out already.
    Nope'.
    Whether to use Arcticle 50 or repeal of the 1972 act is being debated now.
    No its not -
    But it doesn't matter, we are in reality out already.
    nope

The clue is in the name, a British Bill of Rights has nothing to do with the European ill conceived Human Rights Act.
    The Human Rights Act of 1998 is UK legislation. That sorted out some issues between their idiotic sovereignty of parliament doctrine and ECHR. ECHR is not an institution of the European Union, it's an institution of Council of Europe. UK said nothing about leaving the Council. And since all CoE nations are bound by the European Convention, repealing the Human Rights Act and introducing British Bill of Rights that shits on the human rights UK conservatives are salty about is going to change only one thing: the amount of cases in Strasbourg against UK will increase. And UK will lose them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    If Putin is the kind of mastermind who can concoct that level of plan, then maybe he should lead the world since apparently he is a genius and psychic.
    he probably engineered the Arab spring to destabilize Libya and start the rebellion in Syria too.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    he probably engineered the Arab spring to destabilize Libya and start the rebellion in Syria too.
    All Glory to Putin, he is clearly a freaking WIZARD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I always wondered why Brits are so afraid of Polish plumbers, can someone explain this to me, please?
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

We are not an EU country because any EU legislation that historically affects us is in danger of being repealed. No future EU legislation applies should our sovereign parliament decide it doesn't.

No EU citizen can currently move to the UK and be confident they will be given indefinite leave to remain. etc etc
    UK is still a EU member state and as such can't repeal shit. Whether the EU legislation still applies to it after it eventually leaves depends on what they negotiate.

I agree totally, however the serving of Article 50 is an EU requirement and as you now know, EU legislation past and present does not necessarily apply.

All that is required is the repeal of the 1972 European Communities Act and we can be formally out next Monday. Informally we are out already.
    Whether to use Arcticle 50 or repeal of the 1972 act is being debated now. But it doesn't matter, we are in reality out already.
    TEU is clear, the only way to leave the EU is to invoke article 50 and go through the withdrawal procedure.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    No its not -
    Oh yes they are.

http://www.cityam.com/248114/theresa...-secure-brexit
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

No one can know for sure why 17 million voted for Brexit, for some it might have been immigration issues, for others it most certainly could have been about the ridiculous Human Rights Act.
    Considering how EU is not relevant to the status of Human Rights Act one way or another, you're only arguing that, contrary to your earlier claims, leave voters really didn't have a clue.

Deleted
    It may not be in British interests to make that transition orderly. For now the EU position is no discussion before Article 50 is served. The British position is no Article 50 before discussions. So far this stalemate holds but for sure the EU has been warned this cannot go on forever. Once
    Why do you think that the EU would be the first one to blink?

EU citizens have been given the chance to stock up on basic provisions of water and food as advised by Merkel just a couple of days ago, EU inspectors have gone house to house to check people have complied with these legal requirements, Britain can and will just leave the next day, along with its 400 million a week charity donation to Brussels.
    Fuck it - I'm not debunking that number, not again.
    We are the ones asking you to push the button for gods sake.

No, this is a red line for Britain. The EU have been warned this is unacceptable and have again been given time to come up with a solution.
    The swizz did the same thing - After 4 years, we still have not had any negotiations on the issue.

If the EU does not accept there will be no free movement of people, and continues to delay, again at some point the stalemate will fall, the UK leaves the next day, again along with its charity donation to Brussels.
    Delay what? - Again, you are the ones that need to push the button.

No linking the two is relevant to Brexit. It clearly demonstrates how EU legislation past and present no longer applies to the UK directly as a result of the Brexit vote.
    The EHCR - IS NOT A FUCKING PART OF THE EU.

It is the first of many bad EU laws to go and as I said before shows exactly why in reality we are no longer a part of the EU.
    Its not an EU law, and you haven't done shit yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Seemed like it was about racism and ignorance to me.
    Well, if it indeed was ("most certainly" even) about Human Rights Act to some like dribbles claim then it certainly was ignorance given how that act was related to Council of Europe law and not European Union. Hell, as far as European Union's Charter of Fundamental Rights is concerned, the UK has an opt out anyway. So even if someone voted to leave because of human rights in general (that evil EU ensuring UK government doesn't act like shitbags to its own people) and not Human Rights Act in particular they were still clueless.

Probably better to withhold judgement till you see what rights are going to be in the bill.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Deleted
    Some idiots suggesting something is not the same thing as it being debated.

Wow...You seriously, seriously need to get back on your meds.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is idiotic free movement of people will continue, because the UK or rather London benefits the most out of it.