Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The long queue times really aren't their fault.
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *wiping tears of joy from the corner of my eyes* Oh, you are serious?!? Its Blizzards Game, Its Blizzards Servers but its not Blizzards Fault when people cant login. SOmething aint right with that "logic" and YOU know it

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Why buy an extreme amount of servers that are useless after 48-72 hours?
    Multiple companies offer server renting for exactly the same situations like this one.

That's how they handled the vanila server problems until their new extra servers arrived... and that was 11 years ago.
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2016-08-29 at 12:43 AM.

"Click this single flag in order to start your Class Hall Quest!"
    "Object already in use"

Cata and MoP were super smooth for me, and I actually barely experienced any issues with WoD.

I think the biggest problem will be ddosing
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Has Blizzard ever once had a successful launch?

The answer is no. There will be plenty of shit for the first week or two, but sometimes, that's just what makes it fun, Blizzard-style, entertainment come launch days
    i dont know. overwatch went pretty smoothly

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Dude, this needs a like button so much. Really laughed out loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

15+ Year Old Account
    The only real issue I faced playing Warlords of Draenor release was the Garrison bug, as in you couldn't phase into your Garrison so all were on their taxi waiting to land in their Garrison and the phasing. Or that all players were in your Garrison (from your point of view).

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *wiping tears of joy from the corner of my eyes* Oh, you are serious?!? Its Blizzards Game, Its Blizzards Servers but its not Blizzards Fault when people cant login. SOmething aint right with that "logic" and YOU know it
    Would you rather have a long queue, or no queue with lag that makes the game unplayable anyways? Queues are there for a reason. Queues are a way to ensure everything goes orderly. Blaming Blizzard for long queue times on launch day is like blaming Walmart for long lines on Black Friday. There is the "logic", whether you like it or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure there will be something. The whole inspect the garrison business with WoD has left me with little faith that things will work.

The answer is no. There will be plenty of shit for the first week or two, but sometimes, that's just what makes it fun, Blizzard-style, entertainment come launch days
    Every launch be4 wod was successfull. Or well, vanilla launch was pretty fucked aswell but all the others went smooth with very little server crashes.

This is just my own experience, and I guess I've just been lucky, but no expansion launch before WoD had any problems besides maybe a 1 or 2 crashes for me. Even with WoD, the night of the launch was just some server crashes with a bit of a queue time to get back on. Especially BC and Wrath, launch night went really smooth.

10+ Year Old Account

The answer is no.
    That depends I suppose. I don't keep my characters on high population servers so most launches have been pretty good. Warlords was a mess though. Cataclysm was excellent, nice and smooth. I don't remember any issues with Mists either.

In answer to the @Finnish Nerd: they've enlarged realm capacity so that a great many of them went from high to more-or-less normal populations and many went to low. Of course, some immediately proclaimed this as a massive 1-day catastrophe for people quitting, but since it happened over a single day--a maintenance day at that--it seems unlikely if not mind-numbingly stupid to think that. Also Blizzard said they had added capacity to just about all realms just after that.

The other thing they've done is that they can use CRZ technology to split realms into separate shards now when they get too full.

Despite all that, there are likely to be DDOS attacks and some problems but to say they've done nothing is ignorant. Don't believe everything you read from people who haven't had anything good to say about the game in a few years. They have their own agendas.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    "How shitty will the launch be?"

Between No man's sky and Wrath/Diablo 3 How bad can that be?

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Cataclysm and MoP had smooth launches but people seem to forget that. The reasons behind WoD's shitty launch don't exist in Legion, so there's no reason why it won't be playable.

As for server queues they increased the capacity of all the servers, you'll still get queues but they'll be a lot smaller than you've experienced in the past.
    Can't recall Cataclysm but MoP had an issue on the alliance side when they first went to Pandaria that consisted of you going on a helicopter and shooting horde down. The issue was when it came to shooting some boats -- the boats wouldn't phase so people ended up piled ontop of each other and all you could see was the inside of yours and everyone else's copters. The boat wouldn't phase properly with the explosives to move past that part -- even if you managed to guess what you were shooting. It was slightly circumvented by allowing people to queue into dungeons without having to unlock them.

10+ Year Old Account
    If WoD was a 2/10 and MoP horde side was a 9/10 I think it will be an 8 or 9. They have been doing a lot of prelaunch tests this time. MoP horde side was very smooth. I have heard bad things about alliance side though.

Deleted
    Lag and Server queues always happen, but on the bright side we won't crash 2 entire zones this time...if anything we MIGHT crash Dalaran, but at least we'll have ways around it if it gets unbearable, no one is tied directly to it, and getting to the class order halls is just a bit of travelling if so.

I feel like after the first 2 hours everything will just smoothly swim out of the chaos.

But I have been wrong before. I feel like they've geographically done everything possible to prevent the mess, but the first jump to the broken isles on dalaran is going to be a trip.

Its possible it will suck.

Class halls will crash, logins will be overloaded. The game will be taken down for "additional maintenance." There will be at least one cut scene that will make clients crash (and more "maintenance") and then, when the dust settles....DDoS attack.

I'm not even trying to login on Tuesday, 11+ years with this game, I know what kind of Clusterfuck is awaiting us.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

The long in servers are going to be hammered between everyone logging on and DDoS attacks.

I don't think it'll be that bad for people already logged in though if they hop on early, provided Dalaran doesn't die endlessly, due to the shards and the artifact quest chains splitting everyone off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Cataclysm...