Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    So are the mobs always your level in all zones?

- - - Updated - - -

Mob levels.
    Mobs scale champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    yes
    if you gain a level, you can literally log out and in, and the mobs will be 1 level higher, /reload may work
    (is a log / reload even required?)

i'm wondering how this is going to work with leveling with friends / pvp...
    are you in different phases (a 108 can't see a 105)
    no 110's ganking 101's because you can't see em?

or will a 101 and 109 be in same area and the 109 see's mobs at 109 and 101 sees em as 101?
    that's what i'm not sure about myself lol
    You'll see whatever level of mobs that you are. It works like Invasions do, if you see a 101 mob with 100k hp, your friend would see a 109 level mob with 200k hp, and you'd both do damage relative to your level. Though the more people there are on a given mob, the more likely the lower level players will become completely trivial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    Pretty sure all the mobs scale to the individual without being put in a different instance of the zone. I could swear I have seen someone say something about their new scaling system somewhere during beta.
    That is correct. The same thing happens even when you are in dungeons. A level 102 player in the group will see level 102 mobs and a level 105 player in the group will see level 105 mobs. They both see exactly the same mobs. There is not phasing involved at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    You'll see whatever level of mobs that you are. It works like Invasions do, if you see a 101 mob with 100k hp, your friend would see a 109 level mob with 200k hp, and you'd both do damage relative to your level. Though the more people there are on a given mob, the more likely the lower level players will become completely trivial.
    Actually, especially in invasions low level chars to much more % damage. At level 10 I have fireball spell and it does 300 damage. For my level that is a shit ton of damage. It one shots mobs. At level 100 you have Fireball, ability 2, ability 3, etc. Your fireball does around 30% of a mobs hp. Say 30k for example. The boss has 6 million health for you. It will take 200 fireballs to kill him. At level 10 the boss has (for example) 20-30k up. You will kill him with less than 100 fireballs. And let's not forget at level 10 your crit and haste ratings will be 5-6 times higher than at level 100 so you can throw infinite pyroblast crits and your fireball cast speed would be 3 times faster. It's just not tuned for overpowered twinks. The scaling is in favour of the lowbies. But that's a good thing IMO.

As long as you find all quests you will hit 110 about halfway through the last zone without dungeons\professions\rest or grinding.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

There are four levelling zones and one max level zone. On beta, I got to 110 half way through the third zone. (That was doing all the side quests, profession quests and lots of herbs and levelling dungeons). By the time you have finished the artifact quest you will be some bars towards 101. If you do all the story line quests it is about 2 levels per zone. If you add side quests, rares, profession quests and dungeons 110 is a given.

It is always an integer number of levels, due to obvious reason. So it is either 2 or 3.
    The zones scale, you are incorrect, the zones are worth as many levels as you can get in them.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is always an integer number of levels, due to obvious reason. So it is either 2 or 3.
    So that one time I leveled to 93.5 in shadowmoon..? Besides, zones don't have "reccomended levels" in Legion, it all scales. You can level 100-110 in a single zone if you prefer to level by gridning mobs.

In terms of scaling.... when you first hit level 101 the mobs will stay at level 100. About half way to level 102 they will become level 101 (the quest rewards scale to your level so this allows you to get a few rewards for your new level before the mobs scale up).

We have bigger problems than 2 or 2.5 levels per zone in Legion currently, i.e. the fact we only have 3 levelling zones in Legion, considering Stormheim isn't playable at all with the bug on the start quest. I've just done all of the other zones to refresh myself and it's still bugged. Can't get past 108 without dungeons until it's fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    had no issue leveling to 110 on the beta with what was given to me
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    yes

or will a 101 and 109 be in same area and the 109 see's mobs at 109 and 101 sees em as 101?
    that's what i'm not sure about myself lol
    Just take a closer look at the Legion invasion sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Ever thought about 2.5 levels per zone?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    As long as you find all quests you will hit 110 about halfway through the last zone without dungeons\professions\rest or grinding.
    This. Pretty much my experience as well in beta.

I take it this is one of those threads created by someone with no clue but made the choice to go negative because it's hip and cool. Leveling is fine. Unless you try to avoid quests.

There are apparently just 4 zones in Legion, instead of 5, required for levelling 100->110. Where are we supposed to level after 108?
    I got to 110 in 3 zones (mind you I include the 5man that ties up each zone chain and Violet Hold in that number) in the beta and the XP required have been reduced since then. You'll be fine.

if its always 2 levels per zone why did i only get to 85 doing cata?

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I take it this is one of those threads created by someone with no clue but made the choice to go negative because it's hip and cool. Leveling is fine. Unless you try to avoid quests.
    I mean it is a Tackhisis thread so yes you are 100% on the money.

While leveling in beta, i cleared 2 and a half zones before hitting 110. 2 levels per zone is REALLY far off.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    if its always 2 levels per zone why did i only get to 85 doing cata?
    Massive bug spotted.