Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Oh, even better. Nov. 1st is a Tuesday. The time frame and clues make too much sense for this not to be it. Also, I put Reaper and Alejandra together myself because Reaper happens to be Mexican, 76 was in Dorado seemingly watching over them and he has major history with Reaper, Sombra operates out of Dorado, there are files on a table there of 76/Jack Morrison and Sombra, and Reaper is tied to Sombra somehow.
    Also Reaper has literally says "Where's Sombra when you need her", since beta, and on Durado specifically.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-08-28 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    In before the 100% is revealed to be the biggest Rickroll ever.
    Nah, when it gets to 100% we will have to wait for it to count back down again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Nah, when it gets to 100% we will have to wait for it to count back down again.
    At 100% she discovers that she sended the wrong information so has to start all over again

To get the final information you need a legitimately bought version of win.rar.

rofl good one xD

Deleted
    that was amazing xD

Found a theory with very compelling evidence suggesting that SOMBRA PROTOCOL is actually a new game mode where you fight against Omnics.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c..._with_evidence

Check out these PTR sound files: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c..._ptr/?sort=new

These files were posted more than a month ago, so many more may exist by now. Many of the character lines mention things like "New hero levels", "New advancements discovered", and "New gear." It all points to unlockables for heroes that actually influence their stats / abilities.

If that wasn't enough, the recent Sombra ARG also seems to be hinting at a new game mode. At the momentincrime website, you'll see that Sombra is transmitting information to all active omnics.

You know who else wanted to gain access to all active omnics? The Anubis A.I. in the Pharah comic, the Anubis A.I. planned on seizing control of omnics to use them for military operations, and that appears to be what Sombra is doing as well. In Pharah's comic, Pharah nearly destroyed the entire Anubis facility, but left some of the structure intact to save an ally. So remnants of the Anubis A.I. still exist.

In Soldier 76's comic, you'll see mention of Sombra at an Egyptian compound, close to where the Anubis Facility was located in Pharah's comic. This suggests that Sombra (and Reaper, Soldier 76 hears his voice through the ear piece) has involvement in the aftermath of the Anubis incident. She very likely was tasked with extracting the Anubis code from the remains of the Anubis Facility, and re-engineering it for Talon's purposes in what's now called the Sombra Protocol.

In the Dorado map, we see Sombra Protocol on many of the monitors. Now why would we see mention of Sombra at a Lumerico power plant? Maybe because she's working with them, and plans on using their facilities to power the omnic horde at her disposal. That would explain why she's protecting Lumerico assets on the control terminals in the building, denying access to unauthorized users. Not only that, but Lumerico would also benefit by teaming up with Talon. Lumerico would have struck a very lucrative business deal to supply power to Talon's massive omnic army.

In the Overwatch Cinematic Trailer, we know that Reaper and Widowmaker attempt to steal Doomfist's Gauntlet. But why would they want to steal his gauntlet? Shouldn't Doomfist already have a gauntlet? Well, we see the two kids talking about how Winston beat Doomfist in a fight. This could mean that the Doomfist Winston beat was stripped of his gauntlet and imprisoned, and that he was likely an enemy of Overwatch. The fact that Widowmaker and Reaper tried to retrieve his weapon also suggests that Talon is an ally of Doomfist, and is attempting to restore Doomfist's weapon to him (or to a successor).

So why is Doomfist important regarding Sombra? Because Doomfist's biography states that he sought to undermine the peace between the omnics and humans in Numbani, which would tie in with Talon's goal of starting an omnic war and controlling them using the Sombra Protocol!

In the Alive animated short, we see Widowmaker assassinating Mondatta, an omnic monk who advocated peace between humans and omnics. Now why would Widowmaker be tasked with killing the figurehead responsible for the peace between humans and omnics? Because Talon wanted to start the second omnic crisis! Talon would use the war as a scapegoat to use the Sombra protocol to control all the omnics. The world would believe that the omnics' motive for fighting was due to Mondatta's assassination, but secretly they would be controlled by Talon and serving its interests!

In the Recall animated short, we see Reaper attempting to extract the Overwatch hero database from Watchpoint: Gibraltar. Now why would he be doing that? We know he's been tracking down and eliminating former Overwatch agents from his biography, and having a list of their locations would make it a lot easier to do that.

