Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    It's a fun deck but like people said if you don't get Barnes by turn 4 or Onyx Bishop by turn 5 you lose.
    No you don't because the deck runs removal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne Wipes View Post
    These rezz priests are definitely better than the decks before, but there are two hugh problems.
    - Not getting the BM/rezz combo in your opening hand.
    - Card draw.

I've encountered a couple with my Reno Nzoth Rogue, and while they won the early game easily with the BMs, Bishop and Priest of the Feast, once I managed to kill them, the Priest simply couldn't do anything else.
    Without other card draw than PW:S, and very limited minions that don't screw your Resurrects, it's not that difficult to defend yourself.
    However.. I like the archtype, and I feel that a more agressive play could benefit more from it.
    Priest has always had an issue with card draw.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    No you don't because the deck runs removal.

- - - Updated - - -

Priest has always had an issue with card draw.
    The whole deck relies on getting an important minion like IBM killed early and then making tempo plays with Bishop and Res in the midgame. If this doesn't happen, then your opponent has enough time to build up and prepare late answers to your resurrects. Res Priest MUST win the midgame and MUST have specific cards in hand to do so.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    The whole deck relies on getting an important minion like IBM killed early and then making tempo plays with Bishop and Res in the midgame. If this doesn't happen, then your opponent has enough time to build up and prepare late answers to your resurrects. Res Priest MUST win the midgame and MUST have specific cards in hand to do so.
    Case in point (although anecdotal) just played a game where I didn't draw anything until turn 6 and it was the Bishop.

10+ Year Old Account
    As pointed before, the deck works wonder if you draw appropriately.

But let's be honest: which deck doesn't?

Problem with the rezz priest is that you are dead vs aggro decks no chance even midrange can easy stomp you.
    If you still want to go strong with priest try the Purify priest, ancient watcher makes sure you reach midgame and eerie statue and faceless shambler is insane value.
    Oh and Barnes on turn 3 with coin and silence end most time with a silenced raggi, ysera or eerie.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love my resurrect priest. Brann is there as well and often I have 3 or more Branns on the board at the same time Shame that there's not many battlecries in the deck.

And Barnes pulling Geddon on turn 4 has ended many games against face hunters and face shaman super quick.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Problem with the rezz priest is that you are dead vs aggro decks no chance even midrange can easy stomp you.
    If you still want to go strong with priest try the Purify priest, ancient watcher makes sure you reach midgame and eerie statue and faceless shambler is insane value.
    Oh and Barnes on turn 3 with coin and silence end most time with a silenced raggi, ysera or eerie.
    Lol silence priest really? Hey maybe this guy is actually a HS dev trying to say that purify isn't an awful card.

I literally just roflstomped a silence priest with a trap hunter deck. Ice trapped his silenced eerie statue twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Lol silence priest really? Hey maybe this guy is actually a HS dev trying to say that purify isn't an awful card.

I literally just roflstomped a silence priest with a trap hunter deck. Ice trapped his silenced eerie statue twice.
    Wow Freezing trap 2x a important minion i bet no other class would lose that game.

It's a fun deck, but like all priest decks it's super combo reliant and will also get shut down pretty hard by a tempo deck. Until the newest BS decks stomp the meta again I've been having a ton of fun with it, I win almost every game not against a hyper-aggressive curve deck at around my usual non-ladder pushing spot of rank 10-8 by simply refusing to lose tempo with huge value resurrects over and over again.

I feel like priest finally has a unique gimmick that actually kinda works and isn't unfair. People may think it's bullshit now but eventually they'll learn that if they kill that Injured Blademaster on turn 3 they better be ready to deal it coming back a good few times.
    Last edited by Irian; 2016-08-29 at 10:32 PM.

As someone already mentioned, all priests get stomped by aggro so highlighting that Rez Priest loses to aggro is pointless and not a unique downside to the class archtype when looking at all of the rest of archtypes of priest.

Even though Rez Priest isn't some 'tier 1' deck I have to point out that I think it is funny so many players thought the world was over for priests due to the release of Purify. Aaannd look what happened? A deck came out that actually wins quite a number of games against non aggro matchups. So much for the community being perfect predicators of class performance.

A similar deck rolled over my beast druid. He got turn 2 blademaster turn 3 coin revive revive no way I could stop that tempo. It's a pretty strong deck but unless you draw your perfect hand you'll get rolled by aggro yeah.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    As someone already mentioned, all priests get stomped by aggro so highlighting that Rez Priest loses to aggro is pointless and not a unique downside to the class archtype when looking at all of the rest of archtypes of priest.

Even though Rez Priest isn't some 'tier 1' deck I have to point out that I think it is funny so many players thought the world was over for priests due to the release of Purify. Aaannd look what happened? A deck came out that actually wins quite a number of games against non aggro matchups. So much for the community being perfect predicators of class performance.
    Priest was already favoured against non-aggro. It was ALWAYS been the case that the longer a match goes, the more favoured the Priest is.

The problem is that the meta is still very fast

So while Priests have more tools to make more midrange and control decks - which they already could do - they got fuck-all to help out where they really needed, which was aggro control.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Priest was already favoured against non-aggro. It was ALWAYS been the case that the longer a match goes, the more favoured the Priest is.

The problem is that the meta is still very fast

So while Priests have more tools to make more midrange and control decks - which they already could do - they got fuck-all to help out where they really needed, which was aggro control.
    Multiple classes struggle against aggro this meta, especially against face shaman. I don't see how priest failing against aggro is really unique to the class. Take rogues for example, they are excellent at controlling the game, but if way too much pressure is applied via face damage they pretty much are SoL in terms of healing.

Priest doing poorly against aggro doesn't mean priest is awful. The emergence of Rez Priest is kind of a case in point despite all of the 'Woe is priest, the sky is falling!' people.