Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Girl, 16, took own life after fearing she'd be called a racist after picture of her w

-Phoebe Connop edited picture during a private chat with friends online
    -She had started dating an Asian male but the pair had never met before
    -She said she would have to look like photo to get approval from his parents
    -Pal shared the photo out of the chat, prompting Phoebe's fear of backlash

A teenage girl took her own life after fearing she would be called racist after a photo of her with darkened skin and a headscarf was shared online.
    Phoebe Connop, 16, from Halesowen in the West Midlands, had edited the photo after getting into an online relationship with an Asian male.
    The talented gymnast sent the picture to friends on a private Instagram chat, explaining that the only way she would win the approval of her boyfriend's parents would be if she looked like the girl in the photo.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-online.html

Wtf is wrong with people? Killing yourself over something like this?

If we were all so dedicated racism would be gone in a few hours.

There's no way that's the reason she killed herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Yes there is. It's why the bullying campaign is so fucking stupid. People weren't offing themselves en masse when I was growing up over bullying and it was just as commonplace. Kids are just not watched by their parents as much and parents are not involved in their children's lives when it's clear a problem is there and "omg I had no idea little Janie would kill herself we need to end bullies!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I kill myself for fear of being called a racist all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    My guess is that there are too many people who like to take just any little thing you might do, label it as racist even if it is anything but, and then bully you over it. Social media is perhaps the biggest purveyor of public shaming, often with weak justification, that has ever existed.

I guess all those self hating white people are really taking the white guilt to it's logical conclusion.

Grats SJW, this is what you wanted.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Well its obvious to me that there is a lot more at work than this one incident. I grieve for the parents, and I am saddened that the state of mental health among young people has worsened.
    No one deserves to feel this way, especially not some one so young.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Isn't the daily mail the UK version the national enquirer ? Tabloid trash? Genuinely asking.

She killed herself over mental illness. She's not like some LGBT kid getting bullied, this is just some poor girl that suffered from mental illness and gave in.

-Phoebe Connop edited picture during a private chat with friends online
    -She had started dating an Asian male but the pair had never met before
    -She said she would have to look like photo to get approval from his parents
    -Pal shared the photo out of the chat, prompting Phoebe's fear of backlash

A teenage girl took her own life after fearing she would be called racist after a photo of her with darkened skin and a headscarf was shared online.
    Phoebe Connop, 16, from Halesowen in the West Midlands, had edited the photo after getting into an online relationship with an Asian male.
    The talented gymnast sent the picture to friends on a private Instagram chat, explaining that the only way she would win the approval of her boyfriend's parents would be if she looked like the girl in the photo.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-online.html

One less dumb bitch in the world. ZERO sympathy for people doing dumb shit like this.

She probably thought it was the end of the world and that she'd never recover. She probably didn't know that nobody cares about the stupid shit you did when you were sixteen.

She probably didn't have a little brother who called her a dork, toughening her up mentally.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by GKMoggleMog View Post
    She killed herself over mental illness. She's not like some LGBT kid getting bullied, this is just some poor girl that suffered from mental illness and gave in.
    You mean the mental illness of being a racist?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    One less dumb bitch in the world. ZERO sympathy for people doing dumb shit like this.
    You mean one less dumb RACIST right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    I guess all those self hating white people are really taking the white guilt to it's logical conclusion.

Grats SJW, this is what you wanted.
    By 'white people' you mean racists right?

I'm not sure why people are going off topic, this is a thread about racism isn't it?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    You mean the mental illness of being a racist?

- - - Updated - - -

You mean one less dumb RACIST right?

- - - Updated - - -

By 'white people' you mean racists right?
    Thinking it's good when someone dies when they don't think like you is pretty vile.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    She probably thought it was the end of the world and that she'd never recover. She probably didn't know that nobody cares about the stupid shit you did when you were sixteen.

She probably didn't have a little brother who called her a dork, toughening her up mentally.
    Except now when shit gets out people do everything they can to ruin their (the offenders) lives. She probably thought she was next.

Thinking it's good when someone dies when they don't think like you is pretty vile.
    Society views anyone labeled as a racist as the worst of the worst, so is it really so surprising that somebody would react in this manner if they feared being branded a racist?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Except now when shit gets out people do everything they can to ruin their (the offenders) lives. She probably thought she was next.
    Do you think society shouldn't ruin the lives of people branded as racists?
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Society views anyone labeled as a racist as the worst of the worst, so is it really so surprising that somebody would react in this manner if they feared being branded a racist?

- - - Updated - - -

I'd prefer to be hanged, personally.

So, was she seeing an asian guy from the continent asia or an asian guy as in the mongoloid race?

7+ Year Old Account

There's no reason why society should if they don't harm anyone.
    Last edited by Nitro Fun; 2016-08-29 at 03:43 AM.

There's no reason why society should.
    People need a righteous cause through which they can express their hatred.