Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

First 10 minutes of legion after launch

Where do I go? Didn't do any beta, havn't done anything 7.0 related except raid. Where do I go to start the legion stuff? Where's the legion equivilient of the giant freaking green gate for this xpac?
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

Deleted
    Dalaran above Karazhan.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first few hours of legion launch you'll be looking at your login screen most likely, cuz servers.

On a serious note:
    At launch, dalaran will teleport to the broken isles. From there you get a quest to get you started.
    From there you go to your class hall, which will be where you choose where to go next
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    Have you done all the pre-launch quests that take you back to Ulduar and Karazhan, etc? They end in Dalaran, above Karazhan. Khadgar is in the middle saying he's preparing a way to teleport the city, or something, but it takes time. When Legion officially launches, he'll be ready and you can accept a new quest from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    The first few hours of legion launch you'll be looking at your login screen most likely, cuz servers.

On a serious note:
    At launch, dalaran will teleport to the broken isles. From there you get a quest to get you started.
    From there you go to your class hall, which will be where you choose where to go next
    Not quite. At launch you will get a Quest during which Dalaran teleports. Until you did that quest, it stays over Karazahn. If you haven't done Broken Shore yet, you will have to finish that first.

Depending on class, you will then either be sent to establish your class hall, or obtain your first artifact.

Just do as Kadgar demands, everything is streamlined pretty well. (for ally)

No clue if you are horde, but i think they are somewhere retreating from a potential battle, and somehow on beta plenty of horde is in dalaran, although they have been thrown out of the city by jaina in mop.....

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    Just do as Kadgar demands, everything is streamlined pretty well. (for ally)

No clue if you are horde, but i think they are somewhere retreating from a potential battle, and somehow on beta plenty of horde is in dalaran, although they have been thrown out of the city by jaina in mop.....
    The first Dalaran Pre-Event quest is the Council of Six deciding that the Horde is allowed back into Dalaran, overruling Jaina. She then throws a fit and ports off.

It's pretty much the same process for Horde. Part of the theme of Legion is that we can't rely on Horde/Alliance for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    Have you done all the pre-launch quests that take you back to Ulduar and Karazhan, etc? They end in Dalaran, above Karazhan. Khadgar is in the middle saying he's preparing a way to teleport the city, or something, but it takes time. When Legion officially launches, he'll be ready and you can accept a new quest from him.
    Thanks everyone, so you do have to do the pre-launch quests? Havn't done those, was hoping it was some lore crap I could skip ><
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

Should we log off in Dalaran before the launch? Or wait in SW for message?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

To bed, because the servers are being DDoSd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol at anyone thinking they will be able to play 10 minutes after the launch. Enjoy that login screen you took time off of work to stare at.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    No, the stupid players will blame Blizzard again as they don't understand they DDos them when they try to log in again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wycked View Post
    Thanks everyone, so you do have to do the pre-launch quests? Havn't done those, was hoping it was some lore crap I could skip ><
    lol ~ I'm just the opposite. Was excited to see some lore. Nevertheless I can share that you will be annoyed with the first since you have to follow Khadgar to Ulduar and Karazhan. Takes a few minutes. I loved that one. You will be relieved with the second since it's just a quick visit to Dal and chat. Takes maybe 2-3 minutes. I was disappointed with that one.

Deleted
    I don't play the game for the lore either. So some parts felt a bit slow but the quest is not long and somehow being back to Karazhan this way gave me the chills. (Kara was my first raid and the raid were I pretty much fell in love with raiding so.. nostalgia feels).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    You're misinformed.

It will be something like warlords launch. Except now, dalaran will fall under weight of masses of players.

Deleted
    the first month of legion launch you will be looking at "world server is down"

Where do I go? Didn't do any beta, havn't done anything 7.0 related except raid. Where do I go to start the legion stuff? Where's the legion equivilient of the giant freaking green gate for this xpac?
    if you play on high pop server you will spend htis time in que after servers will crash due to to many people being in dalaran near khatgar -_-

thats why already prepared DH on my old dead realm so for first month i can chill and play whenever i like without being stuck in 8 hour que while at the same time being able to play with people via real id - only thing ill miss is milions of gold from crafting but fuck it i made neough during WoD to not care this time around.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-08-29 at 09:50 AM.

You have to do the pre-launch quests on at least one character; there should be an option for any further characters to skip the pre-expansion quests after completing it on one character. This is how it was on beta at least, I can't tell you for sure because I'm playing a Demon Hunter and they skip straight over the Broken Shore scenario and come in just after it's over in the timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Logic says "do not log out in a city that will be moving due to a quest". Stay SW is the safe choice in every expansion launch. New phasing system should work so that you won't be looking at thousands of people trying to do the same thing.
    Good point. Thanks!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    You have to do the pre-launch quests on at least one character; there should be an option for any further characters to skip the pre-expansion quests after completing it on one character. This is how it was on beta at least, I can't tell you for sure because I'm playing a Demon Hunter and they skip straight over the Broken Shore scenario and come in just after it's over in the timeline.
    Pretty sure you just need to log on and accept a quest to meet Khadgar in Dalaran to witness the port to Broken Isles, no matter if you've done the pre-expansion quests or not. These will all become optional and available from another NPC once we hit launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Logic says "do not log out in a city that will be moving due to a quest". Stay SW is the safe choice in every expansion launch. New phasing system should work so that you won't be looking at thousands of people trying to do the same thing.
    The city won't actually move unless you've completed the quest yourself. It's per character, not realm-wide. Would also reccomend logging on and idling about an hour before so that you don't have to load it all in one go.