Anyone else thinks RJW should be baseline for Brewmaster?

Every time I play Brewmaster, something new bugs me aside of the lack of real defensive cds. For me it's like there are a lot of things missing in this spec ( maybe I still suck at it ). One of the things I've noticed while tanking is that brewmasters don't have that consistent aoe damage to get aggro of adds, and this is the reason I choose RJW all the time. Breath of fire has a long CD while it's one hit aoe, same with keg smash. Also, you'll be using keg smash on cd since it reduces CDs of brews, so it's not an option really (even with the artifact that resets BoF, it doesn't count).

Here are what the other tanks have(I have played all of them after pre-patch to decide which class to go) :

1- Paladin = concentration, AS, hammers

2- DK = death and decay, 2xblood boil

3- Druid = swipe (no cd), Thrash

4- Warrior = Thunder clap, Revenge

5- DH = immolation aura, their jump skill does aoe damage.

Do you have the same problem or not?

Just about everything you listed for tanks has a longer cooldown than Keg Smash for AoE. We also have Leg Sweep/Ox Statue to help manage adds and taking Rushing Jade Wind/Special Delivery helps even more. I have a 6 second cooldown Keg Smash at the moment, making it one of the better AoE snap aggro spells.

Remember, Keg Smash is your everything. Lower mitigation, single target, AoE, ranged, and a slow.

+ The artifact ability is also a ranged aoe , like keg smash.

And there is also a trait that increases the range of keg smash

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Brewmaster is not too bad off in the AoE department, but I understand your frustration.

Having RJW makes add pick-up a nonissue. Special Delivery may be higher damage but it so unpredictable and can miss its target if they move before it lands. Niuzao doesn't help at all with aoe. If you really want to take Special Delivery you can always opt into Ox Statue over leg sweep to make it easy.

Can't say I've ever had a time where I thought I needed more AoE and rarely ever pick RJW, what I do think sucks though is our god aweful golden dragon traits which give us no reason at all to actually want them other than we have to pick them to max out our artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Knom View Post
    Just about everything you listed for tanks has a longer cooldown than Keg Smash for AoE. We also have Leg Sweep/Ox Statue to help manage adds and taking Rushing Jade Wind/Special Delivery helps even more. I have a 6 second cooldown Keg Smash at the moment, making it one of the better AoE snap aggro spells.

Remember, Keg Smash is your everything. Lower mitigation, single target, AoE, ranged, and a slow.
    I don't think you looked at the abilities I have listed, maybe try them if you don't know how they work. I'm 100% sure all the other tanks are better in this regard. About ox statue, I don't think i'll ever choose it unless we have too many cds (even then I doubt i'll choose it over leg sweep).

keg smash is like one hit and that's it, not an on going damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnesymne View Post
    + The artifact ability is also a ranged aoe , like keg smash.

And there is also a trait that increases the range of keg smash
    All tanks have range aoe aggro, guardian might be the only one that doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Veladril View Post
    Brewmaster is not too bad off in the AoE department, but I understand your frustration.

Having RJW makes add pick-up a nonissue. Special Delivery may be higher damage but it so unpredictable and can miss its target if they move before it lands. Niuzao doesn't help at all with aoe. If you really want to take Special Delivery you can always opt into Ox Statue over leg sweep to make it easy.
    Yep I kinda hate SD but you really need it for the dps, you can see the difference if at least one hits.

Quote Originally Posted by madmossy View Post
    Can't say I've ever had a time where I thought I needed more AoE and rarely ever pick RJW, what I do think sucks though is our god aweful golden dragon traits which give us no reason at all to actually want them other than we have to pick them to max out our artifact.
    Please don't make me start talking about the golden traits, I have no idea how they thought " Oh yeah these could be golden dragon traits".

7+ Year Old Account
    No, BrMs don't need RJW baseline. The only time you need it, is when a Huntard or some impatient DD pulls another group when you're not ready. In those cases they deserve to die anyway.

Also, BoF leaves a DoT if you hit the targets with KS before using BoF. And as others have noted, the other tanks have CDs on their AoE abilities as well. Picking up adds when they are not ready isn't any easier for other tanks.

Yes, RJW makes picking up adds easier but it isn't needed at all if you and your group know what you're doing. So I think it's perfect as a talent: pick the easy route if you think you need it (RJW) or pick something else if you think you're fine without it and find the other talent options more useful for your playstyle.

BTW, delaying KS and/or BoF for a second or two won't kill you if you know that adds are incoming.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman