Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hey just recently decided to play my Hunter for Legion (was hovering over warrior and pally before).

Since it is a 2-spec R-DPS class, would it be worthwhile to pool 13 points into MM artifact and then put 13 into BM since the 14th trait costs more than 1-13? Or would it be more preferable to just continue to put points into MM (Which I plan to do end-game content with)?

Also, is there a place where I can see the most up-to-date path towards building our artifact wep for MM and BM?

Thank you!

End-game content in Legion is mostly raiding, but to get gear for raiding you wanna do Mythic+. And you might even get kicks in trying to push Mythic+ as high as possible.

I suggest going 13 BM (where it gets really good for Mythic+), then rest in MM (which you want a lot in for raiding).

The best path will be on the Icy-Veins guides whenever they update. Which is like, later today.

Until then..

BM: http://i.imgur.com/0lDJTNu.png

MM: http://i.imgur.com/S24OQ2O.png

I know bm is best for m+ but does that include normal mythic? with m+ not opening untill raid and all is it still better to go 13 bm first?

It includes regular Mythic but obviously since it's way faster and much easier, the difference won't be as apparent since Beast Mastery won't really get the opportunity to flex its muscles as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    It includes regular Mythic but obviously since it's way faster and much easier, the difference won't be as apparent since Beast Mastery won't really get the opportunity to flex its muscles as much.
    Ah okay sweet, thanks for the quick reply.

Deleted
    What is optimal talents for BM leveling:

1. WotC, Stomp, BF, aMoC, Stampede
    2. WotC, Stomp, BF, Barrage, Stampede
    3. WotC, CS, BF, aMoC, Stampede
    4. WotC, CS, BF, Barrage, Stampede

any idea? or rly doesn't matter and all combo is vialable

Quote Originally Posted by shani View Post
    What is optimal talents for BM leveling:

1. WotC, Stomp, BF, aMoC, Stampede
    2. WotC, Stomp, BF, Barrage, Stampede
    3. WotC, CS, BF, aMoC, Stampede
    4. WotC, CS, BF, Barrage, Stampede

any idea? or rly doesn't matter and all combo is vialable
    Neither.

Dire Stable, Stomp, Bestial Fury/maybe Blink Strikes idk, Barrage, Killer Cobra.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure most people will find the leveling experience not very painful this time around. With things scaling with your level it will feel very fluid like the invasions. Nothing hits extremely hard and nothing is a complete waste of time. You are pretty safe leveling in any of the hunter specs. The real debate is where you want those first 11 or so points to go that will come from the leveling itself.

And in all honesty if your group isn't pushing top end raiding you shouldn't worry too much about it. You will have time to get at least 13 in each. Those that are pushing raiding will know what they are going to have as their main spec by now.

I wrote a leveling guide for Legion that will be on Icy-Veins later today.

Here's a sneak peek (without formatting and in HTML, but you get the idea).
    Thank you for this awesome job!

So basicly start with Azsuna then go for a Large zone like Highmountain?
    Is it worth getting Rexar as bodyguard as soon as possible?

is the black arrow minion invincible? Or simply has enough HP to tank for the CD timer? Never tried it, at work.

OP wanted the best leveling spec, I think your feelings on its awkwardness/engaging-ness could not be less important in this context.
    Super small deal, but in the guide you say Exhil gets 25 sec cdr on line 9, then 30 sec cdr on line 19.

End-game content in Legion is mostly raiding, but to get gear for raiding you wanna do Mythic+. And you might even get kicks in trying to push Mythic+ as high as possible.

I suggest going 13 BM (where it gets really good for Mythic+), then rest in MM (which you want a lot in for raiding).

The best path will be on the Icy-Veins guides whenever they update. Which is like, later today.

Until then..

BM: http://i.imgur.com/0lDJTNu.png

MM: http://i.imgur.com/S24OQ2O.png
    Just to clarify, looking at the BM artifact calculator, you only need 11 points to get the first golden dragon which makes your AOE much stronger with haati being able to beast cleave. Do you still need to put 2 more artifact points to push it to 13, or is it better to leave it at 11 for mythic+ dungeons, and then dump points into MM?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    is the black arrow minion invincible? Or simply has enough HP to tank for the CD timer? Never tried it, at work.
    The black arrow minion actually has a relatively small health pool. It's high enough to tank regular mobs for you just fine, but it's going to die vs rares.
    One man with a dream at pleasure
    Shall go forth and conquer a crown;
    And three with a new song's measure
    Can trample an empire down.

Killing rares during leveling is a waste of time at best and directly detrimental at worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go Survival brah, that spec is so fun!

Dude, whatever spec is the best probably wont net you back the 2 hours you wasted reading forum posts, just play whatever and get to 110, this isnt vanilla!

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Go Survival brah, that spec is so fun!
    I would love to go Survival, probably my favorite of the three specs, but it just can't compete with the other hunter specs :/ #thanksblizz

Your unfounded personal feelings towards convenience and obvious lack of knowledge about the game is potentially leading OP and everyone else reading into making wrong decisions, which is perhaps more of a dick move than me calling you a dingus, or an idiot.
    t. Azortharion

For leveling Lone Wolf is "the fastest" option especially if you're fully geared and can nuke everything. Another option, although probably not as fast, is keeping a pet for the convenience, which makes soloing much easier. That's good general advice to give to the average WoW player. The guy in full mythic gear who will just use lone wolf and rush through everything will never need the advice in the first place, so the "convenience factor" is important for the average player.

I'm proud of you, know how to PVE/theorycraft, I used to be like you in Cata as well (reading EJ all day and getting top 10 parses raiding 3x/week). It's not hard at all. You aren't Azortharion master of the hunter class (*Cringes*) because you can do that. If you really want that epeen you should PVP, that is actually an indicator of how well you know your class, not fighting in a scripted encounter pressing 12345 with a UI talking half your screen telling you what to do.

Also, your arrogance on these forums like you're this hunter authority is cute. It's quite funny to watch you think you're the shit and everyone else is an idiot because you're a guide writer for icyveins.
    Last edited by aysatsana; 2016-08-30 at 03:49 AM.

You're not an idiot because you're terrible at the game, actually, you're an idiot because you're giving bad advice. You're completely unable to challenge me based on the facts of the argument, instead you're going for personal attacks. That is what's cute.

This is Legion. Not WoD, not Cata, not WotLK. ANY class and ANY spec can level perfectly fine and fast. lol