Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    How much of America is Democrat and how many are Republicans? Did you know many are neither?
    Do you have any better data or would you like to tell us more about the "Gender Studies Professor"?

I see people who are kinda pro-Hillary. IRL it mainly consists of Gender Studies professor I must work with who supports her unironically "Because she is a woman, and woman must fight for each other!"

On the other hand, take a trip to the rural bits of California and you will see people out and proud for Trump. I am against Donald Trump, but I will give this one thing that may ever so slightly win him the election. That being that his voters absolutely and whole heartedly believe, and a lot of voters are very sick of the statues quo holding pattern of leadership under the Obama years.

I still think Trumps base, as dedicated and true believing as they may be, or some just simply wanting change, are going to be outweighed simply by the fact that every force on this planet doesn't want Trump to be president and mostly he has suddenly lost the bits of his brain that made me wonder if he was secretly a political genius or not, as it turns out he was profoundly lucky.
    Yu know I think the more the media attacks him over and over, the more voters he is going to get. The average person is really tired of politics as usual and wants something different. Every new Hillary scandal, every negative Trump story creates a new Trump voter IMHO
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

7+ Year Old Account
    I've voted a straight up and down the ballot Democratic ticket ever since I turned 18. Why?

Mainly the cons of the GOP

Southern Strategy, opposition to gay rights, puppets of the kooks on the religious right, opposition to immigration reform, its white nationalist elements that have always been there (just came out into the open his time), opposition to universal healthcare, opposition to a living wage, etc

and pros of the Democrats

support for equal rights for gays/women/ethnic minorities, pro-immigration reform, support for affordable medicine, progressive taxation system, no climate change denial, support for separation of church and state, etc

basically, GOP seems to be the traditionalist party. And tradition can go f itself.

If someone says some version of " that's too much change, we've always done it this way", I automatically ignore them. " But thats the way it's always been done" is an absolute sht reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Yu know I think the more the media attacks him over and over, the more voters he is going to get. The average person is really tired of politics as usual and wants something different. Every new Hillary scandal, every negative Trump story creates a new Trump voter IMHO
    This is really rather silly given how badly he's doing in polls.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Luckily, we have actual enthusiasm polling so we don't have to rely on anecdotes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...lintons-favor/
    Your polls dont take into account all those people who havent voted or never voted that now feel They must vote because they dislike Hillary. The fact that so many polling firms have just about admitted rigging the polls does not lead anyone to take them seriously now.

Most people aren't concerned with conservative angst over perceived media slights.

Your polls dont take into account all those people who havent voted or never voted that now feel They must vote because they dislike Hillary.
    Both candidates have low favorability ratings. If people are showing up to vote because they dislike Clinton then even more must be showing up to vote because they dislike Trump, as he's even less popular.

The fact that so many polling firms have just about admitted rigging the polls does not lead anyone to take them seriously now.
    Dat '14 retro nonsense.

Your polls dont take into account all those people who havent voted or never voted that now feel They must vote because they dislike Hillary. The fact that so many polling firms have just about admitted rigging the polls does not lead anyone to take them seriously now.
    That's because what you said is nonsense.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, what will save Trump IMHO would be pure boredom. After awhile the "DAE HATE TRUMP!?" train is going to just become static noise, background noise that people become bored of.

Even internet forums and web sources are at IMHO total "DAE HATE TRUMP!?" saturation. I am just waiting for the debates when Hillary might actually have to talk and wonder if Hillary might actually have to answer a hard question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Your polls dont take into account all those people who havent voted or never voted...
    Yeah they do. I'm not really sure why you think otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Dat '14 retro nonsense.
    Unskew 2016!

No, what will save Trump IMHO would be pure boredom. After awhile the "DAE HATE TRUMP!?" train is going to just become static noise, background noise that people become bored of.

Even internet forums and web sources are at IMHO total "DAE HATE TRUMP!?" saturation. I am just waiting for the debates when Hillary might actually have to talk and wonder if Hillary might actually have to answer a hard question.
    That won't even save him, you know, if it was an actual thing outside of your little crusade on internet message boards

I honestly believe Trump is going to do horribly in the debates... IF he shows up. I am fairly certain he's going to slip into "reality tv entertainer" mode and show how completely inappropriate he would be as the president of the United States.

