Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hereby declare OP a troll. If he is not, then oh my God.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    There are apparently just 4 zones in Legion, instead of 5, required for levelling 100->110. Where are we supposed to level after 108?
    The dungeon quest at the end of each zone gives you about 10x as much xp as a normal quest so that will help and I can say from having leveled on the beta that unless you skip alot of quests in each zone you will hit 110 before or around the last bit of the zone story of the last zone that you pick.

So I can finish the entire game at level 100 and then be SoL forever? They made that error in WoD, and it was ridiculous.
    If you dont have the expac you wont be able to do any of the content/ If you turn off XP gain, your just not very smart for playing the game in that way. That wasn't an error on their part, it's an error on the players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lorejunkay View Post
    You are just flat out wrong here. Nice try trolling bro but this is pretty weak b8
    This wasn't true even without heirlooms. My first char through Shadowmoon was 93 because I did every quest and bonus objective I could find, as well as hunt all the treasures. I was 100 before I ever saw Nagrand because of it, I had barely started Arak when i dinged.

Deleted
    What are "bonus objectives"? Grind quests like in WoD?

- - - Updated - - -

And that is not true as I remember doing the second zone starting at level 92 and I had to do 2 dungeons and grind some zone quests just to hit 94 after completing the whole storyline. I don't believe the first zone gives more XP than that. It was in patch 5.2, BTW.
    Yes, those are bonus objectives. Also, just because you didn't get higher than lvl 92 before leaving Frostfire, doesn't mean others couldn't. Garrison Mission for exp, completing more quests (Not all quests are part of the storyline, same in Legion), treasures gave a ton of exp, and some people are just much more efficient, for example by killing every single mob they see while going from A to B or while finishing quest Y when X is already done.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I can say from having leveled on the beta that unless you skip alot of quests in each zone you will hit 110 before or around the last bit of the zone story of the last zone that you pick.
    So only story quests, without dungeons and grinding should take you to 110 after all four zones?

Can someone confirm that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    That wasn't an error on their part, it's an error on the players.
    It was their error they didn't had any catch-up mechanics for level 91 players who did all the story quests and could not start the next area. In Pandaria and Cataclysm that was impossible, as there was an extra starting zone. In WoD, there is only one starting zone and 2 level gate to the next one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Yes, those are bonus objectives. Also, just because you didn't get higher than lvl 92 before leaving Frostfire, doesn't mean others couldn't.
    Are "bonus objectives" the quests on the map where you have to kill many mobs in the highlighted zones?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So only story quests, without dungeons and grinding should take you to 110 after all four zones?

Can someone confirm that?

- - - Updated - - -

It was their error they didn't had any catch-up mechanics for level 91 players who did all the story quests and could not start the next area. In Pandaria and Cataclysm that was impossible, as there was an extra starting zone. In WoD, there is only one starting zone and 2 level gate to the next one.

- - - Updated - - -

Are "bonus objectives" the quests on the map where you have to kill many mobs in the highlighted zones?
    If you opt to do 30% of all the quests available that's on you. If you honestly expect that to get you to 110 alone then I don't know what to tell you.

wow OP can't do a simple 10 divided by 4 math equation? is this for real?

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    You are all getting trolled. MMO Champion moderators sanction trolling pretty often on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by lorejunkay View Post
    You are all getting trolled. MMO Champion moderators sanction trolling pretty often on this site.
    Ahh yeah, it's gotta be that, just looking at recent post history. def

Offtopic question: will heirloom ring work when turning quests in legion?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Offtopic question: will heirloom ring work when turning quests in legion?
    No heirlooms will work the first weeks most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    No heirlooms will work the first weeks most likely.
    Proof?

/10char

wow OP can't do a simple 10 divided by 4 math equation?
    You cannot have zones with fractional levels, so...

And you cannot just scale the XP gain, as it is non-linear. Each zone should have alternative experience numbers, which are again incompatible with fractional levels. I.E. 102.5-105 zone cannot work with level 106 or 107 character, as XP chart has different shape there.
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2016-08-29 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    You mean you made the mistake of being xp locked for some reason? Yeah, you'd have to find creative ways to level; but someone leveled 1-100 by gathering alone so I guess if you did something like that to yourself, you still have options; at least the mobs scale to you and you won't be vastly outleveled by the mobs!

This scaling tech has been in games like GW2 and FFXIV at launch and Rift for years; though Rift and FFXIV is a selectable level sync while GW2 is more fluid like Legion.

I will probably be 110 after only 2 zones because I prepared my DH with bonus objectives across Draenor, the gorgrond monster hunter, and most of the treasures still up; I still need to progress spires for the 20% but not sure if I even care ... I'll get a couple levels, push my artifact, class hall, and professions, then work on clearing a single zone while going back when needed for keeping those things I mentioned progressed. I'm not too worried about it, will have fun with it, and won't be bitching about being bored because of how I approached it.

I see you are floating around the forums trying to slant things negatively, but you poke at the wrong things; there are real issues to complain about, but I'm not going to hold your hand and help you find them
    I wasn't a fan of FFXIV's method. They scale your abilities back too. For instance if you do a level 20 instance with friends, you are scaled back to a level 20, with access to only the abilities that a level 20 would have. I prefer our whole toolkit available at all times, like WoW has with timewalking.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Proof?

/10char
    Are you retarded? Heirlooms will not work for leveling in Legion other than the Trinkets designed specifically for leveling in Legion.

No OP is simple.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Proof?

/10char
    Every previous expansion?

It is always an integer number of levels, due to obvious reason. So it is either 2 or 3.
    Since we're talking about integers and rational numbers, the amount of sense this makes is <0.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Every previous expansion?
    I didn't know.
    I recently got a ring from a naval mission then the question came to my mind
    Last edited by Vagabond; 2016-08-29 at 11:26 AM.

You cannot have zones with fractional levels, so...

And you cannot just scale the XP gain, as it is non-linear. Each zone should have alternative experience numbers, which are again incompatible with fractional levels. I.E. 102.5-105 zone cannot work with level 106 or 107 character, as XP chart has different shape there.
    You know what, you're right. Obviously this expansion is doomed from the start and we're all going to fail levelling to 110 since zones can only give you 2 levels worth of xp. Better apply blizz for a refund right now and delete your account.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"