Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Indeed.
    *With quite a bit of extra work and luck involved.

Honestly, there's quite a bit of stretching of the "walking distance" criteria going on to keep this "every resource can be found on one planet within walking distance" thing going.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Honestly, there's quite a bit of stretching of the "walking distance" criteria going on to keep this "every resource can be found on one planet within walking distance" thing going.
    Is there? Tell me what you would consider walking distance and I'll tell you if I've found ships within that distance.

There are people in this world who will never accept that they are wrong and someone else is right, and will go to any length to continue an argument in the hope they can come out of it with their sense of being right firmly established before they turn off their computer. Some of those people are in this thread.
    Oh this is rich.

Ya'll keep moving the goalposts of the discussion to keep asserting that "every resource can be found within walking distance on a single planet" and we're the ones who can't accept that others are wrong?

Ya'll keep moving the goalposts of the discussion to keep asserting that "every resource can be found within walking distance on a single planet" and we're the ones who can't accept that others are wrong?
    Maybe you should address your post to the person who said that.

Is there? Tell me what you would consider walking distance and I'll tell you if I've found ships within that distance.
    I'm not talking about a specific distance, I'm talking about the "oh, but if you do this and this and this other thing that all require no small amount of extra work and some luck you can totally get every resource in the game on one planet" thing.

Technically speaking, you could find every resource on one planet.

It will take some doing, but it can be done.

It also loses sight of the original implication, which was that every resource was as easy to find as the basic resources like Plutonium (which was the other shifting of the goalposts done by a different player, trying to narrow it down to only being about "important but basic" resources because the others "didn't matter" - you're not the first to shift the criteria to continue to be "right").

I'm not talking about a specific distance
    How can you object to the assertion when you don't have your own definition of it?

Anyway, this particular avenue of discussion is not worth continuing. I am at risk of becoming the thing I hate

How can you object to the assertion when you don't have your own definition of it?
    Did you stop reading at the point where you cut off my quote?

I mean it's pretty clear that I'm talking about you all who keep taking the original implication of all resources being common on a single planet that you can easily walk to, and the continuing to add in conditions that, while technically correct, aren't in the same spirit as the original implication, all apparently in an effort to continue to be correct about "all resources being within walking distance" and then goddamn preaching at us like we're the ones changing our argument.

Myself, rhorle, and Elim have pretty much continued to say the same thing.

My own definition of what is and isn't within walking distance is also irrelevant to the fact that conditions continued to be added to the original implication.

Been mostly away for the weekend and ran across this.

Are disappointed gamers aware?

"'No Man's Sky' Refunds: Steam, Sony, Amazon Offer Refund To Players, No Matter How Long Game Was Played"

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/no-mans...ng-game-552797

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Been mostly away for the weekend and ran across this.

Are disappointed gamers aware?

"'No Man's Sky' Refunds: Steam, Sony, Amazon Offer Refund To Players, No Matter How Long Game Was Played"

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/no-mans...ng-game-552797
    Wow even sony is offering refunds, consider me impressed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    I've seen some reports of Steam turning down refund requests and stating there was a "bug" in their systems that was approving NMS refunds over time played.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Just a note, kind of fascinating how there is so much hate over Hello Games lying about No Man's Sky and yet Hillary Clinton is leading in the polls.
    Don't see why this is strange, Trump is edging in on a 90% lie rate.

It gives me something to do, but it's kind of annoying when I find a ship I like even more than my current one and have to add all those upgrades all over again. 48 slots and now I am going for 100% in the looks department.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-08-29 at 03:04 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    What Sean Murray did can be considered as false advertisement, if people really wanted to, they could probably still get their money back through the court system, to avoid all that hassle Steam, Sony and whatever rather just open up the refunds and at least get a “good guy” reputation out of this entire clusterfuck.
    The thing is though that Sony can be held just as liable as Hello Games. Remember Hello Games partnered up with Sony. It became as much hype as it did due in part to that partnership with Sony. Otherwise it wouldn't have been everywhere. Also any False advertisement legal claims would have to prove it came in an actual advertisement. A Dev interview is not really an advertisement. And very few of the actual game advertisement contained lies. British law may be different though so I can only comment in regards to US law.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2016-08-29 at 03:06 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    I actually looked up the statistics myself instead of the article. The only -90% dropoff is if you compare the release day to today, from 212.604 players to 17.929. No other combination of dates yields that statistic.

It has actually been relatively stable since day 3. Seems like a lot of people bought it and refunded right about immediatly, obviously based on a thorough analysis of the game after those 2-3 hours played.

Says more about the prepubescent rage fest than anything else.

Steamspy also only records CCU data for the last 3 weeks, so it's hard to compare to other highly hyped games with a refund policy in place.

But hey, continue being angry nerds. I'll have some more fun ingame
    Hehe. Yeah, people didn't find 90% of the game! ... in their first two hours of play.

About half of the features that people originally claimed weren't in the game (those same people who played less than two hours and didn't find that 90% of the game in those first two hours) were later found, but to be fair to them, it was only half.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys can go round in circles, arguing all you want about the game.

End of the day, this is not a £40 game, if the game was £20, the complaints would be cut by 90% (a number I just made up), I know if I only paid that amount, I would not have refunded it.

If you like shallow exploration, the game is good. If you like a bare bones survival game, the game is good.

This game has massive potential, hopefully from the money they have made from the overpriced release price, they will continue to fix bugs, add what they promised and not charge for "dlc", then the game could come good.

As the game stands at the moment, is very limited and shallow.

Wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle.

Quantity does not equal quality.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I've seen some reports of Steam turning down refund requests and stating there was a "bug" in their systems that was approving NMS refunds over time played.
    Got links to said reports?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

*With quite a bit of extra work and luck involved.

Why is that even a positive aspect of the game? Some resources should be rare and just not found on some planets or found very rarely. That is what would make it fun. Resources that are necessary for flight, travel, getting to other planets, etc.? Ya, those should be very common on all planets. Everything else? Why is it necessary?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    If you like shallow exploration, the game is good. If you like a bare bones survival game, the game is good.
    This is the what I never understand about people. They will call the game shallow and bare bones. Basically call it a bad game. But then state how they will play it if they pay less for it. The game costing less doesn't change anything about the game play at all. It really shows how exaggerated some of these things statements are. It also says something about gamers, and consumers, that they are willing to accept and play bad games as long as they are not priced beyond a certain point.

Price doesn't change the quality of a game. Good games are still good. Bad games are still Bad.

Price doesn't change the quality of a game. Good games are still good. Bad games are still Bad.
    No but it does change the overall perceived value of a game, and if that matches the consumers expectations then they'll by.

Or in other terms, people don't think the game is worth full price. Personally I won't be touching No Man's Sky, but just wanted to point out the logic some people have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Why is that even a positive aspect of the game? Some resources should be rare and just not found on some planets or found very rarely. That is what would make it fun. Resources that are necessary for flight, travel, getting to other planets, etc.? Ya, those should be very common on all planets. Everything else? Why is it necessary?
    That is exactly how it is. The basic resources are on every planet. Then some planets have the uncommon resources. And some have the Rare ones. You can come across anything with enough luck though. Which requires waiting for a trader to have the item or finding a ship to dismantle upgrades from. But if that ship doesn't have the higher upgrades you are out of luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    For what the game offers, doesn't match the price it asks. It sounds like you have zero sense of monetary value.

It has zero depth, we were sold a lie.

The main developer telling you things that you can do in the game, at major game events is not classed as advertising in your eyes?

What about that special ending once you get to the black hole?
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2016-08-29 at 04:53 AM.