In a professional controlled environment like the debates, Hillary has an overwhelming advantage vs. Trump IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    I honestly believe Trump is going to do horribly in the debates... IF he shows up. I am fairly certain he's going to slip into "reality tv entertainer" mode and show how completely inappropriate he would be as the president of the United States.
    There's some data from past elections to show that voters are looking for different things in the general than the primary debates, so this is probably reasonable.

This is very true. I "support" trump only because Hillary is a a damn nightmare and a evil bitch. Gary Johnson is a clueless idiot who will be a spoiler for Hillary. I have yet to see one Hillary yard sign, bumper sticker or actually met a person who really likes her
    Comparing Hillary to Trump is asinine. Trump is worse because he literally idolizes Hitler. He has Mein Kampf next to his fucking bed for fucks sake.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

In a professional controlled environment like the debates, Hillary has an overwhelming advantage vs. Trump IMO.
    He will bomb hard, omg so hard it should be aired on pay per view.

I would have argued Trump might do great a month ago because he seemed to have some sort of weird strategy, but now I am convinced he is a fool who is profoundly lucky.

BUT it will be interesting enough maybe. Right now its just a near constant saturating bombardment of "DAE HATE TRUMP!?" on every platform and media outlet that isn't Brietbart. The election is already very very boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I've voted a straight up and down the ballot Democratic ticket ever since I turned 18. Why?

Mainly the cons of the GOP

Southern Strategy, opposition to gay rights, puppets of the kooks on the religious right, opposition to immigration reform, its white nationalist elements that have always been there (just came out into the open his time), opposition to universal healthcare, opposition to a living wage, etc

and pros of the Democrats

support for equal rights for gays/women/ethnic minorities, pro-immigration reform, support for affordable medicine, progressive taxation system, no climate change denial, support for separation of church and state, etc

basically, GOP seems to be the traditionalist party. And tradition can go f itself.

If someone says some version of " that's too much change, we've always done it this way", I automatically ignore them. " But thats the way it's always been done" is an absolute sht reason.
    Yep. They go on and on about the "traditional family unit", while they have 3 divorces, 5 kids spread throughout those 3 divorces and cheated on their previous spouses. You know, like Kim Davis and Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    National polls seem to be tightening, but state polls still seem stagnant. Need more polling to confirm. Seems to be a 2-3 point shift torwards Trump over the past few weeks, but it has been expected for some time by sites like 538 that it would tighten nationally.

However even national tightening can still have a landslide for Clinton if swing states stay so much into her favor (PA +9 NH +9 VA +11).

- - - Updated - - -

The best thing is, is that the Clinton Camp is taking it very seriously, preparing for Trump with mock debaters, and the Trump team is doing nothing to prep.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    National polls seem to be tightening, but state polls still seem stagnant. Need more polling to confirm. Seems to be a 2-3 point shift torwards Trump over the past few weeks, but it has been expected for some time by sites like 538 that it would tighten nationally.

However even national tightening can still have a landslide for Clinton if swing states stay so much into her favor (PA +9 NH +9 VA +11).

- - - Updated - - -

The best thing is, is that the Clinton Camp is taking it very seriously, preparing for Trump with mock debaters, and the Trump team is doing nothing to prep.
    I should hope everyone, Hillary and Voters included, takes this election seriously. We all need to get out there and vote. As lackluster Hillary might be, putting a reality tv narcissist into the Oval Office is a great insult to the position and our country as whole IMO. That Trump even made it through the primary is VERY disturbing to me. I may not agree with the GOP platform, but before this Trump fiasco, they at least put forth candidates that's made an honest effort at appearing professional and qualified for the position. Trump is anything but.

This is really rather silly given how badly he's doing in polls.
    They are now statistically tied or he has pulled ahead in some

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Most people aren't concerned with conservative angst over perceived media slights.
    Source or citation or is that your feels?

They are now statistically tied or he has pulled ahead in some
    Wait I thought they were rigged and not to be taken seriously.

Congrats though, you managed to take two contrary positions and be wrong with both of them, that's a feat.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...ex_cid=rrpromo