But Reaper didn't only appear by himself to eliminate Winston / hack the database. Talon operatives accompanied him! Which means Talon had its own reasons for wanting the Overwatch database as well! So who else might have wanted to steal all the data Gibraltar contained on the Overwatch agents? Sombra must have! But why?

Let's think about Sombra's favorite repeated quote:
    She who has the information has the power.

Who might be the "she" that has the information? Gibraltar's Athena! Sombra likely identified Athena as a powerful threat to her plans because Sombra knew the only force in the world capable of stopping her omnic army was Overwatch, and Athena had the capability to reunite its members. Successful extraction of the Overwatch hero database would have allowed Talon to hunt down every former Overwatch operative individually and without much resistance.

But because Talon was unsuccessful in its attempt to steal the data necessary to exterminate the ex-Overwatch members one by one, Talon must now contend with an organized Overwatch team once it mobilizes its omnic army. The Overwatch team will be Earth's only hope at stopping Talon's horde of omnics, and that's where we'll come in, when the new game mode launches!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Found a theory with very compelling evidence suggesting that SOMBRA PROTOCOL is actually a new game mode where you fight against Omnics.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c..._with_evidence
    i really, really really really really really hope that all this character teasing doesnt end up just being a new players vs omnics pve game mode.

except we get a new hero AND a new game mode, than im all for it!

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    i really, really really really really really hope that all this character teasing doesnt end up just being a new players vs omnics pve game mode.

I think we'll get a new hero alright, just that it won't be named SOMBRA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post

...Ya think maybe Sombra is an Omnic that has some power to override other Omnics, sees global databases as a challenge, plays with them. Because if so that would tie into the PvE game mode, Sombra would be like a proper threat.

It's been niggling me for a while but I feel like Sombra is a machine.

I think we'll get a new hero alright, just that it won't be named SOMBRA.
    What makes you say that? Nothing in that theory mentions Sombra not being a person that i see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    What makes you say that? Nothing in that theory mentions Sombra not being a person that i see.
    Sombra would be a god program. In the OW verse, god programs are basically master AIs inhaviting a super computer that can take over and simultaneously posess any Omnic they contact.

While Athena remote control a robotic body to help out her team, Anubis and Sombra would have no need for a custom body seeing how they would already control an army of any bot they need.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2016-08-29 at 04:15 AM.

Sombra would be a god program. In the OW verse, god programs are basically master AIs inhaviting a super computer that can take over and simultaneously posess any Omnic they contact.

While Athena remote control a robotic body to help out her team, Anubis and Sombra would have no need for a custom body seeing how they would already control an army of any bot they need.
    Why would Reaper ask where a "God Program" was when he needs her though?
    In case you forgot, Reaper literally asks where she is when he needs her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Why would Reaper ask where a "God Program" was when he needs her though?
    In case you forgot, Reaper literally asks where she is when he needs her.
    That's a metaphor, in the United States at least. I do not believe he is literally inquiring as to her location.

That's a metaphor, in the United States at least. I do not believe he is literally inquiring as to her location.
    I can't see how else you would take it honestly.

Combined that with the fact that the number 23 keeps showing up around this ARG (And Sombra would be the 23rd character), and in the Pharah comic, one of the omnics with her was nearly instantly taken over from Anubis. I highly doubt if Sombra is suppose to be similar that they would keep this going for this long.

A god program wouldn't be making websites to prove she's a good hacker. This kind of childish behaviour is most likely human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartxxor View Post
    At 100% she discovers that she sended the wrong information so has to start all over again
    What is this? Dial-up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    What is this? Dial-up?
    Or she's sending a couple terabytes of information..

Has blizz ever said Sombra is a playable hero?

The more I think about it, I believe she isn't playable. How would a hacker be implemented in a FPS? Every motif that comes to mind is of somebody in an office or in a van somewhere- behind the scenes and not getting their hands dirty mixing it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rock4ever View Post
    Has blizz ever said Sombra is a playable hero?

The more I think about it, I believe she isn't playable. How would a hacker be implemented in a FPS? Every motif that comes to mind is of somebody in an office or in a van somewhere- behind the scenes and not getting their hands dirty mixing it up.
    There have been some case files laying around, so people assume it's a person. Blizzard don't even talk about Sombra