Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why is it okay to give EU a 9 hour head start on Legion?

Yea, okay, I get it, theres a time zone difference. That doesn't mean jack shit. You can see a lot of stuff happen in 9 hours before we even get the capability to play in NA. We'll easily see the world first 110, ect.

I don't understand why its necesary to give EU a 9 hour head start. Why can't we just have global releases at the same time?

its the sun. it rises in the east.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's okay since Americans always get the patches first, we get the expansions.

Deleted
    We're more deserving of the game than you. Simples.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it okay to give NA a 24 hour head start on raids?

Yea, okay, I get it, theres a time zone difference. That doesn't mean jack shit. You can see a lot of stuff happen in 24 hours before we even get the capability to play in EU. We'll easily see the world first raid boss kills, ect.

I don't understand why its necesary to give NA a 24 hour head start. Why can't we just have global releases at the same time?

Would you like to wait an extra day for every future patch instead?

Why is it okay for the US to get a day's headstart on Raid tiers? It doesn't have to make sense. It just... Is. No big deal, really.

Deleted
    i love how american people cry so hard right now, even though for 15 years they have access to patches and raids 1 day earlier.

Deleted
    Why is it ok for the US to get every single patch since vanilla 10 hours earlier then the EU? I know there is a time difference and all but that means jack shit.
    You can see a lot of stuff in those 9 hours before the EU even gets the capability to play. You can get world firsts on a lot of bosses etc.

I don't understand why its necessary to give US a 10 hour head start, why can't we just have a global release time?

10+ Year Old Account
    The US gets a head start on patches.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Yea, okay, I get it, theres a time zone difference. That doesn't mean jack shit. You can see a lot of stuff happen in 9 hours before we even get the capability to play in NA. We'll easily see the world first 110, ect.

I don't understand why its necesary to give EU a 9 hour head start. Why can't we just have global releases at the same time?
    Why does US gets a 15 hours head start for everything else, than expansions?

Besides, world first have been removed two years ago...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    It's safe to assume that if it wasn't this way the OP would be crying something along the lines of:

Why is it okay to give EU a launch at 9AM, when they are rested, and the US has to stay up to be there at launch?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Why is it okay to give NA a 24 hour head start on raids?

Yea, okay, I get it, theres a time zone difference. That doesn't mean jack shit. You can see a lot of stuff happen in 24 hours before we even get the capability to play in EU. We'll easily see the world first raid boss kills, ect.

I don't understand why its necesary to give NA a 24 hour head start. Why can't we just have global releases at the same time?
    The release of a raid tier is far less impactful than the release of an expansion. Apples and oranges. Obviously I chose a bad time to post this though, since all the Europeans are awake and of course none of you want to realize how unfair it is.

P.s. Getting patches first actually fucks the US, since we get to deal with major bugs that get fixed by the time the patch is released in EU. You should be thankful. The same can't be said for expansion lanuches, where the patch has already been released.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2016-08-29 at 07:28 AM.

Deleted
    The release is at midnight for almost everyone, in their timezones. Be content that you get almost all the content an entire day earlier than the EU. I wish it was just a 9 hour difference when it came to patches. But hey, what can ya do.

Ermahgerd hedstert!!!!

Deleted
    Because we are behind on all the rest!

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Special american snowflakes...
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    The release of a raid tier is far less impactful than the release of an expansion. Apples and oranges. Obviously I chose a bad time to post this though, since all the Europeans are awake and of course none of you want to realize how unfair it is.
    No it isn't NA gets a 24 headstart on a competition.(and still they dont win)
    The release of an expansion has impact on basically nothing, since raids will not be open until 3 weeks later. Even mythic dungeons are not open.
    stop whining, you get PATCHES ONE DAY earlier, we get EXPANSIONS 9 HOURS earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Why is it okay to give EU a launch at 9AM, when they are rested, and the US has to stay up to be there at launch?
    I'm 100% sure they would complain about that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyvendaal View Post
    The release is at midnight for almost everyone, in their timezones. Be content that you get almost all the content an entire day earlier than the EU. I wish it was just a 9 hour difference when it came to patches. But hey, what can ya do.
    As opposed to just releasing at the same time for everyone. I'm already getting the expansion at fucking 2 am, give it to me 9 hours earlier at the same moment as EU players and everyone can be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    No it isn't NA gets a 24 headstart on a competition.(and still they dont win)
    The release of an expansion has impact on basically nothing, since raids will not be open until 3 weeks later. Even mythic dungeons are not open.
    stop whining, you get PATCHES ONE DAY earlier, we get EXPANSIONS 9 HOURS earlier.
    I'll take access to a major thing like an expansion over content patches any time. One happens once every 1-1.5 years, the other happens multiple times a year. Meh.